Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

1960s? Black and White postcards w/ Mantle; help please

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

George_Calfas

Aug 22, 2008
Urbana
Hi, I have stumbled across a group of "postcards" that are about the size of standard baseball cards. Anyone have any idea about the year, brand, or value?

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008
"About" the size of standard cards? They really resemble the Jay Publishing photo cards or the team Picture Pack cards from that era but I think those were closer to 5x7 or slightly below. ("Yankees" and not "New York Yankees" suggests late 60's if they are from that mold). Willing to bet Danny knows :)

[MENTION=1995]dano7[/MENTION]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dano7

Aug 7, 2008
Roanoke, VA
I have the Jay set, which are larger. I haven't seen any that are card size. From a game or something like that? Anything on the back?
DANNY

gracecollector

Aug 7, 2008
Lake in the Hills, IL
It's definitely based on the Jay Publishing Pix Packs Mantle:

yankpi23.gif

The same photo was used for many years in a row in mid 50's.

Never seen a small version though. One above is 5"x7".

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
A few companies like Renata Galasso reprinted some of those old photos into baseball card size in the late '70s.
But judging from the old tape marks, those are probably actual '60s vintage photos like the Jay Publishing photos and team packs mentioned.

Maybe Jay Publishming made a limited run in basball card size and those are extremely rare.
Regardless, very cool find.