Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

~~~The Official Anything and Everything YANKEES Thread~~~

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

D-Lite

Nov 10, 2010
SF Peninsula
Awesome stuff, D. I am debating putting together an Allie Reynolds collection. Wouldn't be too difficult as the supply is there and for some reason Big Chief gets absolutely no love in the hobby.

Matsuicollector

Aug 7, 2008
Man, you guys are really making me want to start collecting vintage. I've been thinking about at least collecting Yankee RCs throughout the years but I have so many other collecting focuses right now that it would be tough

Yanks2151

Nov 9, 2013
[MENTION=1995]dano7[/MENTION] [MENTION=5416]D-Lite[/MENTION] [MENTION=1764]Matsuicollector[/MENTION]
Hey guys. We all seem like we have several project going on but I would like to tell you about a project I got involved in before the Internet. If you never saw one there is a 1983 Old Timers Day program that was a giveaway at the stadium. They are easy to get and always available on eBay for a decent price. This program opens up to be a poster. The poster shows a variety of different cards ranging from years of 49 Bowman to '82 Topps cards. They are players who participated in the Yankees Old Timers day in the past. I probably am at 90% complete and most was before the Internet. It is a fairly reachable completion. The only drawback is that a few of the players cards are shown with other teams and the toughest was a Ruth Goudey which I used a reprint for. It is a great side project and you probably can put a dent into it with the cards you already have. Here is a bad picture of it in an eBay auction.
http://m.ebay.com/itm/271440953218?nav=SEARCH

Yanks2151

Nov 9, 2013
Here is a better pic
image-116.jpg

dano7

Aug 7, 2008
Roanoke, VA
@dano7 @D-Lite @Matsuicollector
Hey guys. We all seem like we have several project going on but I would like to tell you about a project I got involved in before the Internet. If you never saw one there is a 1983 Old Timers Day program that was a giveaway at the stadium. They are easy to get and always available on eBay for a decent price. This program opens up to be a poster. The poster shows a variety of different cards ranging from years of 49 Bowman to '82 Topps cards. They are players who participated in the Yankees Old Timers day in the past. I probably am at 90% complete and most was before the Internet. It is a fairly reachable completion. The only drawback is that a few of the players cards are shown with other teams and the toughest was a Ruth Goudey which I used a reprint for. It is a great side project and you probably can put a dent into it with the cards you already have. Here is a bad picture of it in an eBay auction.
http://m.ebay.com/itm/271440953218?nav=SEARCH

Looks like an excellent project idea. I'm not ready to start on that yet, but it is something to remember. I might have to get a program to be ready:)
DANNY

Yanks2151

Nov 9, 2013
Looks like an excellent project idea. I'm not ready to start on that yet, but it is something to remember. I might have to get a program to be ready:)
DANNY
It is a cool project. It got me to dabble with TCMA, Dorman postcards, 1941 Double Play etc.

Yanks2151

Nov 9, 2013
Another one from my error collection. 1998 Ultra Tino Martinez Notables insert and on the reverse, an upside dowm Jeter Top 30 insert. How can this even happen?
TinoMartinez1998UltraJeterback.jpg

One more in for my Diamond Greats set. This makes #14
1979WallingDiamondGreatsAutoBobShawkey.jpg

dano7

Aug 7, 2008
Roanoke, VA
Good Yankee autograph mail today:
Lou Burdette Yankee Signature Series card (PN-LB)

Gosuke Katoh on a 2013 Bowman card, signed in black sharpie, sent to the Charleston RiverDogs on 4/9/14.

Mikeson Oliberto on a 2013 Bowman card, signed in black sharpie, sent to the Charleston RiverDogs on 4/8/14.
DANNY

dano7

Aug 7, 2008
Roanoke, VA
The final 6 1949 Bowman Yankees arrived today:
Frank Shea, Ed Lopat (rc) and Vic Raschi (rc).
Bobby Brown (rc) & Gus Niarhos
Yogi Berra

DANNY

Matsuicollector

Aug 7, 2008
So I picked this auto up recently. This may be stretching my Yankees autograph definition, but seems to be Yankee pinstripes he's wearing. He never actually played for the Indians that 65 season after playing for the Yanks in 64. What do you guys think?

dano7

Aug 7, 2008
Roanoke, VA
So I picked this auto up recently. This may be stretching my Yankees autograph definition, but seems to be Yankee pinstripes he's wearing. He never actually played for the Indians that 65 season after playing for the Yanks in 64. What do you guys think?

A bit of a stretch, only. You can get his 1963 card signed TTM, as he is a great TTM signer.
DANNY

dano7

Aug 7, 2008
Roanoke, VA
1947-66 Exhibit Whitey Ford (pitching) and 1948 Bowman Floyd (Bill) Bevins for my Yankee sets. Arrived yesterday.
DANNY

dano7

Aug 7, 2008
Roanoke, VA
2003 UD Yankees Signature Series:
Ken Singleton
Mike Torrez
Virgil Trucks
Jim Wynn
DANNY

Last edited:

Yanks2151

Nov 9, 2013
I picked up (without even realizing it) a second Sam Jones strip card. I noticed that the two looked a bit different. When I searched Becket I noticed it showed two different strip cards for Jones:
1923 W515-1#43 Sam Jones
1923 W515-2#43 Sam Jones
I am assuming I now have both.
SamJones.jpg

Last edited:

dano7

Aug 7, 2008
Roanoke, VA
I picked up (without even realizing it) a second Sam Jones strip card. I noticed that the two looked a bit different. When I searched Becket I noticed it showed two different strip cards for Jones:
1923 W515-1#43 Sam Jones
1923 W515-2#43 Sam Jones
I am assuming I now have both.
SamJones.jpg

The one on the left is the W515-2 and the one on the right is the W515-1.
Nice additions. I've got three of the four W514's, still needing some guy named Ruth.
DANNY