Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2013 Leaf Power Showcase Baseball

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bob Loblaw

Aug 21, 2008
Bright House Field
I saw the first draft of the sell sheet:

"Nothing is sexier to collectors and prospectors than the 14-16 year old power hitter. Bulging muscles. Young, firm skin. Beads of sweat collecting on their wispy beginnings of a mustache. They lick their lips in anticipation as the white ball inches closer. Ever closer. It will be there soon my young friend. Oh so soon. I can feel it. Product releases early April 2013, orders due 2/28 (or prior sell out), 12 boxes per case, 12 autographed cards per box."

I think they made a good choice replacing most of that with product details.

I feel ill.

phillyfan0417

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Greenfield, Wisconsin, United States
The sales speak for themselves. People who simply talk a lot about the so-called "danger" in collectors having options are just blowing smoke. Look at National Treasures. It's not even MLB licensed and is already probably a better product than any Topps product released in 2012.

Agreed.

Besides, this is unique's thing, everyone needs to agree less choice is better or they are destroying the hobby.

I dont really love this product but anyone who is talking about "tipping point" with the amount of releases there are today is just blowing smoke.

BowmanChromeAddict

Aug 8, 2008
Downingtown, PA
It's high risk in that most of these kids won't get drafted. And, it's minimal reward as this set has a few things going against it --

1) It's Leaf -- I'm not going to bash the company, but I'm a huge buyer of a player who has a Chrome auto, an Elite auto, and 3 Leaf autos. The 3 leaf autos pale in comparison to the Elite, which pales in comparison to the Chrome. Leaf gets minimal market love.

2) USA, an established "brand", sees it's cards drop drastically once a guy gets drafted. This is an unestablished brand.

Nobody is arguing (not even Brian) that Leaf cards are worth less than a chrome, elite, or sterling, etc. But I would argue that your buy-in price is lower on Leaf and it is viable from the perspective that when that player is in demand, those cards will increase in value as well. As much as I never understood Just and those cards, I get it now. Tons of autos, dirt cheap, average it out, you can make money. Leaf delivers better value than any other brand right now from an ROI perspective. They are winning a fan base because of it.

A_Pharis

The uniforms they are wearing....
18878295_BG1.JPG

Where was his taken? It looks like Bringhurst. There was a regional all-star game that was held here in Alexandria a year or so ago. (Stryker Trahan was in it)

Bob Loblaw

Aug 21, 2008
Bright House Field
BO has these at $90.

That's, at 12 cards per pack, assuming that they're all autographed, more than $7.50 a card.

That's a lot of risk.

Does it strike anyone as a bit expensive for HS kids? FOr $30-40 a set, it may be worth stashing away... but almost $100 a pack after shipping, seems really steep, especially since the licensing comes from the game only and the kids don't get paid...

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
BO has these at $90.

That's, at 12 cards per pack, assuming that they're all autographed, more than $7.50 a card.

That's a lot of risk.

Does it strike anyone as a bit expensive for HS kids? FOr $30-40 a set, it may be worth stashing away... but almost $100 a pack after shipping, seems really steep, especially since the licensing comes from the game only and the kids don't get paid...

For low numbered patch auto's all it would take is 1-2 decent prospects and you should be able to pretty much cover your money. I have no looked at what percentage of guys from there have historically been decent prospects, but the like USA, the fact this should be out long before any other cards means there should be a nice window to sell. (That said, it's way too early for me to be a buyer).

All In Cards

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Lil bump as I can't merge from my phone

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Members online