Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2014 National Treasures Hit Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Zan

Aug 12, 2008
NY, NY
[MENTION=1893]Weatherwarrior[/MENTION] congrats on the sale! didn't think it would get bids at it's starting price but that is a great price for it

Weatherwarrior

Aug 7, 2008
NE Georgia
[MENTION=1893]Weatherwarrior[/MENTION] congrats on the sale! didn't think it would get bids at it's starting price but that is a great price for it

Yeah I almost pulled it but a couple of bidders asked me to let it run and that they were gonna bid at the last second. I'm pretty dang happy about it though. It went from 1500 to 2256 in about two seconds. Nice way to wrap the night up.

A_Pharis

mlbsalltimegreats

Aug 7, 2008
What is funny with something like this is it is a 1/1... but aren't there more than one button on the jersey they got? So is there another button card of his but /3 or /5?

He has 3 1/1 buttons in the entire product. I think the reason we are not seeing more older Hofers with buttons this year is because they exhausted most of their buttons in 2012 NT using the same serial numbering you described /3 or /5. I'm guessing on certain players they are gonna try and spread out the buttons to make them more unique and not completely exhaust their inventory. For guys like Gomez, Harnett, banks, ect, I'm gonna assume they don't have multiple jersey of these guys. So I don't mind that they are numbering some of them 1/1 when we know there are atleast 6 on a whole jersey. It would make less sense with a guy like Albert belle or newer player as I'm sure jerseys are easier to come by of those guys. I place the button and the tag in the same type of uniqueness as you will never see hundreds like a patch or thousands like a jersey made in 1 product. You could also make the argument that the button is more personalized as it probably touched by the player more than any other part of the jersey.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts