Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Just bought a lot off Craig's list

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jbmm161

Dec 19, 2010
Ft Worth
Just bought a lot of Craig's list

Very cool that would bring back alot of collecting memories for me going thru all of the 90s cards.

The Jordan's should be worth some nice coin.

phillyfan0417

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Greenfield, Wisconsin, United States
To the OP, Congrats on your find...You can't win with something like your purchase here, either you're going to get killed for :

A- Taking advantage of the seller for getting that price

or

B- Shame on you, you should know it's stolen for that kind of price

or

C-Heaven forbid you offer the seller fair market value for the purchase, because then you are just an idiot for being "Nice"

Or D, you'll get the drama queens who will overreact when a few people give a few words of caution from their previous experiences...

cubfanbudman

Apr 16, 2012
Well I finished going through them last night. 90% of it was football so just a few baseball. No Cansecos or Thomas cards. There is a bunch of the 99 rc class in there. Ill probably just be pulling all the Cubs and Bears cards and selling the rest. I guess the best way is to break it up in player lots. To all who are interested in certain cards or players I will get back to you all on Monday as we are taking the kids to Disney for the weekend.

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
I would just assume these are stolen, and I wouldn't be selling ANY of them, and I'd contact the local authorities to see if anyone has reported cards stolen. Just to cover my own behind.

You're only out $35 if they're stolen, you're doing the right thing, an saving yourself a huge headache if they actually are stolen.

[MENTION=2016]hive17[/MENTION] has been though this before. I'd just cover my butt dude. Just to be safe. Because as soon as that Bonds gets out, the real owner (if they are stolen) is going to find out, and it's going to hit the fan.

cubfanbudman

Apr 16, 2012
Well again to all the people with positive comments thanks. It was very fun to go through all of them.

To all the people thinking they're stolen: I know people sell stolen stuff on Craig's list a lot but there are people out there who honestly don't care about baseball cards or what they're worth. They would just rather get rid of them than deal with the hassle of looking up values and listing them properly. I bought a Jordan rc for 1$ at a garage sale. So am I to assume that it was stolen as well?

Last edited:

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
Well again to all the people with positive comments thanks. It was very fun to go through all of them.

I'm sure it was, we just don't want YOU possibly getting into any trouble. But I digress. If we're not going to let common sense prevail here, then I'm out. You can't just blindly trust random Joe Blow from Craigslist.

cubfanbudman

Apr 16, 2012
If we're not going to let common sense prevail here, then I'm out.

Thank you for coming into my thread and telling me I lack common sense.

high_horse.jpg

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
Clearly, you don't want to entertain the notion that there is somewhat of a possibility that these cards may be stolen.

Pardon me for thinking someone's just so hard up for money that they'd just give away that lot with some of those extremely nice cards (Bonds) in it, for just $35. I clearly must be the idiot here.

I am sorry. I apologize to you. Sincerely.

When the police come knocking on your door, tell them Super Mario says hello.

cubfanbudman

Apr 16, 2012
Clearly, you don't want to entertain the notion that there is somewhat of a possibility that these cards may be stolen.

Pardon me for thinking someone's just so hard up for money that they'd just give away that lot with some of those extremely nice cards (Bonds) in it, for just $35. I clearly must be the idiot here.

I am sorry. I apologize to you. Sincerely.

When the police come knocking on your door, tell them Super Mario says hello.

Not all the cards were in cases. He had boxes upon boxes of 1990 topps and 2007 topps commons. If all the cards were in cases and this guy looked like he needed money to support a drug habit then I may be suspicious. The fact that the guy was British, had a brand new car, and probably a 400,000$ house leads me to believe that he really doesn't care about the cards that are sitting in the corner of his garage collecting dust

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
Not all the cards were in cases. He had boxes upon boxes of 1990 topps and 2007 topps commons. If all the cards were in cases and this guy looked like he needed money to support a drug habit then I may be suspicious. The fact that the guy was British, had a brand new car, and probably a 400,000$ house leads me to believe that he really doesn't care about the cards that are sitting in the corner of his garage collecting dust

One. Who said anything about cases? I didn't.

Two. Jesus effing Christ if I was right beside you right now I would punch you in your freaking face and try to beat some sense into you.

You're just not getting what people are saying. JUST TRY TO DO THE RIGHT THING AND COVER YOUR OWN BACK SIDE!

I was completely and utterly unaware that all British people were trustworthy by the way.

Grrrrrrrrrrr.

cubfanbudman

Apr 16, 2012
So you want to punch me in the face? Well c'mon then. If not then stop attempting to be an Internet tough guy

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
So you want to punch me in the face? Well c'mon then. If not then stop attempting to be an Internet tough guy

The fact that you don't find this suspicious in the least makes me know for a fact that you are a complete moron.

BUT then again, you ARE a Cubs fan. So there you go.

Last edited:

cubfanbudman

Apr 16, 2012
So you're really posting in my sales thread trying to bring it down? Dude what is wrong with you?

jbrown

Nov 28, 2009
KY
Wow this got fun. So Super Mario you are saying that they are stolen just because they are on craigslist? With no other information besides the price and a few pics you came to conclusion that they have to be stolen. So the OP got a good deal on craigslist. Why is it not possible that they aren't stolen? If the OP said the guy looked legit, why not give him the benifiet of the doubt?

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
Wow this got fun. So Super Mario you are saying that they are stolen just because they are on craigslist? With no other information besides the price and a few pics you came to conclusion that they have to be stolen. So the OP got a good deal on craigslist. Why is it not possible that they aren't stolen? If the OP said the guy looked legit, why not give him the benifiet of the doubt?

I am saying they MIGHT be stolen, and if he doesn't realize this, he is a complete moron.

Members online