Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Griffey Collector's Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sevilst

Apr 6, 2014
Going to be moving and don't have space for this to display unfortunately, really don't want to have to put it in storage :(

Willing to trade/sell for the right offers if anyone is interested please let me know. Has be stored in a smoke free and pet free home out of sunlight (has been in the case in my man cave)

One of the few Rawlings Adirondack Big Stick Autographs not done on a black bat. Please PM if interested.

Pictures:
http://imgur.com/a/RAZPp

Adrian.

May 16, 2013
Anybody have a ballpark on what a Blue Back 89 Fleer (Graded 9) might go for on eBay? I want to throw it on there but don't want to pay for the risk of possible disappointment.

goobmcnasty

Apr 4, 2014
So its safe to say he knows its not an Illuminator. Its been returned at least once. Why is this ballchin re-listing it as an illuminator?

@athletics07

Saw the item as well and almost hit the BIN but saw the seller. I personally feel that certain cards are listed by that seller knowingly wrong (i.e) Epix Emeralds, and your Illuminator

I'm all for flipping/selling Griffey's but it's never fair to knowingly list a card as something it's not. I agree with the above posters and say it's a must to hold the seller accountable. I'm very happy with Ebay's Buyer Protection policy. Especially when I purchase high ticket ungraded items.

I'm also fairly certain every night before bed when I check new Griffey listings and see the "3 peaople have viewed this item" it's you guys! haha

athletics07

Nov 10, 2013
I escalated the case. Magically receive refund. Left negative feedback. His message:

"Hello,

I re-listed the item from my phone after receiving it back in the mail 2 hours ago. After conferring with my local card shop dealer, he informed me that it is indeed the illuminator & that I could get at least $300 for it.

I couldn't send you a refund until I had access to a computer later in the day. My feedback is 100% over 8 years on eBay - of course I was going to issue your refund. Thanks for assuming the worst, calling me a liar, & damaging my reputation.

Have a great day,

Dan"

He needs a new card shop.

Joey_peapod

Jan 27, 2014
I prob wouldn't have left him a neg, but his is still a scumbag. When you escalate the case with tracking, you automatically get your money back. If it wasn't clear its def not the Illuminator. He does that tactic with a bunch of his cards.

Medoogan

Apr 4, 2014
Seeing as how I just sold my entire run of triumvirates, all 3 versions from all years, I know a little about them. That is assuredly NOT an illuminator. I'm not a fan of the seller, either. Purposeful deceit is never a redeeming quality. Also has bought from me during my collection liquidation. I had to file a non-paying bidder case twice, once receiving my fees refunded, giving him a npb hit, and paid late on the one item I didn't file against him on.

My same illuminator auction is http://www.ebay.com/itm/16126306499...l?_sacat=0&_from=R40&_nkw=161263064990&_rdc=1

See how it's refractor-ish and transparent?

Last edited:

athletics07

Nov 10, 2013
I prob wouldn't have left him a neg, but his is still a scumbag. When you escalate the case with tracking, you automatically get your money back. If it wasn't clear its def not the Illuminator. He does that tactic with a bunch of his cards.

I wouldn't have left a neg if he hadn't made re-listing a priority over refund of payment. He earned it, IMO.

ckurdelski

Jul 4, 2012
http://s1023.photobucket.com/user/ckurdelski/library/?view=recent&page=1

---

Hey everyone -

After a 1.5 year hiatus, I've uploaded photos of recent additions to the Photobucket!

A couple note and observations:
- This was a big year for completing sets:1998 Cramer's Choice Rainbow, 1998 Tek 90 Card Set (FINALLY!!), 1999 UD Black Diamond Rainbow
- Started buying a few autographs
- Only 480 cards in 18 months - this is getting tough!

