Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Guys with fcb app problems.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

IUjapander

Jan 28, 2011
Indianapolis
I hate when people use photobucket. It's not FCB app friendly ;)

Seconded. Nothing like wanting to look at a card and then it redirects you to photobucket. Can't hit the back button fast enough and never end up seeing the card
[MENTION=3754]MansGame[/MENTION] I know you had a thread about how to turn that junk off from photobucket. Can you bump that thread?

Also no problems on 6s. But I don't ever post pics from my phone.

metallicalex777

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Seattle, Wa
Seconded. Nothing like wanting to look at a card and then it redirects you to photobucket. Can't hit the back button fast enough and never end up seeing the card
@MansGame I know you had a thread about how to turn that junk off from photobucket. Can you bump that thread?

This is a photobucket issue, not an FCB app issue. I created a thread a long time ago explaining how to make that tweak in Photobucket, but Photobucket changed that ability to "force" their links to point to their direct website. The only way I have been able to work around this is when using the link to add an image you have to manually delete the photobucket tag piece. It is annoying as hell, but the fact that in our current modern day most of us create and respond via phone, not many users know what to do or simply won't do it because it literally is a pain in the arse.

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
@MansGame I know you had a thread about how to turn that junk off from photobucket. Can you bump that thread?

Sure, let me find it.

IUjapander

Jan 28, 2011
Indianapolis
This is a photobucket issue, not an FCB app issue. I created a thread a long time ago explaining how to make that tweak in Photobucket, but Photobucket changed that ability to "force" their links to point to their direct website. The only way I have been able to work around this is when using the link to add an image you have to manually delete the photobucket tag piece. It is annoying as hell, but the fact that in our current modern day most of us create and respond via phone, not many users know what to do or simply won't do it because it literally is a pain in the arse.

You can turn something off that eliminates hot linking full size images. If you embed thumbnails is when you have to delete the url codes.

Look at the iu thread I have thousands of images and none of them leave the app and are hosted on photobucket

metallicalex777

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Seattle, Wa
That is great information and thanks for that. It's certainly much easier from a PC/laptop to post images but how do you do that from a mobile device?

michaelstepper

Jan 15, 2010
southeast Alaska
I'm running the app on a galaxy s5. Its actually the only way i ever check or see this site. Never have had a problem. A few things I'd like changed but no performance problems.

metallicalex777

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Seattle, Wa
I wouldn't use photo bucket if you paid me.

some of us have too many scans for our collection so we are dependent on photobucket. Migrating and rescanning images takes too much time as well. Any who, just wanted to clarify that me and [MENTION=5741]IUjapander[/MENTION] was referring to good ol photobucket :)

ChasHawk

Sep 4, 2008
Belvidere, Illinois
some of us have too many scans for our collection so we are dependent on photobucket. Migrating and rescanning images takes too much time as well. Any who, just wanted to clarify that me and [MENTION=5741]IUjapander[/MENTION] was referring to good ol photobucket :)

As much as photobucket pisses me off, other sites I've tried are an even bigger pain in the ass.

CubsfanP

May 21, 2012
Greenwood, IN
As much as photobucket pisses me off, other sites I've tried are an even bigger pain in the ass.

I think the question people need to be thinking about is the purpose of the pictures. Is it about personal use such as cataloguing or reference? Or do you have the pictures to show off to others? If you use the pictures with the Intent of sharing with this community realize that if you use photobucket a LOT of people won't look at your posts or give a darn about the pictures, because it's too darn inconvenient.

Members online