Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

What's wrong with Verlander?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
thankfully nothing wrong with verlander other than inflammation.

From other inflammation cases I'm aware of, it took about a month to return, so Verlander might be back with 2-3 starts to try to help the Tigers make the playoffs. If it barks longer, it may cost Verlander the rest of the season.

sheetskout

Administrator
Aug 10, 2008
Milwaukee, WI
It's been awhile since I've made a Rick Porcello post on FCB...thought I'd give it a rest for a few years especially when he started sucking....but now is as good a time as any to break the silence!

Just noting that Porcello has actually been the second best pitcher behind Scherzer all year. Here's to hoping Sanchez and Verlander are both good to go for the playoffs, but I would still take Scherzer/Price/Porcello over virtually any top three in baseball. You have two aces and a solid #2 type pitching in the #3 spot.

Dude! :) You know I'm with you on Porcello. Just finally sold those two orange chromes. Lost money of course.

I just couldn't include him in there as he hasn't shown the missed-bat stuff of the others. I still think the best of Porcello is yet to come.

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
Dude! :) You know I'm with you on Porcello. Just finally sold those two orange chromes. Lost money of course.

I just couldn't include him in there as he hasn't shown the missed-bat stuff of the others. I still think the best of Porcello is yet to come.

Yeah I definitely understand, I just don't think he'll ever be a huge K guy since he has always been a pitch to contact guy with a high GO/AO ratio. But based on the way he has thrown all year, I would be confident with him on the mound in a game two or three of a playoff series; and there is no way I would have felt that way in years prior.

I've actually had some luck moving a few myself. I sort of collect him anyway so I don't necessarily care if I sell anything or not, but it's been nice to flip around some of the stuff I picked up during his down years for 3-5x what I paid.

Members online

Latest posts