Anyway, I hope y'all enjoy!

thejuniorcollection

ckurdelski

Jul 4, 2012
And a few embeds:

Attachments

• Donruss Elite Primary Colors - Yellow - Die Cuts.JPG
    Donruss Elite Primary Colors - Yellow - Die Cuts.JPG
    92.3 KB · Views: 30
  • Donruss Studio - Studio Proof.JPG
    Donruss Studio - Studio Proof.JPG
    76.7 KB · Views: 23
  • Fleer - Starting Nine.JPG
    Fleer - Starting Nine.JPG
    104.8 KB · Views: 29
  • Fleer Flair Hot Gloves - Uncut Prototype.JPG
    Fleer Flair Hot Gloves - Uncut Prototype.JPG
    114.8 KB · Views: 29
  • Fleer Flair Showcase Perfect 10.JPG
    Fleer Flair Showcase Perfect 10.JPG
    102.3 KB · Views: 31
  • Fleer Focus Bat Company - VIP Edition Pink Proof.JPG
    Fleer Focus Bat Company - VIP Edition Pink Proof.JPG
    112.1 KB · Views: 28
  • Fleer Focus Diamond Vision - VIP Edition Pink Proof.JPG
    Fleer Focus Diamond Vision - VIP Edition Pink Proof.JPG
    109.5 KB · Views: 26
  • Fleer Skybox Premium - Star Rubies Extreme.JPG
    Fleer Skybox Premium - Star Rubies Extreme.JPG
    87.7 KB · Views: 25
  • Pacific Crown Royale Cramer's Choice Premium - Aqua.JPG
    Pacific Crown Royale Cramer's Choice Premium - Aqua.JPG
    227.7 KB · Views: 24
  • Pacific Crown Royale Cramer's Choice Premium - Green.JPG
    Pacific Crown Royale Cramer's Choice Premium - Green.JPG
    210.4 KB · Views: 25
  • Pacific Crown Royale Cramer's Choice Premium - Red.JPG
    Pacific Crown Royale Cramer's Choice Premium - Red.JPG
    216.2 KB · Views: 28
  • Pacific Invincible Cramers Choice Awards - Purple.JPG
    Pacific Invincible Cramers Choice Awards - Purple.JPG
    97.1 KB · Views: 29
  • Pinnacle _ Checklist - Artists Proof - Test Issue.JPG
    Pinnacle _ Checklist - Artists Proof - Test Issue.JPG
    86.2 KB · Views: 37
  • Pinnacle Score Rookie Traded - Showcase Series - Artists Proof - One Of One.JPG
    Pinnacle Score Rookie Traded - Showcase Series - Artists Proof - One Of One.JPG
    192.8 KB · Views: 35
  • Pinnacle Select - Quasar Level 2.JPG
    Pinnacle Select - Quasar Level 2.JPG
    96.1 KB · Views: 26
  • Pinnacle Zenith - The Big Picture.JPG
    Pinnacle Zenith - The Big Picture.JPG
    863.8 KB · Views: 32
  • Topps Chrome - Uncirculated X-Fractor.JPG
    Topps Chrome - Uncirculated X-Fractor.JPG
    118.9 KB · Views: 33
  • Topps Gold Label - Class 2 - Red Label.JPG
    Topps Gold Label - Class 2 - Red Label.JPG
    82.6 KB · Views: 32
  • Topps Stadium Club - Printing Plates - Black.JPG
    Topps Stadium Club - Printing Plates - Black.JPG
    82.7 KB · Views: 31
  • Upper Deck Black Diamond - Quadruple.JPG
    Upper Deck Black Diamond - Quadruple.JPG
    99.6 KB · Views: 30
  • Upper Deck Etchings A Piece Of History 500 Club.JPG
    Upper Deck Etchings A Piece Of History 500 Club.JPG
    82.7 KB · Views: 30
  • Upper Deck MVP Game Used Souvenirs - Autographed.JPG
    Upper Deck MVP Game Used Souvenirs - Autographed.JPG
    110 KB · Views: 27

tidel144

Jan 30, 2014
http://s1023.photobucket.com/user/ckurdelski/library/?view=recent&page=1

---

Hey everyone -

After a 1.5 year hiatus, I've uploaded photos of recent additions to the Photobucket!

A couple note and observations:
- This was a big year for completing sets:1998 Cramer's Choice Rainbow, 1998 Tek 90 Card Set (FINALLY!!), 1999 UD Black Diamond Rainbow
- Started buying a few autographs
- Only 480 cards in 18 months - this is getting tough!

Anyway, I hope y'all enjoy!

thejuniorcollection

Chris,

While I wasn't a member here when you left, it's a pleasure to "meet" you on your return. I enjoyed looking through your collection, especially the late 90's inserts/parallels. Congrats on the sets as well - the 1998 topps tek set completion may be one of the most impressive I've heard completed (along with GC's '97 Platinum Gold, of course) and the '98 Cramer's set is remarkable because of how rare each one is.

Welcome back!

Rodney

Latest posts