Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

-----Snowy Sunday Morning Thread-----

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ASTROBURN

Jun 23, 2011
Santa Cruz, CA
almost three more hours. I feel beat. was out late with friends, had a big bbq dinner followed by a movie with popcorn. I only had a third of the bag before I was just done. Then heartburn came around 5am followed by praying to the porcelain god. Then slept til 8, came to work, and am just feeling crappy.

Needless to say, I'm ready to go home.

clarkzac

Oct 31, 2010
Well, here's a quick rundown of my TwinsFest experience. I have a few interesting/funny stories if anybody is interested. Not pictured are the baseballs that I got signed by Jack Morris, Kent Hrbek, Joe Mauer, Rod Carew, and Alex Meyer. Also not pictured is a 16x20 of Tony Oliva and a couple of ice cream helmets that are signed by Chris Colabello (x2), Kyle Knudson, and Nate Hanson. I also got Greg Olson on an SI for [MENTION=1953]Musial Collector[/MENTION]. I was also able to help [MENTION=2152]JustinG08[/MENTION] and get Oliva and Carew on some SK minis. I picked up a Mini Met stadium and Ron Gardenhire bobblehead from the show as well

Kurt Suzuki- 8x10, 2009 Ginter. Hit him up both days
SuzukiKurt_zps337f1239.jpg

SuzukiKurt8x10_zps411a0ab5.jpg

Glen Perkins- 2013 All-Star stitches, came out nice
PerkinsGlen2_zps73cef96b.jpg

Terry Steinbach- 1993 Finest
SteinbackTerry2_zps3acf7acf.jpg

Alex Presley- 2011 Heritage RC
PresleyAlex_zps07939995.jpg

Dick Stigman- 1963 Topps, signed it in black before I could stop him
StigmanDick_zps7a5ad294.jpg

Josh Willingham- 2012 Ginter, 2008 Ginter
WillinghamJosh3_zps4d40422e.jpg
WillinghamJosh1_zps6e7e638e.jpg

Tony Oliva- 1969 Topps, and a 16x20
OlivaTony_zpsde4d34f4.jpg

Joe Mauer- 2008 Ginter, and a baseball
MauerJoe_zps0b6f5a43.jpg

Logan Darnell- 2010 Bowman Chrome Refractor
DarnellLogan_zps01a78aa7.jpg

Samuel Deduno- 2006 Bowman Chrome
DedunoSamuel_zps831cf465.jpg

clarkzac

Oct 31, 2010
For some reason, it wasn't all posted. Hopefully this makes it an even sweeter stash! I would like to thank [MENTION=4648]TGutta[/MENTION] for helping out. He was kind enough to get both Willinghams, the Berrios Blue Wave, B.J. Hermsen, Logan Darnell, and Alex Meyer baseball signed for me since I was in the line for Hrbek, Morris, Oliva, and Steinbach right before and would have had to stand in line forever for the Willingham table

Jose Berrios- 2013 Blue Wave, 2013 Heritage Minors
BerriosJose2_zps215f39d0.jpg
BerriosJose3_zps36b00030.jpg

Scott Diamond- 2013 Ginter
DiamondScott4_zps0631fa09.jpg

B.J. Hermsen- 2010 Topps Pro Debut
HermsenBJ_zpsb4f83fe1.jpg

Phil Hughes- 2008 Ginter
HughesPhil_zpsa4669da4.jpg

Now these are the pick ups from the weekend. The coat drive 8x10 are from helping Taylor get 20 coats. The Bowman RC was a purchase of mine ($4) that I sent in to be authenticated

Justin Morneau Coat Drive 8x10
MorneauJustinCoatdrive8x10_zps8e7f8084.jpg

Justin Morneau Bowman Gold RC
MorneauJustinPSARookieAuto_zps58089cf8.jpg

Joe Mauer 8x10-
MauerJoe8x10_zpsf85ea082.jpg

Justin Morneau 8x10
MorneauJustin8x10_zps8e0685c8.jpg

Michael Cuddyer 8x10-
CuddyerMichael8x10_zpsd2bc9bf0.jpg

Chris Parmelee, Liam Hendriks, Joe Benson Debut ticket stub signed by all-
ParmeleeBensonHendriksDebutstub_zps1f585666.jpg

Greg Gagne 1987 Topps- came in a grab bag
GagneGreg2_zps2d2d65d1.jpg

Anthony Slama signed Twins calendar, game in a grab bag as well-
SlamaAnthonyCalendar_zps7c73293a.jpg

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
Nice haul!

So, Zach. Funny story.

Chris texts me this morning about a Kyle Knudson gamer that was at the yard sale, but I thought it was you sending the texts.

