Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

July pickups

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008
Always thought this set was interesting. Just picked up a complete run of 1999 Topps Chrome McGwires (70 cards) and Sosa (66 cards). Must have cost the seller a small fortune and a lot of time to assemble! Happy to pick this one up with a lot less hassle.

attachment.php
attachment.php

Nice!

Sweet Heston deal too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
thats awesome!

Thanks! Long time no speak btw. Hope all is well by you!

That is an incredibly beautiful cut-auto! One of the best I've seen in awhile.

Thanks! It was one of those cards that back when the set was released I could only dream about. (Now I feel like an old man picking up "cards from my youth" lol. I guess that's what the guys buying the 52 Mantles feel like)

Congratulations on the Jackie Robinson card! Very nice.

Thanks!

That's a ****ing gorgeous card. Love the '02 UD Premiere Prospect set !

I'm guessing a certain JJ has you partial to the 2002 set. Prospect Premieres was a pretty interesting set. I remember ripping the 2002 set and pulling a BJ Upton back when he was a really big deal.

Such a pretty card!

It's not a patch, but not bad ;)

Just added this one. With the way he's been playing I've actually started to feel like these are undervalued, so when I had a chance to get one for a (relatively) decent price I went for it (still absolutely pushed the upper limits on my wallet lol). Not sure how long I will hold on to it, but it's pretty sweet.

attachment.php

Attachments

• Mike Trout Blue Refractor Auto.jpg
    Mike Trout Blue Refractor Auto.jpg
    267.7 KB · Views: 214

u2me57

Mar 21, 2014
Hendersonville, Tn.
Nice cards guys. Keep them coming. Picked up this Thome card yesterday. Probably my nicest Thome card in a Dodgers uniform, since he only got to play with Manny for 1 month, the 2nd time around.

2009 U.D. Ultimate Collection #14 099/599

Topnotchsy

Aug 7, 2008
Sweet cards. I actually just opened a box from that set. If there is anyone else you are looking for from it, let me know as I may have it. (I know I pulled the Paul O'Neil as well as Lee Mazzilli who was a coach for part of the run...

I finally pulled the trigger on this Torre auto, to go alongside my Zimmer, then decided to add the Stottlemyer to complete the late 90's Yankees brain trust.

nevermore

Aug 7, 2008
New York
Finally got a Zimmer myself. Wanted IP/TTM auto of his for my 98 Yankees project, gives me 32/45 players & coaches from that year. Too a while to find one signed by Zimmer and not his wife. Also some other pickups over last few weeks. Resorting to basketball for my patch fixes as Yankee patches are rather boring.

u2me57

Mar 21, 2014
Hendersonville, Tn.
Got this nice Jim Thome card in yesterday:

2012 Topps Gold Active AL Home Run Leaders Arod/Thome/Giambi #91 852/2012

Pretty cool how 2 of the top 4 on this list were teammates, best friends, and played the game the right way.

u2me57

Mar 21, 2014
Hendersonville, Tn.
Got in a 2003 etopps #4 card of Jim Thome. These are really nice looking cards. The casing it came in was cracked and shattered front and back. So I took the casing off and the card was fine.

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008
The eTopps cards are gorgeous! Like other uncirculated cards the hard part is finding one in the original scratch free case

u2me57

Mar 21, 2014
Hendersonville, Tn.
The eTopps cards are gorgeous! Like other uncirculated cards the hard part is finding one in the original scratch free case

Yeah, that's a great point. Fortunately, I have another of this card in a lightly scratched case. I've never had a card graded before but this one (not in a case anymore) might be a good one to start with.:confused:

Topnotchsy

Aug 7, 2008
1972 Texas Rangers line-up card filled out and signed by manager Ted Williams. I've started a collection of these line-up cards and am pretty excited to pick this one up.

attachment.php

Attachments

• Williams Lineup Card.jpg
    Williams Lineup Card.jpg
    210.7 KB · Views: 144

Topnotchsy

Aug 7, 2008
Really cool line-up card signed by Ted Williams!

Thanks! It's a new collecting focus for me, but I've been looking for line-up cards from managers who are HOF'ers or significant people in baseball history. Also picked up a Trammell recently.

Members online