Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Upcoming Young Yankee Star to collect/follow?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

darocker80

Aug 7, 2008
Lincecum Land
Hello FCB community,

I am moving to Manhattan on Sunday and I am thinking about picking up just one sports team to follow and softly root for while I live in New York. My best friend growing up is a Yankee fan, so I have decided to softly root for the empire (ya i know..).

I am wondering who is a young prospect or young stud on the team who has a bright/long future with the Yankees. I wanna start a new PC (start with lower end RCs). Any opinions are appreciated!

darocker80

Aug 7, 2008
Lincecum Land
On the 25- or 40-man roster? Or are you looking someone about to break through from the minors?
both, I know of Gary Sanchez in the minors and JR Murphy in the majors. Funny both are catchers.

But just looking for a young talented ball player to follow (his career) while i live in new york.

NY Tony

Mar 29, 2013
That's a toughie bc the Yankee farmland isn't very good and a lot of prospects will be dealt

Just be wary

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
First of all, by living in the City and the insane prices, you won't have any money for even Commons. $20 for BK? $40 for parking? I wish I was kidding.

But rooting for the stinkin' Yankees? Completely UN-acceptable. You should be ashamed, embarassed and only a full recant will save you.

Better hope [MENTION=2110]lisu[/MENTION] doesn't find out...

joey12508

Aug 7, 2008
Winterfell
both, I know of Gary Sanchez in the minors and JR Murphy in the majors. Funny both are catchers.

But just looking for a young talented ball player to follow (his career) while i live in new york.

Rob refsnyder

Welcome to the dark side

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board mobile app

darocker80

Aug 7, 2008
Lincecum Land
First of all, by living in the City and the insane prices, you won't have any money for even Commons. $20 for BK? $40 for parking? I wish I was kidding.

But rooting for the stinkin' Yankees? Completely UN-acceptable. You should be ashamed, embarassed and only a full recant will save you.

Better hope @lisu doesn't find out...
Okay thanks...I am still a hard core giant fan, and have always rooted softly for the yankees my entire life. I will just make them my official AL Team.

Also you don't have to educate me on how expensive it is to live in Mahattan...I did my homework and I already have budgeted accordingly. And i sold my car...

Good thing my job pays a pretty penny right after college ;)

D-Lite

Nov 10, 2010
SF Peninsula
That's a toughie bc the Yankee farmland isn't very good and a lot of prospects will be dealt

Just be wary
Isn't very good? It's not great by any means but there are a number of players that should turn out to be useful/average regulars and a few that may turn into legit stars. After a rough 2013, 2014 was a good deal better with Judge and Severino stepping up big and Refsnyder emerging as a likely starter come 2015 and one of two positions of need.

Honestly, people say the Yanks had a hyped system, but tell me how well Middlebrooks, Bogaerts, Bradley Jr, and Ranaudo are doing so far after a full season of mediocrity at best. Only Betts looks to be the real deal there.

jcmint

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Eric jagielo drafted from notre dame who plays first and hit 20 hr and was out a month is good guy to check out

aaron judge is another guy who played well this season

D-Lite

Nov 10, 2010
SF Peninsula
Eric jagielo drafted from notre dame who plays first and hit 20 hr and was out a month is good guy to check out

aaron judge is another guy who played well this season
I'm kinda surprised Jagielo's stuff has dropped so much (about 30-50%). He was out more than a month and still put up pretty good numbers.

jcmint

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Me too I'm still a buyer I believe he can play better and stick at third
good looking kid from notre dame potentially playing third for the yanks yeah that'll work

i have at least 100 gem autos of his

corockies

Mar 23, 2013
Colorado
Dante Bichette Jr. hasn't put up any kind of mind blowing numbers in the minors so far, but he's only 21 and slated for a full season at AA next year. Puts him at 2.5 years younger than the average player age @ AA.

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
The Yanks have a much better system than people think.

Off the top of my head in no order:
Judge
Severino
Jagielo
Clarkin
Bichette
Sanchez
Bird
Molina
Banuelos
Lindgren
Hensley
Refsnyder
Montgomery

lisu

Aug 8, 2008
Mountain View, CA
This is how I would rank the players that I would buy for the Yankees:

1. Jagielo - solid - should be a starter for the Yankees in the next year or 2 (this is a safer investment)
2. Judge - young, huge power numbers - but more risky because power hitters sometimes have problems making contact aka Adam Dunn.
3. Leonardo Molina - very young, high ceiling, but also super risky - injuries, development, etc etc.

Members online