Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2013 NFL Draft thoughts...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

deceptikon1978

Apr 7, 2009
Obviously you haven't seen me rip their Picks today.

The players they've taken today aren't that bad, and both are pretty talented, but Dallas has no place taking either guy when they have so many Glaring needs, especially on the OL and at Safety...

And what GOOD picks did I rip? :?
Ansah???

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
I'm liking what the Cardinals have done. Good 1st n 2nd and took a risk with Badger and at 69 it's worth it. With some other LSU guys around him, could keep him in check.

Ryan

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
Ansah, like the Cowboys' players is NOT a good pick because, as a Project, he doesn't fit well in for a team that's pretty close to being a Playoff team. Milliner, who's probably a better overall player and definitely a bigger need for Detroit, would have been a much better pick and most Lions' fans agree with me.

"Ziggy" might be a Top player eventually but the Lions should have used that spot to fill an immediate Need or traded down and taken him later...

deceptikon1978

Apr 7, 2009
Ansah, like the Cowboys' players is NOT a good pick because, as a Project, he doesn't fit well in for a team that's pretty close to being a Playoff team. Milliner, who's probably a better overall player and definitely a bigger need for Detroit, would have been a much better pick and most Lions' fans agree with me.

"Ziggy" might be a Top player eventually but the Lions should have used that spot to fill an immediate Need or traded down and taken him later...
Immediate need? You realize that Detroit lost two starting DEs, right? Ansah is a DE. Plus they got Slay at CB in the second.

deceptikon1978

Apr 7, 2009
You're missing my point dude and kinda even making it for me...
Please enlighten me on what your point is then. You said they should have taken Milliner at CB or traded down and taken Ansah later, right? Ansah wouldn't have been there any later. The got a need at DE and got a hell of a good corner in Slay in the second. This whole thing started when you said they took Ansah WAAAAAAAAAAAY too early. Please tell me what your point is.

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
The point is you don't take a Project at #5 when you're pretty close to being a Playoff team. IF you like him that much, trade down. That's why it's a bad pick. That simple.

Moving on...

Pretty amazing that Barkley, my Favorite QB in this draft has not been picked yet.

deceptikon1978

Apr 7, 2009
The point is you don't take a Project at #5 when you're pretty close to being a Playoff team. IF you like him that much, trade down. That's why it's a bad pick. That simple.

Moving on...

Pretty amazing that Barkley, my Favorite QB in this draft has not been picked yet.
That makes absolutely zero sense. Trade down to take a pick you love who won't be there. I didn't make anything close to that point for you. And Barkley hasn't been picked yet because the only time he has looked good in the past year was on his pro day, with no pads, no pressure, throwing to uncovered receivers.

mstng99tim

Apr 6, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA

Moving on...

Is this the same thought process that the Cowboys use every draft, thus leading them to rarely ever become a playoff team?

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
Is this the same thought process that the Cowboys use every draft, thus leading them to rarely ever become a playoff team?

Either you didn't read my earlier posts or your Reading comprehension is really poor.

IF you notice I compared the Cowboys 2nd and 3rd picks to the same thing the Lions did. They took potentially good players, but as "projects" they had no need for them and ignored bigger needs until after them. They've done this alot since Parcells left and that is what has led to them missing alot of Playoffs. They finally took a Safety late with their 4th pick but both that position and OL should have been addressed.

The Lions let better DEs walk and expect to replace them with a guy who started 6 games in college. Maybe eventually he'll be that guy but not this year. JPP, who he's been equated to, was eased into the role but his team had the Depth at the position to allow that, Detroit doesn't. That's why it's a bad pick.

Oh and BTW, I praised the Steelers' draft at least twice in this thread. They got the best Pass rusher and RB in the entire Draft...

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
Yeah, teams picking at #5 are often on the cusp of being in the playoffs

In today's NFL, they are. The Rams, Vikes and Cards and maybe Eagles could all be on the cusp of the Playoffs next season.

Heck, no one believed me when I said in May 2012 the Colts were a playoff-caliber team. There are alot of teams that are close to being Playoff-caliber this season and just need a piece or two...

mstng99tim

Apr 6, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA
Either you didn't read my earlier posts or your Reading comprehension is really poor.

IF you notice I compared the Cowboys 2nd and 3rd picks to the same thing the Lions did. They took potentially good players, but as "projects" they had no need for them and ignored bigger needs until after them. They've done this alot since Parcells left and that is what has led to them missing alot of Playoffs. They finally took a Safety late with their 4th pick but both that position and OL should have been addressed.

The Lions let better DEs walk and expect to replace them with a guy who started 6 games in college. Maybe eventually he'll be that guy but not this year. JPP, who he's been equated to, was eased into the role but his team had the Depth at the position to allow that, Detroit doesn't. That's why it's a bad pick.

Oh and BTW, I praised the Steelers' draft at least twice in this thread. They got the best Pass rusher and RB in the entire Draft...

I honestly usually never read your posts, because you are usually rambling on about something stupid and you put capital letters in places where they don't belong. The only reason I noticed what you posted was because you and Craig were going back and forth.

deceptikon1978

Apr 7, 2009
I love the Steelers draft. Love it. I know this because I get my knowledge from actually watching football games, not scouring outdated mock drafts on the net.

gt2590, please show me where in May 2012 you said the Colts would be a playoff team, I call BS on that statement.

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
In today's NFL, they are. The Rams, Vikes and Cards and maybe Eagles could all be on the cusp of the Playoffs next season.

Heck, no one believed me when I said in May 2012 the Colts were a playoff-caliber team. There are alot of teams that are close to being Playoff-caliber this season and just need a piece or two...

Needed to clarify 'cuz I meant to say Browns here...

As for the Colts' statement, a quick search didn't show anything but it's here somewhere. All the teams I mentioned were solid on defense and just needed some help on Offense. Heck, the Browns should have gone 3-1 vs. the NFCE last year...

rum151man

Mar 9, 2010
Nor Cal
I'm pissed the raiders finally make a smart move and add an extra pick and set themselves up perfectly to grab star or Floyd and add a pick.

Instead they draft a guy the easily could have grabbed with the 2nd round pick they got from Miami. While its not as bad as a normal raiders draft I still don't like the pick. This kid better be great or mckenzie and Allen won't be around longer.

I think it's a risky pick only cause of his health, as a player i think hes got great talent. but I doubt he would have been there at 42. He was the 2nd best DB on the board & the best cover corner. It was said we were even gunna take him at #3 if we couldn't trade back. Hopefully he pans out, he was cleared by all 32 team doctors and given a clean bill of health so lets just keep are fingers crossed. I still would have rather had Floyd there too. I still think we could have got an extra pick out of the trade too even if it was a 4th or 5th.

Last edited:

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
I don't agree with them, but ALOT of people liked Hayden more than Milliner and he wouldn't have fallen that far.

BTW, did you see the pretty cool article on the "new" Raiders front Office in this past week's SI? Looks like they're turning the corner and some of the "Crazy Al" stories are pretty sad to read...

nappyd

Sep 24, 2012
I love the Steelers draft. Love it. I know this because I get my knowledge from actually watching football games, not scouring outdated mock drafts on the net.

gt2590, please show me where in May 2012 you said the Colts would be a playoff team, I call BS on that statement.

The Steelers just took advantage of idiocy of other teams ahead of them for their first two picks. They did right though. Hopefully bell will work out for them, and Jones could put up huge numbers for them.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Members online