Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

~~~~~~~~~Tuesday Morning Thread~~~~~~~~~~

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

olerud363

Jun 14, 2010
Ontario, Canada
Im surfing the net looking for a manufacture date on this card and found something intriguing
hawk8-albums-andre-dawson-picture21064-003.jpg

http://www.jeremyscheuch.com/large-single-view/gallery/1329661-22-/Digital Art.html

I have this Olerud playing card which looks like it's maybe from the same product but a different year.
url]

The product name is 2005 Hero Decks playing cards. Hope this gives you a useful lead.

- Rodrick

clarkzac

Oct 31, 2010
Good morning guys. I did not want to wake up this morning. I thought Mondays were bad, but Tuesdays are even worse for starting the week for me class-wise

BenG76

May 15, 2013
Fancy Gap, VA
Good morning all. Last night was a rough night. I was sick with a stomach bug or something. Spent most of the night with my stomach upset and in the bathroom. I haven't eaten popcorn in quite a while and had some last night I wonder if this may be the cause of the problem but I am not sure. Finally feeling a bit better. I had to take off work today so hopefully I can catch some sleep in a bit. My wife ran to the store to get me some medicine this morning before she headed to work.

gracecollector

Aug 7, 2008
Lake in the Hills, IL
Tuesday morning / Never looked so good / I'm already in / In a daydream
[MENTION=10405]Hawk8[/MENTION] - your Dawson all-star card has the same Big Star back as one of my 1989 Broder Grace cards, but the fronts don't look anything alike, so maybe not same year. The Heroes Deck is fun, I have a full Cubs deck. Grace only rated a 3 :(

05HERODECKS3S.jpg

Brian Kong emailed me this morning and said my commissioned National sketch card is done. Can't wait to see it.

Hawk8

Jul 13, 2013
Louisiana
Good morning all. Last night was a rough night. I was sick with a stomach bug or something. Spent most of the night with my stomach upset and in the bathroom. I haven't eaten popcorn in quite a while and had some last night I wonder if this may be the cause of the problem but I am not sure. Finally feeling a bit better. I had to take off work today so hopefully I can catch some sleep in a bit. My wife ran to the store to get me some medicine this morning before she headed to work.

Hope you get to feeling better!

Hawk8

Jul 13, 2013
Louisiana
Tuesday morning / Never looked so good / I'm already in / In a daydream

@Hawk8 - your Dawson all-star card has the same Big Star back as one of my 1989 Broder Grace cards, but the fronts don't look anything alike, so maybe not same year. The Heroes Deck is fun, I have a full Cubs deck. Grace only rated a 3 :(

05HERODECKS3S.jpg

Brian Kong emailed me this morning and said my commissioned National sketch card is done. Can't wait to see it.

I checked my 89 Borders cards and none have a big star on the back, but with the previous information from [MENTION=8688]U L Washington Rookie[/MENTION] I looked up Eric Davis All-Star appearances and he did indeed only make two appearances, one in 87 and one in 89. So combining that information with your information I was thinking it was an 89 card but then I looked up Daryl Strawberry's All-Star information and he did not appear in the All-Star game in 89, but did in 87. I did not think borders exploded until 88 so I checked my Dawsons and I do have a Border looking Dawson in 87 that has Indiana Blue Sox Inc on the back.

I can not believe that Grace was only a 3. After [MENTION=4705]olerud363[/MENTION] told me what that set was I looked it up and they have their own website and are sold in team sets. Probably going to pick one up for my son.

olerud363

Jun 14, 2010
Ontario, Canada
I didn't realize the Hero Decks cards' face value corresponded to a ranking of the player. Or does it? I was checking out the website [MENTION=10405]Hawk8[/MENTION] mentioned and the Yankee set has Mantle as King of Diamonds, which makes sense. Jeter a 6, Berra a 2, and Joltin' Joe an 8 don't seem right.

- Rodrick

gracecollector

Aug 7, 2008
Lake in the Hills, IL
I didn't realize the Hero Decks cards' face value corresponded to a ranking of the player. Or does it? I was checking out the website [MENTION=10405]Hawk8[/MENTION] mentioned and the Yankee set has Mantle as King of Diamonds, which makes sense. Jeter a 6, Berra a 2, and Joltin' Joe an 8 don't seem right.

- Rodrick

No, it was more of a joke. I don't think the number assignments mean anything.

clarkzac

Oct 31, 2010
Two classes done for the day, one more to go. My government class almost puts me to sleep though

gracecollector

Aug 7, 2008
Lake in the Hills, IL
So here's my 1/1 sketch card from the National. Brian Kong rocks! Very happy with how it turned out. Brian did 100 custom sketches for this year's national. 75 he did in advance of the show, and 25 he took as commissions at the show. [MENTION=4937]alexs64[/MENTION] got one too, looking forward to seeing his Ethier!

13KONGCUSTOMNSCC.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts