Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Happy 100th to Wrigley Field

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
Two places I alway liked when I worked down there and both are a long home run (or foul ball) away from Wrigley. The first one is Leona's on Sheffield. Sheffield is the street that runs directly behind right field. You take Sheffield south a few blocks and you will come to a great little neighborhood type restaurant that has great pizza, great beefs and a whole lot more.

CRAP! I just looked at they closed this Leona's location....scrap that idea!! Dang I used to love that place when I worked at Wrigley. Oh well.

The other place I reccomend if you are looking for a good pie is Chicago Grinder Company. They are North on Clark Street (the street that the McDonalds is on right outside of Wrigley) and are almost right across the street from where the St. Valentines Day massacre occurred. They make an incredible pizza pot pie which is very much different than your normal Chicago deep dish (see the menu below). This used to be a favorite of many of my friends when they would go to games. Check it out

http://chicagopizzaandovengrinder.com/menu.htm

For some reason this made me smile. I love history.

I will be sure to keep these suggestions in mind. Thank you.

rob167

Aug 7, 2008
Ankeny, Iowa
We ate pizza at D'agostino's last night after the game...was about 4 blocks from Wrigley...pretty good for a small, dive pub...was about $8 for a large, one-topping pizza...I'd definitely go back...

Any great place in Wrigley to get an authentic pie or dog?

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
How's it any different than peeing in a urinal? There's water running through it and even "mints". Man up.

What's funny is when there's a St. Louis game and the hicks from the south think it's a cow waterer and drink out of it.

puppy-not-impressed-1.jpg

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
We ate pizza at D'agostino's last night after the game...was about 4 blocks from Wrigley...pretty good for a small, dive pub...was about $8 for a large, one-topping pizza...I'd definitely go back...

Places like that are exactly what I love.

cubfanbudman

Apr 16, 2012
God I miss living there and being able to go to Wrigley whenever I want. I've been to many stadiums across the country when I worked for Ringling Brothers and nothing compares to Wrigley.

The first time I took my wife to Wrigley she fell in love and was instantly a Cubs fan(it helped that it was against the Cardinals and we clinched the division that day) but it is so much more than just a game. Taking the whole place in while watching a game and thinking of all the history that has all taken place there gives you goosebumps

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

ChasHawk

Sep 4, 2008
Belvidere, Illinois

Dag's is good too.

I believe they are the official pizza supplier for Wrigley now as well.

rob167

Aug 7, 2008
Ankeny, Iowa
I don't know if it was a happy hour special, or if they have specials on game day, but the menu said large pizzas were about $17...we were pleasantly surprised when she brought our bill...

Dag's is good too.

I believe they are the official pizza supplier for Wrigley now as well.

PoseyBuster

Banned
Jul 17, 2013
How's it any different than peeing in a urinal? There's water running through it and even "mints". Man up.

What's funny is when there's a St. Louis game and the hicks from the south think it's a cow waterer and drink out of it.

Well ya know, i couldn't really tell ya there =\

Hahaha! Any time they can, a Chicago native will poke fun at the hick little-brother town down the 55 :p My grandpa grew up and lived in chicago til he was about 40 and he would tell stories aof how the St. Louis Hick Farmers would try ever so hard in those Stanley Cup Finals only to get swept over and over. Oh man good times.

cubfanbudman

Apr 16, 2012
Much more upset they discontinued their long relationship with Old Style. I don't like Bud and now the only other choice is 312, at a premium.

Is that throughout the whole stadium or just the vendors that walk the aisle? I love old style and feel its as much a part of Wrigley as the Ivy

gracecollector

Aug 7, 2008
Lake in the Hills, IL
Is that throughout the whole stadium or just the vendors that walk the aisle? I love old style and feel its as much a part of Wrigley as the Ivy

I do believe, and a Crain's Business article confirms, that you can find Old Style at a few select concourse booths. I didn't see it yesterday, but wasn't really looking for it. Vendors were only selling Bud and 312 - a local Goose Island brand.

cubfanbudman

Apr 16, 2012
I do believe, and a Crain's Business article confirms, that you can find Old Style at a few select concourse booths. I didn't see it yesterday, but wasn't really looking for it. Vendors were only selling Bud and 312 - a local Goose Island brand.

That's a bummer. Not really a fan of either of those beers. I guess I'll have to track down old style on the concourse then when I'm there in August

SINFULONE

Sep 26, 2008
And some Cubs fans will say XXXX off.

They haven't won it all, but the Cubs have fielded some very good teams and have been to the playoffs more than a lot of other teams in my lifetime.

Would Bartman be one of them, or is he still in hibernation?

That's not saying much.Cubs have made the playoffs maybe 5 times the last 3 decades, often losing to teams they should have rolled.

Last edited:

ChasHawk

Sep 4, 2008
Belvidere, Illinois

Thanks for coming into a nice, celebratory thread and being a ******.

Congrats... You win the internetz for today.

[MENTION=1720]cgilmo[/MENTION] - why did this keep happening on the app?

Clearly I was quoting the douchery above me, but it quoted you from a totally different thread.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts