Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Cards "missing" from a player's career

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Skippy100

Sep 21, 2015
Pujols Has A 2001 Bowman Heritage Promo

s-l1600.jpg

Thanks for the info on this card. I never knew there was a 2001 Bowman Heritage Promo Pujols card. I've had the regular issue 2001 Bowman Heritage Pujols RC for years and never knew about this other one.

chris19978

Aug 30, 2011
Everything 1993 fleer without Jeter
Everything 1993 Donruss without Jeter

Sent from my HTCONE using Freedom Card Board mobile app

I was going to say this a 1993 Ultra Jeter would have been a sick looking card. I own the 2001 Auto because I always thought 193 was one of the best looking base sets ever made.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Freedom Card Board mobile app

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
2001 Topps Heritage came out before the season, like January or February, and Pujols wasn't even a really big prospect, IIRC, so I'm not surprised he wasn't in the set. And I imagine production lead time was pretty long, with all the on-card autos and game/war-used materials and whatnot, so I'm not surprised Ichiro wasn't in it, either. But between the phenomenon he caused, and Ichiromania, and how red-hot the set turned out to be, I was kind of disappointed they didn't make an update set that year. A High Number series would have been true to the original, even though the base set was 407 cards. Maybe they could've put out only 1-310 at first and saved the high numbers till later. Anyway....

Bob Lemke

Jul 30, 2014
Indianapolis native, Dennis Musgraves, played a few game in 1965 for the Mets before hurting his arm. This was pre-Tommy John surgery days. He never got a RC. Bob Lemke, @aupt, made a few Musgraves customs.

I've done more than 400 customs, including many mentioned here, but have never done any Musgraves.

Members online