Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2010 Bowman Chrome Superfractor Test Proofs?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

marhjan

Aug 2, 2010
http://www.ebay.com/itm/2010-Bowman...1166072671?pt=US_Baseball&hash=item35d292575f

There are several other players also on Ebay right now. Looks like the seller (with a whopping 5 feedback sigh...) says he cut these from a sheet. The description states they are NOT pack pulled - but I'm still not a fan of these being out there. Any idea how many of these sheets might exist and how easily unscrupulous sellers could take advantage. Or do people actually like these cards? Are they even cards etc?

sigma_chi

Apr 14, 2010
NE Arkansas/SEMO
I bought a Michael Burgess from 2007 Chrome Draft for the novelty of it. When you get them in hand you will notice that they are much, much larger than actual cards. In fact they won't even fit in a standard toploader. No markings on them to designate a 1/1 so I don't believe there will be any confusion

sigma_chi

Apr 14, 2010
NE Arkansas/SEMO
i can scan the burgess next to a regular chrome auto to show you what i'm talking about if you want me to. They're neat cards to have if it's your player.

marhjan

Aug 2, 2010
i can scan the burgess next to a regular chrome auto to show you what i'm talking about if you want me to. They're neat cards to have if it's your player.

If you don't mind - I'd very much appreciate seeing that scan. Is it correct that the Test proofs only exist for the players who had autos in the respective sets then? As long as they are easily identifiable as not being real Supers I can see the novelty of it I suppose.

SINFULONE

Sep 26, 2008
I bought a Michael Burgess from 2007 Chrome Draft for the novelty of it. When you get them in hand you will notice that they are much, much larger than actual cards. In fact they won't even fit in a standard toploader. No markings on them to designate a 1/1 so I don't believe there will be any confusion

How do you store them then?

Pinbreaker

Aug 7, 2008
Laguna Niguel, CA
from his description..

PLEASE NOTE: This is a test proof card and thus does not contain an autograh. The card was never inserted into any Bowman product. The card is printed on the same card stock that was used for the actual pack inserted card. The only real difference is the lack of stamp denoting the 1/1 and the card is not exactly the same dimension of the real card. The card was cut from an uncut sheet used by Topps for quality checks. The card may be slightly (1/8" or less) larger or smaller on each size, although we strived to cut the exact same dimensions as Topps does.​
Please note that this card certainly does not have the same value as the pack inserted card, but it's an affordable way to own a similar card. These are great for in-person autograph collecting!​

hohlernr

Dec 1, 2012
Michigan
For the record, these are my auctions.

I used my secondary ebay account (RogerDorn3b) as I was fearful that someone who does not believe these should be available for public purchase would buy to leave negative feedback. Maybe I'm paranoid, but I did not want to risk ruining my feedback on my normal account (rogerdonr24). So no reason to worry if you're thinking about buying from me.

These sheets were obtained from an auction at Huggins and Scott. There were a couple of similar lots, but I won the following: http://feb14.hugginsandscott.com/cgi-bin/showitem.pl?itemid=65572

Please not that these cards WILL fit in a toploader and were cut to be the same size as a normal card, but there will be some slight variation (hence the note in the description). To the person that stated that these will not from his own experience, those cards were sold from a different seller who did not take the time to individually cut each card to size.

I realize that these cards are not for everyone, but if you don't mind them, they're a great way to obtain an affordable superfractor. Personally, I'm taking the two Kipnis Super proofs to spring training to get signed. I think they'll look awesome!

Also, I do have 2 super proofs (and other color) of all auto subjects in 2007 and 2010 Bowman Chrome available if you're interested. Let me know!

hohlernr

Dec 1, 2012
Michigan
I think not having "no 1/1" would be more misleading. The auto part is in there since they're test proofs of the autograph version.

marhjan

Aug 2, 2010
Thanks for the reply - probably a good call to use the secondary Ebay account just in case lol. My OP was probably a bit alarmist, but I find the history/origin of cards like this interesting - I do worry that in the wrong hands they could cause trouble for uneducated buyers, but given the history shared here (FCB is great for this sort of stuff) most of my concern is alleviated.

Secondarily - do you have the 2007 Draft guys as well? Todd Frazier?

For the record, these are my auctions.

I used my secondary ebay account (RogerDorn3b) as I was fearful that someone who does not believe these should be available for public purchase would buy to leave negative feedback. Maybe I'm paranoid, but I did not want to risk ruining my feedback on my normal account (rogerdonr24). So no reason to worry if you're thinking about buying from me.

These sheets were obtained from an auction at Huggins and Scott. There were a couple of similar lots, but I won the following: http://feb14.hugginsandscott.com/cgi-bin/showitem.pl?itemid=65572

Please not that these cards WILL fit in a toploader and were cut to be the same size as a normal card, but there will be some slight variation (hence the note in the description). To the person that stated that these will not from his own experience, those cards were sold from a different seller who did not take the time to individually cut each card to size.

I realize that these cards are not for everyone, but if you don't mind them, they're a great way to obtain an affordable superfractor. Personally, I'm taking the two Kipnis Super proofs to spring training to get signed. I think they'll look awesome!

Also, I do have 2 super proofs (and other color) of all auto subjects in 2007 and 2010 Bowman Chrome available if you're interested. Let me know!