Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Name that Juicer CONTEST!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
Gimme a break. He has never been mentioned by anyone other than speculation. If this was true don't you Jose would have named him?

There has to be suspicion when a 50 year old man is built like a pro wrestler.

There's no way his body was all natural. Especially considering his teammates.

I have wondered for years why he has so many nut huggers.

Hendersonfan

May 2, 2011
Buckeye Country
He takes care of his body. He runs about 5 miles everyday and stays just in shape. He's a veey nice guy if you ever meet him. Totally down to earth and personable. Mays was in great shape and no one talks of him. Some guys just have great genes.

elmalo

Feb 19, 2010
There has to be suspicion when a 50 year old man is built like a pro wrestler.

There's no way his body was all natural. Especially considering his teammates.

I have wondered for years why he has so many nut huggers.
Henderson is built like a sprinter. If I had to pick between Henderson or Yadi being on the juice I would say Yadi. I used to think Henderson was a no doubt juicer but I'm leaning more the other way with him now.

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
I've said it hundreds of times, that I don't care if a player has ever used performance enhancing drugs. It doesn't matter to me. I wouldn't mind if more players were on steroids honestly, it makes for a more exciting game.

Would I be surprised or heart broken if I found out that Yadier Molina or Albert Pujols were/are on some sort of juice? No. I expect it with all of the players. I can't come out and say definitively that any player isn't or hasn't been on something.

But Rickey fans man, they're steadfast that he has never ever been on any sort of PED's. Which is completely laughable to me. He's an obvious candidate in my eyes.

Some of you people must look at life through rose colored shades.

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
He takes care of his body. He runs about 5 miles everyday and stays just in shape. He's a veey nice guy if you ever meet him. Totally down to earth and personable. Mays was in great shape and no one talks of him. Some guys just have great genes.

Willie Mays wasn't vein popping jacked up like Rickey.

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
Remember when David Boston said this...

"People question me because my physique is totally different from everybody else's in the league. What am I supposed to do? I pass every drug test. I eat the right things. I work out hard. And when I sign a big contract, instead of buying a Benz, I move my trainer out here. Some people go to the movies; I like to lift weights and run. All I care about is my body. I take hot and cold contrast baths to flush my system out. I pay five grand to have a doctor test every pill I take. I watch my calorie intake. I take antioxidants. I eat egg whites and cottage cheese, lean steak with asparagus, protein shakes before and after practice, sushi and simple carbs at night like blueberries. I eat six, seven meals a day. Yeah, I'm over 250. But I'll be 240 on opening day. I can lose weight any time I want."

or when Lance Armstrong said this...

"This is my body and I can do whatever I want to it. I can push it, study it. Tweak it. Listen to it. Everyone wants to know what I’m on. What am I on? I’m on my bike busting my ass six hours a day. What are you on?"

elmalo

Feb 19, 2010
Remember when David Boston said this...

"People question me because my physique is totally different from everybody else's in the league. What am I supposed to do? I pass every drug test. I eat the right things. I work out hard. And when I sign a big contract, instead of buying a Benz, I move my trainer out here. Some people go to the movies; I like to lift weights and run. All I care about is my body. I take hot and cold contrast baths to flush my system out. I pay five grand to have a doctor test every pill I take. I watch my calorie intake. I take antioxidants. I eat egg whites and cottage cheese, lean steak with asparagus, protein shakes before and after practice, sushi and simple carbs at night like blueberries. I eat six, seven meals a day. Yeah, I'm over 250. But I'll be 240 on opening day. I can lose weight any time I want."

or when Lance Armstrong said this...

"This is my body and I can do whatever I want to it. I can push it, study it. Tweak it. Listen to it. Everyone wants to know what I’m on. What am I on? I’m on my bike busting my ass six hours a day. What are you on?"
You still need to do all of those things when you are on something. Most of the people that I know who take steroids are also the hardest working people at the gym and the most disciplined when it comes to nutrition.

rickeyfanatic

Aug 15, 2008
MA
Lets take a trip back in the time machine to 1993. * denotes players Canseco played with and their HOF induction years.

1993: Reggie Jackson*
1994: Steve Carlton
1995: Mike Schmidt
1999: Robin Yount, Nolan Ryan*, George Brett
2000: Carlton Fisk
2001: Kirby Puckett
2002: Ozzie Smith
2003: Eddie Murray, Gary Carter,
2004: Paul Molitor, Dennis Eckersley*
2005: Ryne Sandberg, Wade Boggs*
2007: Cal Ripken, Tony Gwynn
2008: Rich Gossage*
2009: Jim Rice, Rickey Henderson*

Canseco has said that he had "no knowledge" of Rickey Henderson having ever used steroids.

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
Lets take a trip back in the time machine to 1993. * denotes players Canseco played with and their HOF induction years.

1993: Reggie Jackson*
1994: Steve Carlton
1995: Mike Schmidt
1999: Robin Yount, Nolan Ryan*, George Brett
2000: Carlton Fisk
2001: Kirby Puckett
2002: Ozzie Smith
2003: Eddie Murray, Gary Carter,
2004: Paul Molitor, Dennis Eckersley*
2005: Ryne Sandberg, Wade Boggs*
2007: Cal Ripken, Tony Gwynn
2008: Rich Gossage*
2009: Jim Rice, Rickey Henderson*

Canseco has said that he had "no knowledge" of Rickey Henderson having ever used steroids.

Two things.

1. Clearly he is covering for Rickey.

2. Obviously it is Ozzie Smith. How else do we explain the backflips?

elmalo

Feb 19, 2010
Two things.

1. Clearly he is covering for Rickey.

2. Obviously it is Ozzie Smith. How else do we explain the backflips?
I always thought Reggie Jackson was using them. He was playing in Oakland in the late 60's right around the time steroids exploded onto the scene over there.

rickeyfanatic

Aug 15, 2008
MA
I've long thought Omar Vizquel used steroids.

Can we ever say for sure a player was clean, no. Can we choose to believe based on presented facts, of course. To this point, fact says Rickey never used. That's where I'm at on it.

Ryan The Orange

Mar 30, 2010
St. Louis
I'm convinced Rickey Henderson and Nolan Ryan juiced. But they have a major advantage given they played before the big busts started happening.

I have a bad feeling Jon Jay will be on the list.

gmarutiak

Jul 23, 2010
Baltimore, MD
I always thought Reggie Jackson was using them. He was playing in Oakland in the late 60's right around the time steroids exploded onto the scene over there.

Wow. I thought I was the only one who suspected Reggie.

When I read the Upper Deck book (I forget the title), it was mentioned that Canseco's gym buddy used to work with Reggie, and got him involved with cards and memorabilia.

As soon as I read that, it was pretty easy to imagine a ped connection.

Peds were never mentioned in the book, but I'm pretty sure it was published before Canseco's books.

elmalo

Feb 19, 2010
Wow. I thought I was the only one who suspected Reggie.

When I read the Upper Deck book (I forget the title), it was mentioned that Canseco's gym buddy used to work with Reggie, and got him involved with cards and memorabilia.

As soon as I read that, it was pretty easy to imagine a ped connection.

Peds were never mentioned in the book, but I'm pretty sure it was published before Canseco's books.
I think he was doing them long before Canseco.

gmsieb

Apr 19, 2011
I think reggie starting using hen he was playing in anaheim, where downing was for sure using. He blew up during his time there and got bigger when he went to oakland after.
Many were yelling steroids at rickey in the late 80's in oakland. Many think he was a user. I dont remember who it was, but when his group was elected, a big name, said, he now knows we have a user in the hof.

Members online

Latest posts