Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Oh Super Sweet 90's Inserts.... #3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

carrsallstars

Sep 16, 2009
Anybody see these?

Ebay seller Dallascardshowroom recently listed some weird 1995 score/sportflix slides. They didn't seem to sell too well the first round, and they appear to be back up again. They are encased slides. They almost look like somebody just scanned a card and made a slide out of it, BUT some of the cards I think were cards that were never produced and do not exist otherwise (Frank Thomas, Greg Maddux, Manny for example.) Also, the Ripken Hall of Gold card is not the exact same as the pack issued Hall of Gold Ripken, as the TM mark on the slide is much larger. I haven't looked at all of them, but that seems to take them away from cheap reproduced novelty to perhaps an actual pre-production step in the card designing process at Score.
Why would they be slides though? Anybody have any thoughts or info on these?

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
It appears at this point we might have sand baggers holding out for a pay day WHEN NEEDED! Like mortgage behind etc. they may have wanted to save for Kids but seeing so many now surface makes me seriously wonder. Because all the personal collectors such as myself won’t take 20x’s over book for our cards but if our house was in foreclosure we may or must. I have got a letter written on how to sell my collection (not complete as it should be), but this 90’s forum is really the best perspective on the hobby of die hard collectors.

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board mobile app
So many of these have surfaced? I really don't understand this point at all. How does someone selling something translate into late mortgage payments?

Ryan
Will Clark / Mike Brown Collector

joey12508

Aug 7, 2008
Winterfell
had to show this off
10Zye0M.jpg

chadgwynn

Jun 13, 2011
So many of these have surfaced? I really don't understand this point at all. How does someone selling something translate into late mortgage payments?

Ryan

Meaning they were saved for value, money, investment like a stock, for maybe your will for your wife, children, when you die. But now life has happened and your broke, now you have to sell
Your cards. Like if you had all 50 Griffey quantum leap. You would never sell but, now you
Do so your not living in a box.

Get it know?

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
Meaning they were saved for value, money, investment like a stock, for maybe your will for your wife, children, when you die. But now life has happened and your broke, now you have to sell
Your cards. Like if you had all 50 Griffey quantum leap. You would never sell but, now you

Get it know?

Do I understand that some people would do that, yes. Do you stating that these people are doing that wo any reason or stating there are "so many" Reds wo any support is like you stating PSA 10 Red Crusade Griffey sell for 2k. Just things getting said wo any merit. Anyway, moving on...

Get it know?

Ryan

WizardofOz1982

Sep 30, 2017
Oklahoma
No one knows for sure but the educated guess is about 25 of the gold with red letters. I believe that a total print run of the gold Stand & Deliver was 225. There's a whole thread on these somewhere.

Scott F

I thought the entire print run was 250 with the first 25 sets being the framed Gold with Red Letters. Either way they are rare.

Matthew J Burrows

Jun 7, 2016
Southeast Alaska
No one knows for sure but the educated guess is about 25 of the gold with red letters. I believe that a total print run of the gold Stand & Deliver was 225. There's a whole thread on these somewhere.

Scott F

Thanks for the info Scott! I recently picked up the gold for a "steal" of $8 which sounds great considering there's not too many floating around. Were the Reds inserted in packs as well?

Members online