Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Player Collectors- Hit The Books Bookmarks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hawk8

Jul 13, 2013
Louisiana
Oh man, first time to see this thread, the next time I am home I will have to check my Dawsons and start tracking down the variations!

jszczech

Dec 27, 2010
Minnesota
I just picked up what i have been told is a 1991 set for the murphy if anyone is interested. There is nea logo on the back with no year listed. Just looking to make a few bucks back on the price of the set. Let me know, Michael

I might be interested in the puckett. Can you send a pic when you have a chance?

TNP777

Aug 7, 2008
the 209
I've never heard of Butler being in the '91 set. Heck, I didn't even know there was a '91 set. Let me know if he's represented, please.

Gwynn545

Aug 29, 2008
North Seattle
I just picked up what i have been told is a 1991 set for the murphy if anyone is interested. There is nea logo on the back with no year listed. Just looking to make a few bucks back on the price of the set. Let me know, Michael
I'd be interested in the Gwynn. Let me know!

Mozzie22

Aug 7, 2008
I'd be interested in the Ozzie Smith if there is one. Let me know.

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
Lil' bump on an old thread. Anyone else has anything to add? Here is what I think we know...???

Known to exist:

1992 VA, NJ, MN (could be a Twins only set though)

1993 VA, WVA, NJ, PA, KS

1994 VA

Also there are VA ones w/o year listed. Are we assuming those are 1991?

Then the ones with just NEA logo, do multiple years exist? Is so anyone know what years? And how can you tell as I don't think they say the year on the NEA only ones do they?

[MENTION=6581]BBCgalaxee[/MENTION] had made a post that in the August 1992 Beckett it mentioned other states (6 being issues in 1991 but only mentioned VA) and in 1992 besides VA and NJ that we know, also stated Idaho, Iowa, Wyoming and Ohio !
[MENTION=3735]clarkfan[/MENTION], Nolan, in the known to exist category, got anything to add? And possibly any more info?

Thx
Ryan

TNP777

Aug 7, 2008
the 209
Lil' bump on an old thread. Anyone else has anything to add? Here is what I think we know...???

Known to exist:

1993 VA, WVA, NJ, PA, KS

1994 VA

Then the ones with just NEA logo, do multiple years exist? Is so anyone know what years? And how can you tell as I don't think they say the year on the NEA only ones do they?

@BBCgalaxee had made a post that in the August 1992 Beckett it mentioned other states (6 being issues in 1991 but only mentioned VA) and in 1992 besides VA and NJ that we know, also stated Idaho, Iowa, Wyoming and Ohio!
@clarkfan, Nolan, in the known to exist category, got anything to add? And possibly any more info?

Thx
Ryan
Well, crap. Now I need to keep my eyes peeled for even more? Would love to hear confirmation on ID/IA/WY/OH. Hadn't ever heard of a KS variation for 1993, or the possibility of VA "no year"

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
Well, crap. Now I need to keep my eyes peeled for even more? Would love to hear confirmation on ID/IA/WY/OH. Hadn't ever heard of a KS variation for 1993, or the possibility of VA "no year"

Post 5, 2nd pic shows the no year VA, and post 7 was a pic of the 93' Kansas.

And yes that info BBC posted was from Beckett, so take it for what it's worth ;)

Ryan

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
Another question I didn't ask before, does anyone know if/when any of the players changed between sets. I assume there were some between years, but anyone know if within the same year the set changed?

Ryan

tpeichel

Oct 10, 2008

Known to exist:

1993 VA, WVA, NJ, PA, KS

1994 VA

@BBCgalaxee had made a post that in the August 1992 Beckett it mentioned other states (6 being issues in 1991 but only mentioned VA) and in 1992 besides VA and NJ that we know, also stated Idaho, Iowa, Wyoming and Ohio !
@clarkfan, Nolan, in the known to exist category, got anything to add? And possibly any more info?

Thx
Ryan

MN set was 1993 and it was Twins only.

attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• erickson mn.jpg
    erickson mn.jpg
    340 KB · Views: 115
  • hrbek mn.JPG
    hrbek mn.JPG
    817.6 KB · Views: 118
  • winfield mn.JPG
    winfield mn.JPG
    598.9 KB · Views: 117

banjar

Mar 22, 2015
Lafayette, Colorado
Neat. I don't need any of these cards for my collection, but it is fun to read about a 23 year old set that I never knew existed until now. Love what you guys come up with.

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
If anyone is looking for their player in this set, let me know. Prices range, PM me. I am 99% they are 1991 as Tim Belcher as a Dodger and Winfield as an Angel etc would put it at that year vs 92 and beyond and I don't believe they did them in 1990...??? NEA, but not state specific.

ImageUploadedByFreedom Card Board1459402797.667699.jpg

Justice
Sandberg
Larkin
Belcher
Magadan
Bonilla
Clark
McDonald
Winfield
Alomar Jr
Deer
Brett
Sabo
Scott
C Gwynn
Galarraga
Viola
Pena
Guillen
Fielder
Boddicker
Molitor
Sierra
Carter
Mattingly
Dawson
A Davis
Langston
Stewart
Ripken
Butler
Van Slyke
O Smith
T Gwynn
Murphy
Puckett

Hawk8

Jul 13, 2013
Louisiana
If anyone is looking for their player in this set, let me know. Prices range, PM me. I am 99% they are 1991 as Tim Belcher as a Dodger and Winfield as an Angel etc would put it at that year vs 92 and beyond and I don't believe they did them in 1990...??? NEA, but not state specific.

View attachment 61008

Justice
Sandberg
Larkin
Belcher
Magadan
Bonilla
Clark
McDonald
Winfield
Alomar Jr
Deer