Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

The Thrift Store Thread - Sports Edition

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tradingcardblog

Feb 4, 2014
Picked up a TON of stuff today. Coolest of the bunch was a Mississippi Braves Player Issued Bullpen Jacket issued to #12 .

Last edited:

tonsofcommons

Aug 20, 2008
Iowa
Couple of sports finds lately

IMG_1037[1].JPGIMG_1039[1].JPG

Done much better on the non-sports side. Sold the HD Radio I bought for $2 for $190.

Bought this for $3 and sold it for $75

IMG_1029[1].JPG

PujolsCollector

Jan 17, 2011
St.Louis
I usually spend around 30 minutes a store. I go to about 6 stores plus driving. So around 5 hours. I did it today in 3 hours.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
A crazy day at the store...

Here's what I got:

Nintendo DS Lite (Blue?) w/cord $10 (works great, screen is loose)
SSBB Wii - $3

Here's what I had to leave behind:

Military shirt w/ USMC Patch, POW/MIA Patch, Desert Storm patch
Planet Hollywood Nashville hockey jersey
TimeSplitters 1 (PS2)
Ford vs. Chevy (PS2)
PS2 Memory Card (Blue)

I'd grab them all but I ran out of money. If anyone wants any, let me know because I need to go back and donate some stuff.

tonsofcommons

Aug 20, 2008
Iowa
I hit up my one store once in the morning (around 11) for about 15 minutes and then again at 3 or 4 for about 20 minutes.

If I had more stores around me, I would go to each daily.

oiccup41

Aug 27, 2010
Maine
Went to a couple of out of town stores today

Jakks wrestling ring w/ 6 figures - appears to be complete $5.99
th_photo1_zps653b5cff.jpg

Asante Samuel Youth Jersey $2.99
th_photo42_zps17a56408.jpg

thejackaryman8

Sep 11, 2008
Mesa, Arizona
It sold for $27.99 within an hour of listing

All the others listed & completed were red, this was the only blue one I saw.

Wow. Nice job. If you ever find another, keep me in mind. I keep searching the stores around here (Billings, MT) and I don't find much. I'm pretty jealous of most of you.

ASTROBURN

Jun 23, 2011
Santa Cruz, CA
I cant believe you find the odd stuff like gloves and a puerto rico hat and can flip them so quickly. I have only bought three hats and they are still sitting in my inventory. The Hat thing i just cant grasp...

i picked up a few tshirts yesterday, and a Raiders youth jersey style shirt. Its hard to not pick stuff up, but i dont want to be stuck with much more than what i already have.

regarding player tshirts, do you guys bother getting them if the player no longer plays for that team? Yesterday at goodwill was a Red Sox shirt with Matsuzaka and his number on the back. But he is with the mets now, so i didnt pick it up. Do you guys think i should go get it?

ASTROBURN

Jun 23, 2011
Santa Cruz, CA
For those of you who do this, how much time do you commit to the pursuit?

a couple hours in the mornings during the week. Gives me something to do between the time i drop Alie off at school and when i have to go to work a little after noon. Friday and saturday mornings i try to go to the flea market. Couldnt this week cuz its rainy. So yesterday i hit up 3 stores since i couldnt go wednesday or thursday this week. Bummed about not going to the flea this week. Last week i picked up a jerry rice jersey and flipped it within a day.

Members online

Latest posts