Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

two different types of topps triple header balls?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mouschi

Featured Contributor, Bridging the Gap, Senior Mem
May 18, 2012
I've heard there are 1991 and 1992 versions ... is this true, or are people just not listing properly? Here is a refresher as to what one looks like:
81XZ-7RkpKL._SX425_.jpg

tpeichel

Oct 10, 2008

gracecollector

Aug 7, 2008
Lake in the Hills, IL
Just one year. I had to figure this out long ago. All the major catalogs list the Cubs ball with Sandberg, George Bell, and Grace, but Grace isn't on it, rather it is Andre Dawson. Plus two of the balls are short printed, Cubs is one of them. I thought maybe there were two years too, but after extensive research determined only one. Wonder if [MENTION=10405]Hawk8[/MENTION] knows about this issue?

Last edited:

mouschi

Featured Contributor, Bridging the Gap, Senior Mem
May 18, 2012
The reason I asked mainly is because a guy I'm buying several cards from ... he had two of them, and I wondered why. I went ahead and asked him.

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
Only one set ever came out that I am aware of. However, player placement variations do exist. I purchased a box worth of Astros to verify this. Your player could be on three different locations on the ball: left panel, right panel, or in the middle. Not sure if this is the case for all teams. However, it was for the Astros.

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
Only one set ever came out that I am aware of. However, player placement variations do exist. I purchased a box worth of Astros to verify this. Your player could be on three different locations on the ball: left panel, right panel, or in the middle. Not sure if this is the case for all teams. However, it was for the Astros.

Cool, thanks for the info. Hadn't known that and am curious about the Giants now.

Ryan

Hawk8

Jul 13, 2013
Louisiana
Just one year. I had to figure this out long ago. All the major catalogs list the Cubs ball with Sandberg, George Bell, and Grace, but Grace isn't on it, rather it is Andre Dawson. Plus two of the balls are short printed, Cubs is one of them. I thought maybe there were two years too, but after extensive research determined only one. Wonder if @Hawk8 knows about this issue?

I do have the Cubs ball and now I will have to be on the look out for more balls to see if there is a placement difference

DaClyde

Jan 17, 2010
Huntsville, AL

Interesting, I was aware of two different variations, but I didn't realize each player could be in any spot on the ball. I've got a few more to pick up!

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
Interesting, I was aware of two different variations, but I didn't realize each player could be in any spot on the ball. I've got a few more to pick up!

It was for Bagwell. So I'm assuming it's that way for the other players(Biggio and Caminitti in my case). I think it would be odd if only one player jumps around to all three spots. I'll have to look through that box later and see where the other guys are on these variations.

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
I'm going to pretend I didn't see this thread. I have 1 ball, that's good enough for me. Unless someone wants to send me any others.

Dude, don't sweat it. They don't pop for Bagwell much anyways. Had I not gotten really lucky to find a box, I'd be in the "I didn't see this thread" crowd.

Members online