Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

This weeks hot list is live!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cgilmo

Administrator
Aug 6, 2008
Alpharetta, Georgia, United States

This is why I love college football. In one week it can completely reset itself. I feel like I owe Baylor and Stanford something at this point as they cleared the way for Alabama to go to yet another National Championship game if they can beat Auburn and Georgia. Auburn is a dunk, but Georgia will be a major fight. It’s still much better than sitting around thinking Johnny Manzell just ruined your season.

In the NFL we saw one of the most unlikely shoot outs ever as Jacksonville’s Chad Henne (yeah, had to check to make sure that was right too) and Houston’s Matt Schaub combined for 881 yards and 9 touch downs on the day. 509 of those yards went to Andre Johnson and Justin Blackmon. As Justin is the one in 2012 Topps Chrome football, this performance propelled him to the #1 spot on this list.

#1 Justin Blackmon 2012 Topps Chrome Autos
Blackmon had a monster game in a massive shoot out. His 237 yards was second this week only to Andre Johnson who was playing on the other sideline in the same game.

Coming out of college to the Jaguars people who buy NFL rookie cards were shaking their heads. Yes he’s talented but in Jacksonville who is going to throw to him? There was little trust in then quarterback Blaine Gabbert.

This week Chad Henne steps in and makes Blackmon look like a good option for rookie card buyers as he finally has someone to throw to him. His Topps Chrome variation autograph went from $30 to $50, but more impressive is the total volume of Blackmon cards sold overnight vs the volume sold in the past month. Look for a bigger spike once his cards start to dry up.

#2 Von Miller Rookie Autographs
Perhaps this is a market correction as Von Miller has been tearing it up in the NFL since day 1. Perhaps people can’t decide who is better between he and JJ Watt as the values of the two seem to alternate ups and downs from week to week. His contenders auto went from $10 to $20 this week and shouldn’t have much of an issue going past that. $20 isn’t much for an autographed rookie of one of the best defensive players in the game.

Whatever the cause is Von Miller stuff spiked with his 3 sack week and could spike some more if he keeps it up. He’s on pace for gaudy numbers this year and you have to think that some legendary defensive numbers are in store for this guy.

Hot List brought to you by…
#3 2012 Topps Chrome High End Autographs
We see it every year. Product gets busted in mass and prices for singles start out high. The first wave is driven by people who just have to have it now. Once those people buy the prices dip as there are less buyers on the market. Then as the value buys get sucked up in the value wave the amount of singles dries up. Then something happens on a NFL game day that makes people want to buy and the prices go up even more.

Topps Chrome is in that third wave that most good products have as people are going back trying to pick up what they missed when the product released.

#4 2012 Topps Five Star High End Stuff
This has been the post polar product of the year. People love it, or people hate it. There are several threads on FCB expressing love and hate for this product and it’s hefty price tag. Most will point out the negatives first as there is a lot of chipping in this product and some of the cards look suspiciously close to other releases this year.

What can’t be denied is the excitement that this product has delivered. In a marketplace devoid of high end baseball, this has certainly gotten people talking. It has gotten people buying singles as well. The flood of nice autographs has drawn all sorts of buyers out looking to fill holes in personal collections and while the breaker might get kicked in the junk breaking this stuff, the singles buyer will benefit. The high end stuff in this product is really nice… go buy it.

#5 Damian Lillard Leaf Autographs
He’s a natural scorer much like Russell Westbrook who seems to have adapted to the NBA game quicker than most. His ability to distribute the basketball is way ahead of what it should be and people are taking note of his complete game.

His cards are certianly the top of the basketball rookie market right now as these leaf cards command big money. This inscription to the left went for $1000. You can still pick his base leaf on card auto up for a little under $70. You should probably do that if you want one as he does not show signs of slowing up any time soon.

#6 Buster Posey WS Champs Items

The Fall Classic is long over and the champions have been crowned. Now comes the struggle for the championship memorabilia commemorate the event.
Buster Posey 2012 World Series items have seen a considerable spike recently. A OMLB with the right inscription can fetch over $350. That is incredible until you look at his career thus far and compare it to other catchers already in the hall of fame.

This was kind of an odd week. Some things that should have spiked did not. Brad Keselowski won a Sprint Cup and saw very little movement with only 3 press pass cards selling. It’s like Nascar isn’t a big deal in the hobby… see what I did there? TY Hilton was due for a spike with his good stat line and got no love. If he keeps it up, that won’t continue. Doug Martin cards not being absolutely through the roof and up there with Luck and Griffin blows my mind. He is having one of the best running back rookie years ever. $33 for a Topps Chrome on card rookie auto is probably the best deal in sports cards right now.
If we were doing a cold list #1-5 would be the NHL. Not because it’s played on ice, but because this lock out stuff that league seems to be prone to is just ridiculous. They should learn from the NFL and compromise before they damage their sport further. This can’t be good for companies like Upper Deck and Panini America as a big part of their budget comes from the NHL.

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
I like Von Miller making this list but "investing in" or "holding off to sell" ANY defensive player to flip for later is very unwise...

And I think people are hesitant to buy in on Doug Martin 'cuz they didn't know him coming out of college and with the VERY short success of a lot of RBs recently, they're waiting a bit longer to see if he keeps it up...

cgilmo

Administrator
Aug 6, 2008
Alpharetta, Georgia, United States
I like Von Miller making this list but "investing in" or "holding off to sell" ANY defensive player to flip for later is very unwise...

And I think people are hesitant to buy in on Doug Martin 'cuz they didn't know him coming out of college and with the VERY short success of a lot of RBs recently, they're waiting a bit longer to see if he keeps it up...

Pass rushers sell just fine.

Members online

Latest posts