Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Anyone complete the 2017 Mega Box Set?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ramunc89

May 20, 2015
Been a long-time lurker on the forum and have really enjoyed seeing how helpful members have been to each other, not like some other forums I've been on that can be downright rude when someone asks a question. Decided to approach the forum members re: 2017 Mega Boxes and building a set. I unfortunately missed out on getting any of the Mega boxes so I have been trying to put together a set by buying off eBay. It seems like you can only find the same cards over and over again. There are about 50 or so that I just can't find anywhere. So, has anyone actually competed a set and how did you do it? Were you able to buy a lot of boxes and get those hard to find cards? I've daily checked eBay, Beckett Marketplace and trade forum and other places and only find the same cards I now have dups of. I did complete the Pipeline set and am short the Judge ROY card (pricey!) If there is anyone out there with the following cards to help me complete my set let me know and I will work out either buying or trading for them. But would also like to know if anyone has completed a set and how you did it.
The cards I need:
#BCP2 Gavin Lux, #BCP5 Mike Soroka, #BCP15 Nick Burdi, #BCP17 Luiz Gohara, #BCP19 Eric Jenkins, #BCP21 Dustin May, #BCP26 Paul DeJong, #BCP29 Aramis Garcia, #BCP31 Shohei Otani(this one is for sale on eBay, just waiting for price to come down),#BCP34 Yeudy Garcia, #BCP35 Dane Dunning, #BCP38 Joe Jimenez, #BCP46 Dakota Chalmers, #BCP48 Tyler Alexander, #BCP49 Phil Bickford, #BCP52 Kohl Stewart, #BCP53 Garrett Whitley, #BCP56 Tetsuto Yamada, #BCP58 Jake Bauers, #BCP60 Austin Voth, #BCP62 Yo****omo Tsutsugo, #BCP64 Matt Thaiss, #BCP75 Ryan Mountcastle, #BCP81 J.D. Davis, #BCP82 Walker Buehler, #BCP86 Brian Mundell, #BCP87 Brian Anderson, #BCP90 Cody Sedlock, #BCP91 D.J. Stewart, #BCP93 Nate Smith, #BCP96 Taylor Ward, #BCP97 Takahiro Norimoto, #BCP98 Tomoyuki Sugano, #BCP102 Alex Kirilloff, #BCP105 Ke'Bryan Hayes, #BCP108 Donnie Dewees, #BCP111 Sam Coonrod, #BCP112 Andrew Suarez, #BCP120 Harold Ramirez, #BCP122 Matt Manning, #BCP123 Josh Morgan, #BCP125 Kyle Lewis, #BCP126 Nick Neidert, #BCP129 Isael Soto, #BCP131 Mark Zagunis, #BCP133 Jaime Schultz,#BCP136 Jorge Bonifacio, #BCP139 Sean Reid-Foley, #BCP144 Travis Demeritte, #BCP146 Francis Martes, #BCP147 Wilkerman Garcia

Thanks for reading my long post and hope to hear from members if you can reply.
Jeff

tribefan26

Jul 7, 2010
The complete set is only 100 cards - the Otani card is the only card on your list that you still need.

Not the card you want to be missing to complete this set.

ramunc89

May 20, 2015
The complete set is only 100 cards - the Otani card is the only card on your list that you still need.

Not the card you want to be missing to complete this set.

Thx for replying tribefan; so how did you find out there is only 100 cards in the set- every checklist (Beckett, Cardboardconnection, etc.) all list the full 150 cards paralleling the base chrome prospects set. Beckett even has card values for every card (don't know how they come up with the values, never thought they were correct or in line with current selling prices. But that's for another discussion I guess!) I would be happy if the Otani is the only card I'm missing as I will eventually be able to get one. Just curious as to why they would only do 100 instead of the 150 full checklist.
Again thanks for taking the time to respond.
Jeff

tribefan26

Jul 7, 2010
Topps has never confirmed the checklist - it is not unusual for them to issue a skip numbered set in the mega boxes.

We assume it is 100 cards because no one has ever seen the others and the fact that we are at a round number of 100 seems reasonable.

Members online