Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Andruw Jones arrested

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PadresFan86

Nov 11, 2011
California
I thought he couldn't hit anymore? :D

Andruw Jones arrested after domestic dispute - MLB - SI.com

"DULUTH, Ga. (AP) -- Former Atlanta Braves star center fielder Andruw Jones was free on bond after being arrested in suburban Atlanta early Tuesday on a battery charge, according to jail records.
Around 1:30 a.m. Tuesday, police responded to a call for a domestic dispute between Jones and his wife in Duluth.
Gwinnett County Detention Center records say Jones was booked into the jail around 3:45 a.m. and had been released on $2,400 bond by 11 a.m.
A five-time All-Star, Jones broke into the majors with the Atlanta Braves in 1996 and won 10 consecutive Gold Gloves from 1998-07 as their center fielder. He has 434 career home runs over the span of 17 seasons in the majors.
Jones earlier this month signed a $3.5 million, one-year contract with the Tohoku Rakuten Golden Eagles of Japan's Pacific League."

121225202214-andruw-jones-mug-shot-single-image-cut.jpg

Last edited:

AndruwHRJones

Aug 9, 2008
Not sure how beating your wife is supposed to be funny, on Xmas no less? Some of the humor around here is so pathetic. I find the act so pathetic I am seriously considering selling my entire collection.

Saranac

Dec 31, 2009
MA
Yeah, because that's EXACTLY what he said, because wherever you live, "pose" is slang for "chosen method of spousal assault".

um, I believe he is referring to this comment: I thought he couldn't hit anymore? :grin:

matfanofold

Aug 10, 2008
Not sure how beating your wife is supposed to be funny, on Xmas no less? Some of the humor around here is so pathetic. I find the act so pathetic I am seriously considering selling my entire collection.

Some peoples natural inclination is to make light of other wise serious situation. Nothing he said was out of line nor disrespectful of the situation, maybe you need to lighten up a bit?

Back to the topic at hand, yes it is a serious situation and I hope everyone involved is ok!

AndruwHRJones

Aug 9, 2008
Some peoples natural inclination is to make light of other wise serious situation. Nothing he said was out of line nor disrespectful of the situation, maybe you need to lighten up a bit?

Back to the topic at hand, yes it is a serious situation and I hope everyone involved is ok!

Lighten up a bit? Making a joke about him possibly being guilty of beating his wife is supposed to be funny or something we should all just laugh about? Sorry, just don't find it funny at all. But yeah, I guess you are right. People will always be morons and find a way to make humor out of situations like this.

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
More details from ESPN.com:

ATLANTA -- Police say the wife of former Atlanta Braves star outfielder Andruw Jones accused him of dragging her down a staircase, grabbing her neck and saying he wanted to kill her.

Nicole Jones told officers she tried to escape upstairs, but her husband grabbed her by the ankle and dragged her downstairs, got on top of her and said, "I want to kill you," according to the report.

A police report obtained by The Associated Press says the fight happened around 1:30 a.m. Tuesday, after Nicole Jones asked her husband to help her prepare their home for Christmas morning.

Andruw Jones was free on bond after being arrested in Duluth on a battery charge, according to Gwinnett County Jail records. It wasn't known Wednesday whether he has an attorney.

Gwinnett County Detention Center records say Jones was booked into the jail around 3:45 a.m. and had been released on $2,400 bond by 11 a.m.

P_Manning 18

Aug 7, 2008

ATLANTA -- Police say the wife of former Atlanta Braves star outfielder Andruw Jones accused him of dragging her down a staircase, grabbing her neck and saying he wanted to kill her.

Nicole Jones told officers she tried to escape upstairs, but her husband grabbed her by the ankle and dragged her downstairs, got on top of her and said, "I want to kill you," according to the report.

A police report obtained by The Associated Press says the fight happened around 1:30 a.m. Tuesday, after Nicole Jones asked her husband to help her prepare their home for Christmas morning.

Andruw Jones was free on bond after being arrested in Duluth on a battery charge, according to Gwinnett County Jail records. It wasn't known Wednesday whether he has an attorney.

WOW ::facepalm::

Sell Mortimer, Sell!!!!!
images

Krom

Jun 13, 2010
Long Island

Scumbag, if found guilty.

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
I wonder if the allegations will cause the Japanese team he signed with to cancel their contract.
You don't have to be found guilty to have your contract voided, depending on the contract's wording.

Gwynn545

Aug 29, 2008
North Seattle
Oh, the things that Bobby Cox taught his young players goes a lot deeper than just "on the field" lessons...they were "life" lessons! ::facepalm::

PadresFan86

Nov 11, 2011
California
Maybe she didn't want to live in Japan for a year lol

Sent from my HUAWEI-M920 using Sports Cards by Freedom Card Board.com

PadresFan86

Nov 11, 2011
California

Take some midol and lighten up.

People have thicker skin than you and have different senses of humor. Live with it.

Sent from my HUAWEI-M920 using Sports Cards by Freedom Card Board.com

Members online