I kept saying "Tell him to get it, and tell him to let me know what the final cost is." For some reason I thought you guys were together, texting me haha.

Last edited:

clarkzac

Oct 31, 2010
Nice haul!

So, Zach. Funny story.

Chris texts me this morning about a Kyle Knudson gamer that was at the yard sale, but I thought it was you sending the texts.

I kept saying "Tell him to get it, and tell him to let me know what the final cost is." For some reason I thought you guys were together, texting me haha.

:lol: I headed back to Sioux Falls last night. We were on our way home to Nebraska today, but about an hour west of Sioux Falls we had to turn around because the weather was getting so bad. Missing another day of classes now lol. Was it a jersey for $50? I didn't look through the game used stuff too much since I saw how picked over it got right away on Friday

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
:lol: I headed back to Sioux Falls last night. We were on our way home to Nebraska today, but about an hour west of Sioux Falls we had to turn around because the weather was getting so bad. Missing another day of classes now lol. Was it a jersey for $50? I didn't look through the game used stuff too much since I saw how picked over it got right away on Friday

Yeah, the jersey was for $50. It's not a bad deal.

I think what happened was I put your number in my phone, but not your name. I saw a ton of numbers show up and just assumed it was you haha.

I hear you on the roads. It's really bad out. I decided to stay home for the night before heading back tomorrow morning, which means I'll miss class.

clarkzac

Oct 31, 2010
Nice haul Zach, can't thank you enough for helping with the Sportkings!

Yeah, about those. They some how found their way into my PC so I don't know what to do :lol: Tony Oliva looked his over for quite awhile. Well, about 30 seconds before he signed it. But when they are trying to push as many people through as they are, 30 seconds is a long time lol. Their table was one of the better deals in my opinion. Two great ballplayers, one being in the HOF for $35 total. I ended up having to buy a card for Tony O to sign since on Friday morning it was decided that I was going Friday night. The original plan was for me to have Oliva sign a 16x20, but I saw him on Friday and had him sign the 16x20 then

MojoDan

Aug 22, 2008
I will get a nice bold Mauer auto someday for the PC. One of the classiest players to ever grace the field in my opinion.

ASTROBURN

Jun 23, 2011
Santa Cruz, CA
So I've had a box of 1990 fleer cases for some time, and during the holidays, I gave some to my nephews and daughter. Well, Alie wanted to sort her cards, and put them in pages and a binder like Daddy. So, I gave her a small binder, and she filled my last 21 pages with cards that are worth less than the pages themselves. But shes having fun. In fact, I gave her two more cases and shes been opening them and sorting them by team. Now she is using a 3200 count box. I am going to teach her about set building, and actually using the numbers on the cards to put them in order. Shes really looking forward to it.

Hawk8

Jul 13, 2013
Louisiana
Just picked this up for $12 shipped. Anything look wrong with it besides the marker slightly faded? Figure for the price not much of a risk
51A5FAB4-C903-4D13-8B18-B7AB7AA5495F.png

Nice card at a very nice price. Makes me thankful Dawson's sig is readable also.

Getting ready to pick my oldest daughter up, form her mom's. The weekends they go to their mom's, I pick one up and we have a date. It's difficult to spend individual time with them, when they're all here. So, I do it on their mom's weekend. She's the type to not care, so it works out. Love these days.

Have fun!

Anybody else watch "The Curse of Oak Island" on the History Channel? I'm watching the first episode and it looks to be pretty interesting.

I have been watching it. I have been fascinated by the island before the show came on tv. Keep hoping they find something.

Dustin, I'm glad you had a good time! Thats all that matters!

Well, here's a quick rundown of my TwinsFest experience. I have a few interesting/funny stories if anybody is interested. Not pictured are the baseballs that I got signed by Jack Morris, Kent Hrbek, Joe Mauer, Rod Carew, and Alex Meyer. Also not pictured is a 16x20 of Tony Oliva and a couple of ice cream helmets that are signed by Chris Colabello (x2), Kyle Knudson, and Nate Hanson. I also got Greg Olson on an SI for @Musial Collector. I was also able to help @JustinG08 and get Oliva and Carew on some SK minis. I picked up a Mini Met stadium and Ron Gardenhire bobblehead from the show as well

Kurt Suzuki- 8x10, 2009 Ginter. Hit him up both days
SuzukiKurt_zps337f1239.jpg

SuzukiKurt8x10_zps411a0ab5.jpg

Glen Perkins- 2013 All-Star stitches, came out nice
PerkinsGlen2_zps73cef96b.jpg

Terry Steinbach- 1993 Finest
SteinbackTerry2_zps3acf7acf.jpg

Alex Presley- 2011 Heritage RC
PresleyAlex_zps07939995.jpg

Dick Stigman- 1963 Topps, signed it in black before I could stop him
StigmanDick_zps7a5ad294.jpg

