Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Topps Update w/Chrome Update 2 box break

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Greg Cleveland

Aug 9, 2008
Eau Claire, Wisconsin, United States
So these are out now. Seemed to be pretty popular last year, and didn't stay on the shelves for long. With all the attention Kris Bryant (and other Cubs rookies), are getting, this could be a good year for this product. Picked up two at Target.

Out of my base I got a Dexter Fowler variation (cap over heart) and from my total of four Chrome packs, my inserts were these...

and one to keep...

Gold refractors are 1:12, so you'd have to buy six boxes at $14.99 a pop. Glad I actually got one of someone I want to keep!

BTW, all the Chromes have that pebble look to them. Not my favorite way to make Chrome, but Topps did not consult me prior to product release.

Greg Cleveland

Aug 9, 2008
Yes, Retail only, so check your local Wal-Mart and Target. They come with eight 8-card packs of Topps Update, and two packs of Chrome Update. This is the only way to pick up Chrome Update, as it is not sold by the box in hobby stores. They did this last year, and I liked it as a product. The set isn't as big as the update set--no All Star subset, last year's set was under 100 cards--but it has the big rookies and parallels which can be nice for the PC. (like the Buxton for me:) ) last year I pulled two GU--Stanton and Miggy Cabrera--and a Gold refractor of Jose Abreu.

Rabs

Jan 25, 2011
Land O Lakes, FL
Yes, Retail only, so check your local Wal-Mart and Target. They come with eight 8-card packs of Topps Update, and two packs of Chrome Update. This is the only way to pick up Chrome Update, as it is not sold by the box in hobby stores. They did this last year, and I liked it as a product. The set isn't as big as the update set--no All Star subset, last year's set was under 100 cards--but it has the big rookies and parallels which can be nice for the PC. (like the Buxton for me:) ) last year I pulled two GU--Stanton and Miggy Cabrera--and a Gold refractor of Jose Abreu.

Thanks for the info. How many different parallels does Topps Chrome Update have? Does it have all the usual ones that normal Topps Chrome has?

tribefan26

Jul 7, 2010
I'm out of town for a couple of days, but they are $14.99 instead of the Blaster price of $19.99. The box is a little bigger, too.

Also there is a smartphone app from Target called Cartwheel that has a 20% off coupon so you can get them for $12.99. I haven't seen any in stores here (bay area) yet. You have to download the app and enable the discount, but is isn't too bad.

AnthonyCorona

Oct 6, 2014
Modesto, CA
Also there is a smartphone app from Target called Cartwheel that has a 20% off coupon so you can get them for $12.99. I haven't seen any in stores here (bay area) yet. You have to download the app and enable the discount, but is isn't too bad.

Good heads up! Thank you

Greg Cleveland

Aug 9, 2008
Cartwheel will have Topps items here and there. Right now they have Heritage Football (a Target exclusive) and Star Wars cards active. Good time to pick them up!

Chrome Update parallels include Gold 1:12 & Black 1:29. Also has All Star Relics 1:32 and autoed versions 1:559. Rookie Sensations are 1:2.

AnthonyCorona

Oct 6, 2014
Modesto, CA
Cartwheel will have Topps items here and there. Right now they have Heritage Football (a Target exclusive) and Star Wars cards active. Good time to pick them up!

Chrome Update parallels include Gold 1:12 & Black 1:29. Also has All Star Relics 1:32 and autoed versions 1:559. Rookie Sensations are 1:2.

I already downloaded the app, just waiting for the wife to get off work and head to target!