Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Upper Echelon - Free to a good home, but you must pay it forward - Read Post #1 FIRST

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

alexs64

Jul 28, 2010
Moreno Valley, Ca
I should have said in my original post that I can't scan the card until Friday evening since in still in the stupid oil patch in Wyoming. If I have to forfeit this claim then I completely understand. I'm pretty much letting you guys decide this one since I really really don't want to be that guy (TTM??? :) ) in this thread.

I don't think this is that kind of thread, where it is take and post for the next person to take. I might be mistaken though. Get the scan as soon as you can I am sure it will be fine. Not being upfront about it is where things fell apart last time.

Bill Menard

Aug 26, 2008
Alex is correct, it's not. Multiple cards should be rolling at the same time, back and forth, just like the low end thread operates. Just that given the value of the cards in here being higher, I'm asking you to take responsibility by replacing your take with something of equal or better value, when possible, or contribute more than you take. That's all.

Jackaryman8, you can post the Ripken when you get a chance. Ashburn should feel comfortable sending to you, as you have been an honest guy who has fully participated in the other thread too, so there is no reason to doubt your honesty. I'm sure the Ripken scan is coming when you get a chance and the card will be very nice. If I don't get one in our pack breaks, I might take it! :)

I don't think this is that kind of thread, where it is take and post for the next person to take. I might be mistaken though. Get the scan as soon as you can I am sure it will be fine. Not being upfront about it is where things fell apart last time.

mlbsalltimegreats

Aug 7, 2008
Zach, seems close enough to me, but this would be about the lowest a card should go.

Guys, I put those "rules" up to keep this thread alive long term and not allow people to just freeload off the generosity of others. If you are planning to stick around, and will be offering things up from time to time, it's okay to have some stuff come in at the $15 min, but don't make it a habit of sitting at that mark all the time and pulling down significantly more expensive items. As with the other thread, the concept is to be generous and give to others and if you see something you like in the meantime, snatch it up! We shouldn't have to answer if it's okay to put up such and such a card all the time and there really isn't a lot to keep in mind with the thread. It's really just common sense stuff about courtesy to your fellow collector and having fun!

If your card is no good, you'll hear about it! Given the group of folks who have participated so far, I have no qualms with anything (other than TBTwinsFan's card box idea, which I felt terrible about turning away! Sorry!). You're all great guys and I'm glad to see this is going well so far.

Great Thread guys, and very well said, people shouldnt have to ask if its ok to post something as it should be somewhat common sense if that item is $15 sv or not. If your not sure dont post it. Anyways Ill be posting something to give away in a few day. Great start so far.

rum151man

Mar 9, 2010
Nor Cal
alright I want to try something a lil different this is an awesome jersey for a Royals fan, it has bo Jackson on the front and george brett on the back. its a mitchell & ness cooperstown collection 1989 size 50 which is L-XL
IMG_4780_zps51bde2fd.jpg

IMG_4783_zps3e230c86.jpg

GONE CATDADDYSCARDS

Last edited:

gracecollector

Aug 7, 2008
Lake in the Hills, IL
Here's what I am offering for the Snider custom. Sorry I was late as my scanner lost it's cord. Hope this is a good swap, Bill.

In Gilmo's thread the other day, people had noted that this board is to "modern" and "prospect" heavy. Here is a little fun for some people:

I'll need a cubbies fan for this one:
6530EA7D-9956-4D34-ABFE-522D600D238B-13557-000006D16DAC3940_zps8191e4d7.jpg

Lance, I'd like to claim that if it's still available.

And regardless of availability, I'd like to offer up this

2003 UD SP Authentics
Johnny Bench
Threads of Time Gold Jersey
Serial Numbered #07/10

bench02UDA.jpg

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
I'm going to toss this Matt Adams out here to do some collector a favor. I would assume it's over $15, but the real issue is the patch.

Backstory: I personally pulled this card earlier this year. It's a SICK patch; but maybe too sick. My fear is that if I put it up for auction to move it, I'll get accused of it being a fake patch. In all honesty, if I saw it (the way it buldges out of the window slightly, how impressive it is compared to similarly numbered cards from the release), I would question its veracity. So I want it to go to a real Cardinals fan/collector with no issue/discussion about it being fake. A Cards fan can own it and keep it and never have to worry that they were hustled.

Image44.jpg

rebelpawn

Aug 7, 2008
La Jolla. CA
Still not claiming anything but nobody seemed very interested in the Tejada plate so I'm offering up the Bill Dickey Bat below.

The Tejada is still available if anyone wants it!

bdbat.jpg

alexs64

Jul 28, 2010
Moreno Valley, Ca
I'm going to toss this Matt Adams out here to do some collector a favor. I would assume it's over $15, but the real issue is the patch.

Backstory: I personally pulled this card earlier this year. It's a SICK patch; but maybe too sick. My fear is that if I put it up for auction to move it, I'll get accused of it being a fake patch. In all honesty, if I saw it (the way it buldges out of the window slightly, how impressive it is compared to similarly numbered cards from the release), I would question its veracity. So I want it to go to a real Cardinals fan/collector with no issue/discussion about it being fake. A Cards fan can own it and keep it and never have to worry that they were hustled.

Image44.jpg
[MENTION=2418]George_Calfas[/MENTION]

Bill Menard

Aug 26, 2008
Good God! Some crazy stuff starting to surface. This is what I was hoping! That Cardinals patch is insane! Can't believe it has sat here for more than 30 seconds. A Brett Jersey!! A Dickey bat!! and a Josh Hamilton Auto'd Pick!!! DAMN! My avatar does continue to creep people out though!

Ashburn Alley

Aug 10, 2008
Philadelphia, PA
Upper Echelon --- Free To A Good Home --- Read Post 1 Before You Participate

Good God! Some crazy stuff starting to surface. This is what I was hoping! That Cardinals patch is insane! Can't believe it has sat here for more than 30 seconds. A Brett Jersey!! A Dickey bat!! and a Josh Hamilton Auto'd Pick!!! DAMN! My avatar does continue to creep people out though!

I know. I'm sitting here showing restraint because they are all awesome.

markotsay7

Feb 18, 2011
Well, I'm 5 days away from my 2nd anniversary on here...I don't know how strongly you guys are married to that rule. I have this to offer up:

winfieldboth.jpg

It's the ticket from Eddie Murray's 3000th hit game as well as the ticket from the day before when he got hit #2999. They sit in a box for me, and should probably go to a good home who will appreciate them.

Of course, if I have to wait 5 days to do this, I will.

Musial Collector

Aug 7, 2008

Image44.jpg
[MENTION=2159]Greg Cleveland[/MENTION]

markotsay7

Feb 18, 2011
[MENTION=2016]hive17[/MENTION] - I would love that Adams but I'm not sure if someone has to claim something from me first...

I've got some more rare oddball/non-card stuff to come shortly if people are interested in that

Status
Not open for further replies.