Josh Willingham- 2012 Ginter, 2008 Ginter
WillinghamJosh3_zps4d40422e.jpg
WillinghamJosh1_zps6e7e638e.jpg

Tony Oliva- 1969 Topps, and a 16x20
OlivaTony_zpsde4d34f4.jpg

Joe Mauer- 2008 Ginter, and a baseball
MauerJoe_zps0b6f5a43.jpg

Logan Darnell- 2010 Bowman Chrome Refractor
DarnellLogan_zps01a78aa7.jpg

Samuel Deduno- 2006 Bowman Chrome
DedunoSamuel_zps831cf465.jpg

Very nice!

For some reason, it wasn't all posted. Hopefully this makes it an even sweeter stash! I would like to thank @TGutta for helping out. He was kind enough to get both Willinghams, the Berrios Blue Wave, B.J. Hermsen, Logan Darnell, and Alex Meyer baseball signed for me since I was in the line for Hrbek, Morris, Oliva, and Steinbach right before and would have had to stand in line forever for the Willingham table

Jose Berrios- 2013 Blue Wave, 2013 Heritage Minors
BerriosJose2_zps215f39d0.jpg
BerriosJose3_zps36b00030.jpg

Scott Diamond- 2013 Ginter
DiamondScott4_zps0631fa09.jpg

B.J. Hermsen- 2010 Topps Pro Debut
HermsenBJ_zpsb4f83fe1.jpg

Phil Hughes- 2008 Ginter
HughesPhil_zpsa4669da4.jpg

Now these are the pick ups from the weekend. The coat drive 8x10 are from helping Taylor get 20 coats. The Bowman RC was a purchase of mine ($4) that I sent in to be authenticated

Justin Morneau Coat Drive 8x10
MorneauJustinCoatdrive8x10_zps8e7f8084.jpg

Justin Morneau Bowman Gold RC
MorneauJustinPSARookieAuto_zps58089cf8.jpg

Joe Mauer 8x10-
MauerJoe8x10_zpsf85ea082.jpg

Justin Morneau 8x10
MorneauJustin8x10_zps8e0685c8.jpg

Michael Cuddyer 8x10-
CuddyerMichael8x10_zpsd2bc9bf0.jpg

Chris Parmelee, Liam Hendriks, Joe Benson Debut ticket stub signed by all-
ParmeleeBensonHendriksDebutstub_zps1f585666.jpg

Greg Gagne 1987 Topps- came in a grab bag
GagneGreg2_zps2d2d65d1.jpg

Anthony Slama signed Twins calendar, game in a grab bag as well-
SlamaAnthonyCalendar_zps7c73293a.jpg

Very nice also!

Nice haul Zach, can't thank you enough for helping with the Sportkings!

Love the Dawson in your sig!

So I've had a box of 1990 fleer cases for some time, and during the holidays, I gave some to my nephews and daughter. Well, Alie wanted to sort her cards, and put them in pages and a binder like Daddy. So, I gave her a small binder, and she filled my last 21 pages with cards that are worth less than the pages themselves. But shes having fun. In fact, I gave her two more cases and shes been opening them and sorting them by team. Now she is using a 3200 count box. I am going to teach her about set building, and actually using the numbers on the cards to put them in order. Shes really looking forward to it.

That is so awesome! Almost bought a case of 88 Fleer at the show yesterday just because Dawson is on the box. I am enjoying teaching my son about cards and graded cards and cameos and jerseys and autos and serial numbers and variations and errors and looking for a good deal.

clarkzac

Oct 31, 2010
I will get a nice bold Mauer auto someday for the PC. One of the classiest players to ever grace the field in my opinion.

He was cranking out the autos on Friday night. I was number 299 for him and made it through no problems, and he was session was 75 minutes long. He said hi and asked how everybody was doing while he signed the items. The workers were really pushing people through, but Mauer seemed to want to talk to the fans. I really liked Kurt Suzuki. Perkins was a blast as well. The best table as far as talking goes was the Hrbek, Morris, Oliva, and Steinbach. They were giving each other a bunch of crap, expect Morris seemed pretty quiet, and they were still talking with the fans. I had to give Steinbach a bad time about the 93 Finest. I said "Just so you know, that card was made the same year I was born." His response, "Well that sure makes me feel old now" and then he chuckled. I Suzuki pretty much made a kid say thank you on Friday night. Suzuki handed his item back to him and the kid (probably about 24ish) starts walking down the line, and Suzuki watched him, and then said "You're welcome." The kid then said thank you to him. I make it a point to say "Thank you very much" each time somebody signs something for me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts