Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

PWCC Auctions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mrdallas

Mar 20, 2013
Roseville CA
I understand that many will say that the big sellers will get bigger premiums. OK fine. But this guy for the past year has been getting some ridiculous amounts on every single one of his auctions. For some reason I have a feeling this seller will be in the news in the next few years. Maybe I am completely off base but IMO shenanigans a plenty with this stuff. The second mantle just says authentic and is already at 7,300 with 6 days left. Am I the only one who questions the validity of many these auctions? Just curious on peoples thoughts.

EDIT, I understand the Market for the 52 Mantle has going bonkers the past few years, but it isn't just the Mantle's I am talking about. EVERYTHING this guy sells seems a bit outrageous at close of auction.

http://offer.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewBids&item=141914401840&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2565

http://offer.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewBids&item=401078637708&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2565

Last edited:

DeliciousBacon

Apr 23, 2011
Warwick, RI
There's a few very high bid percentage bidders on these two, which always looks suspicious regardless of the seller. Maybe Probstein rents out his shillers to other high-dollar sellers?

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008
PWCC sells some fine a$z vintage. Top of the line stuff. I believe that's a seller who actually has legitimate return/loyal customers that feel safe spending big bucks on their items

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mrdallas

Mar 20, 2013
Roseville CA
PWCC sells some fine a$z vintage. Top of the line stuff. I believe that's a seller who actually has legitimate return/loyal customers that feel safe spending big bucks on their items

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, I would be a little disappointed if I bought a card through them for 143K Plus and I had to pay $100 bucks for shipping LOL. You would think maybe they could hand deliver that card? Just to be safe :D

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
Well, I would be a little disappointed if I bought a card through them for 143K Plus and I had to pay $100 bucks for shipping LOL. You would think maybe they could hand deliver that card? Just to be safe :D

If its consignment, I wouldn't want to eat the shipping charge as a seller. I get what your saying, but biz is biz.

Ryan

George_Calfas

Aug 22, 2008
Urbana

mrdallas

Mar 20, 2013
Roseville CA
But it has great eye appeal. See this "Authentic" one with a list price of 12K.....and it has a missing corner. I know that PWCC and other get better than average money but I dont see anything fishy......yet
http://www.ebay.com/itm/1952-Topps-311-Mickey-Mantle-PSA-Authentic-F1919-/401076375607?hash=item5d6203d037:g:ZAQAAOSwzgRWy4GT

Help me out though on the PWCC authentic version. That card looks pretty darn good I agree. Then why not just grade it rather than just go for the authentic title? In the description they say it is gd+/VG... IDK enough about grading vintage but it looks better than most I've seen on eBay.

And also look at this PSA 6 Mantle

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1952-Topps-...6&pid=100005&rk=2&rkt=6&sd=191806754993&rt=nc

To me the eye appeal of this 6 is better and more centered than the PSA 7 that PWCC had graded yet the PWCC one got a better grade? Maybe PWCC didn't get it graded so this would be a moot point on this one, but I do feel that their cards in general seem to land better grades from PSA. This also has me on the fence about some of the legitimacy.

George_Calfas

Aug 22, 2008
Urbana
Authentic labels occur for many reasons, most likely some sort of alterations such as trimming. I can't say if it is their card or not but I will hazard a guess that the final price will be ~11-12K

16christensen16

Mar 23, 2015
spencer iowa
Authentic labels occur for many reasons, most likely some sort of alterations such as trimming. I can't say if it is their card or not but I will hazard a guess that the final price will be ~11-12K

You are spot on. Authentic usually means the card is a legit vintage card but it has been trimmed or altered. Some people will pay more. Myself I would rather have a terrible looking 1 then authentic

16christensen16

Mar 23, 2015
spencer iowa
I have also bought from pwcc several times and have had no issues. His costumer service is excellent, and I have never experienced and questionable bidding on my items

linuxabuser

Jan 16, 2011
I'm only 15 minutes away from PWCC in Lake Oswego! I wish I could go browse these in person.

mrdallas

Mar 20, 2013
Roseville CA
This is where I get really confused:

When did a SELLERS own High End? certification command a card to be worth 20% over their own last 4 auctions all ended in the past 30 days? (this auction still has 8 days left)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1975-Topps-...6129928?hash=item51e0ef4c08:g:7e0AAOSwFNZW1La~

If Sellers can start putting their own stickers on graded cards and people are willing to fork out such huge premiums I give up.

Or I guess I should say. Some sellers have figured a way to maximize their profits and I should applaud their ingenuity.

Last edited:

WCTYSON

Nov 3, 2014
If Sellers can start putting their own stickers on graded cards and people are willing to fork out such huge premiums I give up.

Or I guess I should say. Some sellers have figured a way to maximize their profits and I should applaud their ingenuity.

Wait, what? Fools and their money.

deujr61

Mar 8, 2011
Illinois
This is where I get really confused:

When did a SELLERS own High End? certification command a card to be worth 20% over their own last 4 auctions all ended in the past 30 days? (this auction still has 8 days left)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1975-Topps-Robin-Yount-ROOKIE-RC-223-PSA-9-MINT-PWCC-HE-/351666129928?hash=item51e0ef4c08:g:7e0AAOSwFNZW1La~

I think this card speaks for itself. With or without PWCC so called certification it would probably bring a premium.

Looks to have perfect centering front and back, non of the others had that. Plus looks to have 4 sharp corners and nice edges and could possibly get reviewed up to a 10.

cbrandtw

Sep 12, 2008
Daphne, AL

This x 10 million.

It's no secret that all PSA (insert any numerical grade) are not created equal. What PWCC has done is ingenious. They are telling the buyers, "Hey buy this PSA __ because it is so much nicer than this other exact same grade PSA __ of the same card." In vintage cards sellers are always trying to create a buzz around their item by saying key words like "centered" or even "high end" to set them apart from their competition. It's just PWCC has taken it to another level.

To sum it all up, which of the following PSA 4's would you be willing to pay more for (assuming both backs are perfect)?

s-l225.jpg
s-l225.jpg

Latest posts