Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Will Clark Collectors Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

spikes

Jan 2, 2009
I've heard conflicting things and seen at least 3-4 of these. What I've heard is that quite a few game issued ones from that year were made and sold at various outlets... if I remember correctly one was a shop at home tv thing. That's not to say yours falls into this but my experience with the 1990 Giants jersey has been this.

Is there a tag on the inside seam? If so, what does it say?

Nope! No tag on the inside seam. I guess that migth be a clue:(

I think this device used to be called a phone; don't know anymore!

clarkfan

Sep 15, 2009
Thought I'd keep some movement on the thread. Here are two variations of the 04 Timeless Treasures Jersey Auto /22 . The 10/22 is signed in black ink "Will Clark", the 20/22 is signed in blue ink "The Thrill". Anyone else have "The Thrill" version? Or any of these in any variation. Id like to see how many are done with each variation. Post what you got, Ryan

View attachment 11852View attachment 11853

I've seen the regular auto, but haven't seen that particular card with just The Thrill. Clark has done that though on a few other cards I've seen over the years.

How about this auction? Looks like our crazy reputation has rubbed off to some crazy sellers too:

2012 Panini Signature Series Will Clark on Card Auto Numbered 10 25 WOW | eBay

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
Yeah I've got a few other ones w/ some variations over ones I've seen, but think this is the only one w "The Thrill" only.

That auction is more typical now, it's hard to find many "deals". I don't mind fair prices, but it's hard to find.

magicpapa

Aug 7, 2008
Hi,

Got this years ago. Any info will be appreciated. Thanks

View attachment 11764
View attachment 11765
View attachment 11766
View attachment 11767

I think this device used to be called a phone; don't know anymore!
On the contrary.............................. Mine is still a Phone :)
Rotary-0.jpg

Hendersonfan

May 2, 2011
Buckeye Country
Jersey looks legit to me. It may not be game used, but appears to be team issued. The tagging on the inside is a team thing, retail have it on the outside. Nameplate is also a good indicator. If it is a fake, someone went to great lenghts to make it look real.

dd316

Dec 10, 2009
NJ
Yeah I've got a few other ones w/ some variations over ones I've seen, but think this is the only one w "The Thrill" only.

That auction is more typical now, it's hard to find many "deals". I don't mind fair prices, but it's hard to find.
I recall seeing a Playoff Honors auto with just "The Thrill." I have an Absolute Ink auto with a "Miss. State" inscription.

Pretty fun to find these, there aren't too many from sets that aren't specified as inscriptions.

theplasticman

Nov 21, 2008
I recall seeing a Playoff Honors auto with just "The Thrill." I have an Absolute Ink auto with a "Miss. State" inscription.

Pretty fun to find these, there aren't too many from sets that aren't specified as inscriptions.

I've owned and now sold multiple variations of all of those. I think I had half a dozen various cards signed "Thrill" or "The Thrill" in addition to quite a few "Will the Thrill Clark" signed inserts. Not sure how rare they are within each set but I've usually only seen 1-2 of each and tried to buy them up when I saw them. I liked having 1 of every variation of each card.

LWMM

Feb 21, 2009
Topps is selling a 1996 contract with Will Clark on their website for $200 if anyone is interested. $125 more than they paid Clark back in '96!

dd316

Dec 10, 2009
NJ
Last edited:

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
I kind of figured this would happen, but... WHOA!! :(

Will Clark Baseball Card Contract Auto Signed 1 1 Full Name William N Clark Jr | eBay

Shame it didn't just initially go to a Clark collector. I would have gone for it from Topps but I already have his 1987 contract.

Yeah I offered the guy $201 for it ;) Hey I totally understand free market etc, you never know what he can get. I did almost buy it on Topps as I did think the full name was nice. Just couldn't pull the trigger, maybe next time

Ryan

Bondsgloves

Feb 26, 2013
I just Picked up some Unique Clark Items

I'm not sure how to post photo's and would be happy to email them to anyone interested in seeing them [email protected] . I just picked up some 1 of a kind Clark items.

1.) Will Clarks first MLB contract dated April 1986 signed original William Nuschler Clark Jr. One of a kind.

2.)Will Clark's 1989 World Series Home Game Worn Jersey. Others here claim to have the real one, which isn't true. I have a photomatched showing excellent wear, obtained directly from Will Clark. Plus a photo stating take care of my uniform Will Clark. The jersey is tagged properly and can be photomatched to several World Series Photo's.

3.) 1987 Will Clark Game Worn Starter Jacket. Signed Will Clark 1987, 22 in Collar. Comes with a letter from the Giants on Giants letterhead stating that Mike Murphy the equipment manager says it was used by Clark throughout 1987.

4.) Game Used Batting Helmet Signed, the Word "Thrill" on the Back in Gold. Photomatched

5.) Game Used hat with 22 under Bill signed

6.) A baseball signed on the signed panel his rookie year with 86.

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
I posted this in another thread so I figured I'd bump this thread too....
Here is a version of Will Clark I have, not sure if others exist. I think its pretty neat and probably fairly rare..
1986 RC version, came in hard wood box, inside is green felt. "Golden Signature Series" The autograph part is signed in 24kt Gold. This also is a PROOF version. Attached to the inside of the box is a COA that is signed (Not reprints) from G. Roof (President of R&N, and A. Lash (A Notary) and has an embossed seal on it. It is dated 4-10-1990 , and shows his commission ends 12-30-1990. Backside numbering is done in 24kt gold also AP/10,000 . If anyone has others or has any info I'd be interested in more info. Also if anyone has other versions/magnets etc of Clark lmk. Thanks
Ryan
IMG_2799.jpgIMG_2800.jpgIMG_2801.jpgIMG_2802.jpgIMG_2803.jpg

Members online

Latest posts