Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Who is the Best Athlete in Baseball?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
If anyone knows anything about former Milwaukee and Philly pitcher Dave Bush, you'd be FLOORED at the workouts this guy would do. His stamina and athletecism may not have transferred fully to the mound, but he would constantly work out harder than any 2 players.

matfanofold

Aug 10, 2008
Dion Sanders was pretty athletic, as well as Bo Jackson, but obviously Mr. Winfield would get my overall vote. I'm not really sure anyone stands out to me these days as a 'best athlete'...

wolters03

Feb 14, 2011
St. Paul, MN
Joe Mauer. Mauer was the 1st overall pick in baseball, turned down a full ride to Florida State to be their quarterback, and told scouts in division 1 basketball to not even bother.

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
Another one that comes to mind is Todd Helton.

He played Quarterback ahead of Peyton Manning at Tennessee, pitched at Tennessee, and has been one of the better Major League Baseball players of the last 15 years.

morgoth

Jul 2, 2010
Andrew McCutchen
Matt Holliday- was a great HS QB

For old schoolers, Dick Groat. He was a stud at Duke playing basketball.
Also Bob Gibson played in the offseason with the Harlem Globtrotters

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
Rickey Henderson was an awesome high school running back who turned down football scholarships to the top colleges. He could have been like Bo Jackson.
And I reckon Willie Mays, Mickey Mantle and Roberto Clemente were pretty darn good athletes.

Kardkollector46

Aug 7, 2008
Connecticut
Simply can't believe no one has mentioned Giancarlo Stanton yet! Could have played 2 sports at USC (football and baseball) and is simply a giant of a man with power speed and just incredible athleticism.

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
Joe Mauer. Mauer was the 1st overall pick in baseball, turned down a full ride to Florida State to be their quarterback, and told scouts in division 1 basketball to not even bother.

Exactly who I was thinking.

Before the day-to-day injuries hit, he was an Un-believable athlete. And still best hitting Catcher in the game, and probably of all-time...

Members online

Latest posts