Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Oh Super Sweet 90's Inserts.... #3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
I just looked at completed auctions. This kind of thing boggles my mind. It has to be a set collector or maybe a type collector??? There can really be no other good explanation. 25 copies is rare and it is a popular set/design, but the guy had nothing of a career to speak of. Makes me wonder what a card with a picture of a baseball would sell for if there were one in the same set. A baseball had more impact on the game then Wes Helms did! Makes me feel sorry for the Wes Helms player collectors out there, if there are any.

Wes Helms Crusade/25 $89

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1998-Donrus...1503747378?pt=US_Baseball&hash=item19f6242932

Okay let's break the silence now that all the dudes auctions are over... Who all participated in the god damn feeding frenzy?! Haha

eBay ID: samho_samho

Some freaking just incredible stuff. Must have sold $100k worth of cards. Fun to just go down his completed listings.

For the record I got the Belle Red Crusade ;)

Joey_peapod

Jan 27, 2014
I just looked at completed auctions. This kind of thing boggles my mind. It has to be a set collector or maybe a type collector??? There can really be no other good explanation. 25 copies is rare and it is a popular set/design, but the guy had nothing of a career to speak of. Makes me wonder what a card with a picture of a baseball would sell for if there were one in the same set. A baseball had more impact on the game then Wes Helms did! Makes me feel sorry for the Wes Helms player collectors out there, if there are any.

Wes Helms Crusade/25 $89

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1998-Donruss-Crusade-Red-Wes-Helms-25-/111503747378?pt=US_Baseball&hash=item19f6242932

Lol! There is always the Barry Bonds asterisk card. If I had to guess, a set collector. Many consider the best/ rarest set of the 90s

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008
Possibly type collector. Someone who collects rare parallels of players whose skull makes up 35% or more of their body weight

Last edited:

hairyharold

Mar 20, 2014
I got a red crusade...wish it was Piazza at the price i ended paying for it lol, but this guy might end up in the HOF before Mike.

ASTROBURN

Jun 23, 2011
Santa Cruz, CA
Okay let's break the silence now that all the dudes auctions are over... Who all participated in the god damn feeding frenzy?! Haha

eBay ID: samho_samho

Some freaking just incredible stuff. Must have sold $100k worth of cards. Fun to just go down his completed listings.

For the record I got the Belle Red Crusade ;)

That guy is rollin in sales money, especially if he activated the $200 max final value option from earlier last week.

ASTROBURN

Jun 23, 2011
Santa Cruz, CA
Finally! Almost twenty years in existence and its finally mine!

1995%20Pinnacle%20Artist's%20Proofs%20450.jpg

spcollector

Nov 11, 2009
Anyone have a '96 Ultra Thunderclap Gold Medallion Griffey that they are willing to deal??? Been trying to track one down!

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
Yeah. In our world, Thomas is on our Bagwell cards, not the other way around with Bagwell being on a Thomas card ;)

Well, I agree. But I also know how much you paid so IMO, that means a Bagwell collector was the one who ponied up. Which means on these multiplayer cards...the cards should truly be listed with all players on the card. Kinda scary though considering who's on it. At least it's not Juan Gon or Vizquel or somebody. Those collectors are nutty! Lol.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts