Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Official 2017 MLB Draft Discussion Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Clearly the Marlins' penchant for HS arms continues. Hope he too doesn't go down to TJ.

tpeichel

Oct 10, 2008
^^ Lewis is likely to be moved to CF.

So they say, not really a vote of confidence in Byron Buxton. If you're going to go with the high schooler, why not take the kid that throws 100+ and rakes instead of the speedy noodle arm?

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
For the second time, Alex Faedo drafted to Detroit. From the 40th round to the 1st

jbone17

Sep 26, 2008
The Riverlands.
I understand the Yankees have a deep system to take a gamble on Clarke, but man...I'm pissed. After losing Kaprielian, I guess the Yankees don't learn

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Be happy, [MENTION=2671]aarne13[/MENTION] - Warmoth is the best pure SS in this class.

death2redemptions

Feb 4, 2016
The Carolina on the Southern side
So they say, not really a vote of confidence in Byron Buxton. If you're going to go with the high schooler, why not take the kid that throws 100+ and rakes instead of the speedy noodle arm?

Buxton is awful, one of the biggest busts since the turn of the century. He's a talented defensive outfielder but not sure if it's enough to carry his brutal offense.

I've never seen a player rated so highly on all 5 categories as a prospect. mlb.com had him with 70+ all across the board so based on how highly touted he was with the 5 tools and how he actually turned out...massive let down.

So I could see the Twins looking for a new CF. At best Buxton has a future as a defensive replacement or pinch runner.

tpeichel

Oct 10, 2008
Buxton is awful, one of the biggest busts since the turn of the century. He's a talented defensive outfielder but not sure if it's enough to carry his brutal offense.

I've never seen a player rated so highly on all 5 categories as a prospect. mlb.com had him with 70+ all across the board so based on how highly touted he was with the 5 tools and how he actually turned out...massive let down.

So I could see the Twins looking for a new CF. At best Buxton has a future as a defensive replacement or pinch runner.

He did have great numbers as a minor leaguer and he's still only 23. Electric in the OF and on base. Not ready to give up on him, not even close.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Cubs taking a page out of the Mets' book - a system in need of pitching, and they too choose a college lefty.

scotty216brs

Apr 15, 2012
MA
Red Sox take Houck. I'm cool with that...not sure if he will stick as a starter or reliever but a mid 90's sinking fastball will play regardless.

In defense of Buxton, that's exactly what they said about Jackie Bradley after the 14' season...still too early to give up on Buxton, but he's got a lot to work on this offseason.

PeteD

Oct 15, 2009
Southern Ont.

I dumped his autos when he 1'st got called up...i bet they'd love to have Hicks back about now.

WCTYSON

Nov 3, 2014
I'm going to say that the Rangers killed it. Happy to see Alex Lange go to a great organization too.

Members online

No members online now.