Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Player Collectors- A new discovery and story

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
Still a few hours to bid... It sounds like it would be one to go after for a single player collector. You can't afford at this point?
I tend to agree with this here... there are some Belle cards which I know if they ever spiked on eBay that I would have to pull up my big boy pants and go after because you're just not going to see them more than once in your life probably. That all said, if you don't have the funds, then just save a picture of it and don't lose sleep over it. I learned a while ago that I'm not going to be able to win EVERY Belle card...

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
Honestly, I'll remove my snipe. You should go for it. As a Justice collector, this is probably not coming around again anytime soon.
Probably never... I usually don't say that but odds are whoever buys this one will have it locked away in a PC black hole.

EtherealSOC

Dec 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Honestly, I'll remove my snipe. You should go for it. As a Justice collector, this is probably not coming around again anytime soon.

Sucks he wouldn't just sell it to you. If it was the guy I collect I would probably go for it anyhow.

I appreciate it guys. I just can't spend that kind of dough on a card right now. I generally stretch the limits of my budget every month as it is, I have a three year old and a mortgage. Not to mention a wife whose patience I test regularly. My plans for selling items has never gone as well as planned, so I have to accept that there are just some items I'm not meant to have. Even after 24 years its a tough lesson to learn whether you're in this hobby or not.

I hope the card sells for five grand. The way I see it, the more high end prices his stuff sells for, and the higher the prices, the more value there is to my extensive collection. So at least there's that.

ASTROBURN

Jun 23, 2011
Santa Cruz, CA
If these cards were never released, and no one has ever seen other players cards except the few shown here, whats stopping people from making their own versions and trying to pass them off as long lost never released cards?

mmier118

Jan 29, 2010
I know I'm a little late to the party but great article thanks for sharing, always fun to learn about new (old) issues and your passion for the card and collecting really comes through.

weight333

May 28, 2013
Milwaukee, WI
Cool to see another one of these to pop up. I agree with Man's Game that you have to come strong with tough ones like this but sometimes the scarcity/price prohibits you from winning. I hope more continue to surface in the future!

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
If these cards were never released, and no one has ever seen other players cards except the few shown here, whats stopping people from making their own versions and trying to pass them off as long lost never released cards?
Good question. With the sales of some sports cards, I have questioned why fake sports cards have not become a much larger problem. Especially with slabbed RCs of the greats, etc. I mean if someone can make fake currency, making a fake Jordan RC or '52 Mantle has to be cake... especially if they make it fake in a slab where you can't touch the card or whatever. Just scary.

NY Tony

Mar 29, 2013
Just to recap
There's 3 cards of this.....?
David Justice
Griffey
Frank Thomas

Anyone have a supposed checklist or know of anybody that has another player?
Maybe we can (FCB) community can string a couple of these up.......

EtherealSOC

Dec 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada

BunchOBull

Dec 12, 2008
Houston, TX
A Ripken exists, but the seller pulled it from the lot I purchased and sold it elsewhere even though I had purchased the Thomas from him. Too bad for him, I'm sure he sold it for less than $100, and it's easily a 4-figure card.

ripkenpin.JPG

Mozzie22

Aug 7, 2008
I love seeing an old thread get new life. If you get the chance to pick up your player from this extremely rare set do your best to make it happen. One of my favorite Ozzie cards.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I577 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Nowhereman317

Nov 15, 2020
Indy
I love seeing an old thread get new life. If you get the chance to pick up your player from this extremely rare set do your best to make it happen. One of my favorite Ozzie cards.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I577 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Since I got most my info from here. I think I cracked the checklist. I was looking at the Team Pinnacle Dufex cards and I noticed if you went back, front, back, front Ozzie would be 9 and Justice 15. Then I noticed Griffey 14, Thomas 6, and all known numbers fit right in the pattern. So speculative checklist:

PPC1 Greg Maddux

PPC2 Mike Mussina

PPC3 Mike Piazza

PPC4 Carlos Delgado

PPC5 Jeff Bagwell

PPC6 Frank Thomas

PPC7 Craig Biggio

PPC8 Roberto Alomar

PPC9 Ozzie Smith

PPC10 Cal Ripken Jr.

PPC11 Matt Williams

PPC12 Travis Fryman

PPC13 Barry Bonds

PPC14 Ken Griffey Jr

PPC15 David Justice

PPC16 Albert Belle

PPC17 Tony Gwynn

PPC18 Kirby Puckett

Last edited:

banjar

Mar 22, 2015
Lafayette, Colorado
I'll bet your right about the checklist. I remember this thread from years ago and it was fun to catch up on it. And, I'm adding PPC8 to my checklist of Robbie Alomar cards I'll never see :)

Since I got most my info from here. I think I cracked the checklist. I was looking at the Team Pinnacle Dufex cards and I noticed if you went back, front, back, front Ozzie would be 9 and Justice 15. Then I noticed Griffey 14, Thomas 6, and all known numbers fit right in the pattern. So speculative checklist:

PPC1 Greg Maddux

PPC2 Mike Mussina

PPC3 Mike Piazza

PPC4 Carlos Delgado

PPC5 Jeff Bagwell

PPC6 Frank Thomas

PPC7 Craig Biggio

PPC8 Roberto Alomar

PPC9 Ozzie Smith

PPC10 Cal Ripken Jr.

PPC11 Matt Williams

PPC12 Travis Fryman