Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Starting LineUps

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jul 22, 2016
I try to find loose Philadelphia players for cheap. I plan on turning them into ornaments for my Christmas tree.
I have done this as well. All you need is the screw in loops to put into the helmet. I made some Titans ornaments that were once keychains by doing just this.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
The figures themselves are so basic that you can't tell them apart sometimes without the name on the back and a team logo. They repeated a handful of common poses across their issues. That probably helped develop a more detailed (and expensive) figure line to follow. I still can't bring myself to open the better figures, but I am one that really only cares about the cards.

My first line ups were 3 Raiders (Allen, Long and one other I forgot, maybe Vann McElroy or Todd Christenson) that I bought new in 1988. I opened them of course, put the cards with my collection and placed the figures on a shelf at the time. I don't think I bought any others until around 1994-95 when they started to become more popular and I started to buy them as collectibles rather than the toys that they were.

Sometimes, all player collectors want are the cards. If you open figures to save space, and do not have a PC-type attachment to that player, sell the card/coin/poster/whatever on eBay.

Greg Cleveland

Aug 9, 2008
Eau Claire, Wisconsin, United States
Besides SLUs and McFarlanes, anyone else remember these from Playmates?

Roy was the only one I bought. Lindros was the one everyone was looking for, Jagr, Kariya, Vanbiesbrouck, and Federov rounded out the series. I imagine they had plans to do more, but never saw them. Limited to 15,000 so you know they are rare!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts