Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2006 Upper Deck Special FX Blue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LWMM

Feb 21, 2009
Something happened today that is going to blow up our ideas of what the print run on these Blues might be. The owner of my local was showing me a huge box of 2006 F/X base lots he picked up, anywhere from 50-75 of many players. He ALSO had a box with 226 Scott Kazmir Blues and 226 Chris Young Blues. 226 of each. 226! He told me the seller had many other similar lots.

So, what does this mean? It is crystal clear that more than 25 exist of some of the Blues, but there has to be a reason why so many people cannot find their players. Did UD SP or just not make certain cards in the Blue, and make extras of some (for whatever reason)? Did someone get ahold of the Blues before they were packed out? Or perhaps there were some backdoor shenanigans? Something is off in UDLand.

What does this mean? It means you need to tell me the name of the shop ASAP, so I can call it on Monday and offer the guy $40 for a Jonny Gomes blue. That answers your question, right?

I'd love to see a picture of those blues. It's crazy to think that as hard as they can be to find, there are that many of several pictures. It's also quite odd that he had the same number--226--of two players. Makes me wonder if some were backdoored, perhaps as sheets that were later cut up?

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008
And you're sure these were all blues? Did he have base of those 2 specific players as well? Just checking because even In-hand a few of the cards look like they are definitely blues until it's right next to the same card's actual blue parallel. Even if so I think it's safe to say there's no way 226 came out of packs

DeliciousBacon

Apr 23, 2011
Warwick, RI
And you're sure these were all blues? Did he have base of those 2 specific players as well? Just checking because even In-hand a few of the cards look like they are definitely blues until it's right next to the same card's actual blue parallel. Even if so I think it's safe to say there's no way 226 came out of packs

They were definitely all Blues. I leafed through them all to make sure I wasn't crazy. I didn't see all the base lots he had, I only specifically remember a lot of 50+ Ichiros.

Rudzud

Aug 7, 2008
Cherry Valley
Uhh...so I definitely just threw our a couple blues (5??) while going through my collection as they were all non star players and figured they were worthless....UGH

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
This what you're talking about?

10497950_10154323092115082_199221260737006071_o.jpg

SINFULONE

Sep 26, 2008
Dont recall man, and they're long gone in the trash. **** I think there were even two RCs of players who never amounted to anything.

That sucks.They weren't numbered, so anyone could easily throw them away.

corockies

Mar 23, 2013
Colorado
I wanna see some pics of these big lots to see if they are truly blues or not. Kinda seems weird it took this long for something like this to happen from a set that's 8 years old.

SINFULONE

Sep 26, 2008
Something happened today that is going to blow up our ideas of what the print run on these Blues might be. The owner of my local was showing me a huge box of 2006 F/X base lots he picked up, anywhere from 50-75 of many players. He ALSO had a box with 226 Scott Kazmir Blues and 226 Chris Young Blues. 226 of each. 226! He told me the seller had many other similar lots.

So, what does this mean? It is crystal clear that more than 25 exist of some of the Blues, but there has to be a reason why so many people cannot find their players. Did UD SP or just not make certain cards in the Blue, and make extras of some (for whatever reason)? Did someone get ahold of the Blues before they were packed out? Or perhaps there were some backdoor shenanigans? Something is off in UDLand.

What other players did he have?

yuchiro2

Jul 13, 2014
Guess I will add my wantlist to the thread!

Anyone ever see the Salmon? Number664. Just need that and the black plate!

yuchiro2

Jul 13, 2014
I hope he gets what he wants and I'm glad salmon won't go that high...hopefully. Only want it for the rainbow otherwise I might avoid it.

Members online

Latest posts