Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

One of our own in 2017 Ginter

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

phillyfan0417

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Greenfield, Wisconsin, United States
For all of those who have been around a while you'll know this name...even if the last name is hard to say! :)

Sue has been a member for a long time and came with us to the national to conduct interviews and just share her passion for collecting. Since going to work for topps her ability to communicate through sites is limited but we wanted to give her a shout out! She really does love the hobby and talks about it as much as possible! Pretty sure she gets to choose photos for cards as well!

DFXiJVDVoAAbpS1.jpg

AnthonyCorona

Oct 6, 2014
Modesto, CA
Is that in an actual pack? I seen her tweet out pics but I didnt think they were packed out

Bring me your Bickford, Ryan McMahon, Senzatela and Peter Lambert cards

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
Is that in an actual pack? I seen her tweet out pics but I didnt think they were packed out

yes, but I believe Sooz said they were rather limited at 10 copies or something like that packed out.

Buy A&G because you like it, not because you have a good shot at pulling Sooz because the odds aren't good.

AnthonyCorona

Oct 6, 2014
Modesto, CA
I hope I don't come off as a dick, but this is why I've stayed away from Ginter for years. I get that oddball autos are some of the appeal but I watched a friend open a case in 09 10 or 11 (can't remember what year) and we had to google about 70% of the "hits" to see who they were. Sooz is a tremendously great follow on Twitter, definitely passionate about the hobby but I don't see y people want an autograph of any topps employee. Of course, to each their own and collecting is a personal thing as we all know.

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
Yep, Topps master set collectors are crazy and a #/10 A&G autograph will pull ridiculously high prices, even for an unknown like The Soozinator.

Unknown? I think Sooz is the only Topps employee I know of for who a card was made (unless they made employee cards for Eisner or Olbermann).

#/10 will definitely get good prices since Sooz is a employee card one would actually want.

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
Maybe cards of those with storied history with the company, like Woody Gelman or Sy Berger. Other than that, I would feel ripped off if I got something like this UNLESS I could turn around and resell it for a huge profit. I do have a few non-player autographs, more now that I went crazy with 17 Archives and all the parallels, but I try to keep it to people who are a historic part of the game.

I was actually thinking about obtaining some signatures of some of the larger well known dealers before it's too late, but I doubt I would ever act on it. The desire just isn't there for me.
I hope I don't come off as a dick, but this is why I've stayed away from Ginter for years. I get that oddball autos are some of the appeal but I watched a friend open a case in 09 10 or 11 (can't remember what year) and we had to google about 70% of the "hits" to see who they were. Sooz is a tremendously great follow on Twitter, definitely passionate about the hobby but I don't see y people want an autograph of any topps employee. Of course, to each their own and collecting is a personal thing as we all know.

Lancemountain

Apr 11, 2009
Philadelphia
They will probably sell pretty high due to the rarity.

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board mobile app

disagree. Only the first few years of Ginter have the hardcore set guys. The last several years red autos /10 of random no names (not saying that's what she is btw-I love ginter and the wild autos) sell really low. Long gone are the days of many collectors knocking it out for the complete sets. I blame topps (they did this with Heritage too) they simply made too many parallels/inserts/variations of cards to literally make it impossible/too expensive to complete a master set.

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
For all of those who have been around a while you'll know this name...even if the last name is hard to say! :)

Sue has been a member for a long time and came with us to the national to conduct interviews and just share her passion for collecting. Since going to work for topps her ability to communicate through sites is limited but we wanted to give her a shout out! She really does love the hobby and talks about it as much as possible! Pretty sure she gets to choose photos for cards as well!

View attachment 71441

Someone has pulled that exact card over on blowout
http://www.blowoutforums.com/showthread.php?t=1135257

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
Buy A&G because you like it, not because you have a good shot at pulling Sooz because the odds aren't good.

I've bought two blasters of 17 Ginter so far, and I've pulled several lure/fish cards. I dislike, lol. Cards like that I could definitely do without.

I did pull a Judge base though.

And a black border Jackie Robinson mini.

That's all the noteworthy cards I can think of off the top of my head.

Members online