Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Grrrrr- today's the day- USPS® TO CHANGE RATES ON MAY 31 (June 1)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
Rising prices are always annoying as a consumer, but this is still the best deal on the planet. Put anything 3oz or less into an envelope and send it anywhere in the country for just over $2, and it'll be there within 2-4 days? How is that not an amazing service?

IMO this doesn't really impact the card market much at all except maybe on the small stuff of $5 or less value. Spending an extra 11 cents per transaction certainly adds up over time, but this shouldn't really affect the sale of a $50 card, for example.

fordman

Feb 22, 2013
Ohio
And to paraphrase Brewer Andy, still a helluva deal to send something so cheaply 5,000 miles, from Hawaii to New York.

It's still a helluva bargain to send something across town as well.

I mail stuff all the time to my son 50 miles away vs driving it there. Saves time, money and it only takes 2-3 days.

Fordman

Sell me your Jay Bruce cards!

fordman

Feb 22, 2013
Ohio
If I were the USPS I would stop delivering mail on Saturdays. It would save them a ton of money on gas, labor, brake pads, etc., etc. They have thought about doing this before but unfortunately it didn't get very far. Mail trucks around here look like there pushing 25 or 30 years old. :(

Stop delivery on Saturday would do nothing but clog up the pipeline of mail. Some bulk USPS customers want their bulk mail delivered on Saturday for marketing reasons as well. Stopping Saturday delivery would put thousands of people in the unemployment lines.

Fordman

Sell me your Jay Bruce cards!

MaineMule

Aug 7, 2008
Maine of course......
I think we all agree that the service is a good deal for roughly $2. It is the repeated increases well above inflation that need to be curtailed.

I would think the USPS would be able to greatly reduce their labor force with the huge and rapid influx of on-line postage. I know unions likely play a strong role in keeping jobs and hours.

joey12508

Aug 7, 2008
Winterfell
Hello, another tale about the new rates. I mailed a package first class insured for two hundred dollars. and I cant track it, unless I add another$ 1.05 for tracking.
before the rate increase a insured first class up to $200 came with tracking. But now anything insured for $500 and under you have to pay more for tracking.
So Joe [MENTION=1983]onionring9[/MENTION] the tracking info I sent you wont work. I am going back to the PO and add tracking.

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
Hello, another tale about the new rates. I mailed a package first class insured for two hundred dollars. and I cant track it, unless I add another$ 1.05 for tracking.
before the rate increase a insured first class up to $200 came with tracking. But now anything insured for $500 and under you have to pay more for tracking.
So Joe [MENTION=1983]onionring9[/MENTION] the tracking info I sent you wont work. I am going back to the PO and add tracking.

1) glad you guys got that done , I'm impressed w his Tek status and hope he lands the one he just missed on eBay

2) Kevin , was that at the PO or printing it online , wonder if it differs.

Ryan

joey12508

Aug 7, 2008
Winterfell
1) glad you guys got that done , I'm impressed w his Tek status and hope he lands the one he just missed on eBay

2) Kevin , was that at the PO or printing it online , wonder if it differs.

Ryan

Yes his tek cards are really cool, Ryan that's at the po they changed the insurance forms. The 200 and under insured was a blue and white. Now they just have a black and white form for 500 and under.

joey12508

Aug 7, 2008
Winterfell

To continue with the saga they couldn't add tracking to the package. although they said try later and see if it will track. THEY JUST DONT KNOW because its new.
I was told priority insured you can track. I'm getting a Heineken.

Last edited:

Casebusters

Aug 14, 2008
Viera, Florida
I think if they want to stop a day to "deliver" mail, make it Tuesday!
all I ever get is junk mail anyway..

Most stuff I send out on Saturday, gets there by Monday,
and if I send out on Monday, it gets there by Wednesday or Thursday..

My shipping stays the same..
$3.00 no matter how many auctions up to 14 items, and free shipping if you win 15 or more.

and on a side note about that combining orders, since ebay & paypal are splitting, I hope ebay lets us put more than 40 items into 1 ebay invoice so buyers dont have to pay on multiple invoices and I dont have to pay paypal for the extra transaction fee!

David K.

Aug 26, 2008
Fresno, CA
about the 6 time in 8 years......Best regards, David PS bubble envelopes in 2007....cost was 90 cent....now.....$2.52!!!!

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008
To continue with the saga they couldn't add tracking to the package. although they said try later and see if it will track. THEY JUST DONT KNOW because its new.

I shipped 2 packages Monday and tracking was now free with first class over a certain weight. Not sure exactly what, but each package had about 2 thick jersey cards. Actually cost me less than I usually pay but I'm convinced you will never get the same answer twice from any clerk around here

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
PS bubble envelopes in 2007....cost was 90 cent....now.....$2.52!!!!

and you are paying too much even at 2.52. If you can figure out technology, you can mail a 1 oz bubble with free tracking for 2.04 to U.S. addresses.

mredsox89

Aug 29, 2008
Miami/Boston
I'm now at $2.13 to ship a 4 oz mailer through PP, up from $2.01.

At 250 items sold, I'm looking at like $30 in increases. Nothing too big

joey12508

Aug 7, 2008
Winterfell

I tried checking online today and I can track the package. I don't think the clerks at my PO had all the information on all the changes.

PeteD

Oct 15, 2009
Southern Ont.
It was $1.69 up until Jan. of 2014, went to $1.93 at that time and now $2.04.

Over 20% increase in a year and a half or so. That's a joke...........

I will add that 2 bucks to send something with tracking is still a pretty good deal.

Good that domestic Priority rates stayed the same.

Especially when tracking to the US costs $12 + here in Canada :/

Good thing i live in a border city :)

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
Especially when tracking to the US costs $12 + here in Canada :/

Good thing i live in a border city :)

Curious what it costs to ship with tracking within Canada? Canada address to Canada address. I never understood the large markup for 1st class mailers to Canada. At a max price , it shouldn't be anymore that US price + Canada price

Ryan

PeteD

Oct 15, 2009
Southern Ont.
Curious what it costs to ship with tracking within Canada? Canada address to Canada address. I never understood the large markup for 1st class mailers to Canada. At a max price , it shouldn't be anymore that US price + Canada price

Ryan

Registered is $8 Cdn last time i used it. Xpress Post i think is $12 and up. Used to be cheaper but they put everything in one class and jacked up the price. Add the fact that they don't sort or do any work weekends/holidays, and you have a load of crap service. That doesn't stop them from raising rates every year either. I'm hoping they privatize, but from what i hear they're making money hand over fist so i doubt it.

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
Registered is $8 Cdn last time i used it. Xpress Post i think is $12 and up. Used to be cheaper but they put everything in one class and jacked up the price. Add the fact that they don't sort or do any work weekends/holidays, and you have a load of crap service. That doesn't stop them from raising rates every year either. I'm hoping they privatize, but from what i hear they're making money hand over fist so i doubt it.

Is registered in Canada the same as tracking ? Meaning is there what is equivalent of 1st class w tracking that we use in the US , say to ship a padded mailer from LA to NY ($2ish) in Canada to ship from say Toronto to Calgary. If so what is that cost ?

Ryan

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts