Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

COMC Lost Shipment

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ozzy

Aug 9, 2008
I took advantage of the COMC Black Friday shipping special and it looks like the cards were lost in the mail. I contacted COMC and they just said go talk to the post office. I know as a seller on EBay if my package does not arrive to the hands of the buyer, I as the seller am responsible. Am I just SOL? Has any other COMC users experienced this customer service? Thanks

Last edited:

ozzy

Aug 9, 2008
December 2, 2014 , 7:35 am
Departed USPS Facility
SEATTLE, WA 98168

I'm in Virginia.

CollectorsCorner

Super Moderator
Feb 13, 2009
Definitely slow/stuck somewhere but I don't know if I would say it is lost quite yet. I don't know why they are telling you to check your post office when it hasn't left Washington yet.

Swipe79

Nov 28, 2014
Yeah, the holiday shipping causes some serious slow downs. I have a trio of boxes I ordered that are on their 6th day since acceptance after being shipped Priority (supposed to be 2-3 day delivery).

Hawk8

Jul 13, 2013
Louisiana
I ordered a COMC shipment on December 1st and just got it on the 13th. I wouldn't worry yet.

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
I know as a seller on EBay if my package does not arrive to the hands of the buyer, I as the seller am responsible. Am I just SOL? Has any other COMC users experienced this customer service? Thanks

This is COMC, not ebay. They are free to set whatever policy they want to set about lost shipments and if you don't like their terms/conditions of sale, you can choose not to do business with them if you like.

I wouldn't sweat things yet - I ordered my COMC cards in the first few hours of their black friday free shipping promotion, got quick packing and shipping email notices, and didn't receive my package until around the 10th. I forgot to look up the tracking number to see if they were slow on shipping it after the email was sent or if it was stuck in the USPS system a lot longer than normal.

pudge27t

Aug 6, 2011
Kansas
This is COMC, not ebay. They are free to set whatever policy they want to set about lost shipments and if you don't like their terms/conditions of sale, you can choose not to do business with them if you like.

Dang this sounds like a Comc rep response to me. lol

GL though.

Moe@COMC

Jul 12, 2013
Redmond, WA
I took advantage of the COMC Black Friday shipping special and it looks like the cards were lost in the mail. I contacted COMC and they just said go talk to the post office. I know as a seller on EBay if my package does not arrive to the hands of the buyer, I as the seller am responsible. Am I just SOL? Has any other COMC users experienced this customer service? Thanks

Let me respond to this - once the package leaves our warehouse, it is (physically and figuratively) out of our hands. We have no control over what the USPS does with it. And, it's been our experience that the individual customer gets a better response from the USPS than we do - they know we don't have the resources to follow up on every request, so they let things slide. However, an individual customer like you has a better chance of getting results from them - that's why we make the suggestion.

If the order ends up disappearing or being lost, all you need to do is let us know and we'll process a refund for you. It's not that hard, and there's no reason to get defensive about it. When we say we're the safe and easy way to buy and sell cards online, we stand by that - it's not just something we put on the website, it's what Tim (and everyone who works for him) lives by, everyday.

ozzy

Aug 9, 2008
Let me respond to this - once the package leaves our warehouse, it is (physically and figuratively) out of our hands. We have no control over what the USPS does with it. And, it's been our experience that the individual customer gets a better response from the USPS than we do - they know we don't have the resources to follow up on every request, so they let things slide. However, an individual customer like you has a better chance of getting results from them - that's why we make the suggestion.

If the order ends up disappearing or being lost, all you need to do is let us know and we'll process a refund for you. It's not that hard, and there's no reason to get defensive about it. When we say we're the safe and easy way to buy and sell cards online, we stand by that - it's not just something we put on the website, it's what Tim (and everyone who works for him) lives by, everyday.

Thanks for your response. The tracking number COMC provided states an estimated delivery date of December 4. How long should I wait before considering it lost? Thanks for your help.

tonsofcommons

Aug 20, 2008
Iowa
come to think of it, I haven't received any of my shipments either....

Edit... mine was delayed due to incorrect address on file and forwarding to my new address

Last edited:

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
Thanks for your response. The tracking number COMC provided states an estimated delivery date of December 4. How long should I wait before considering it lost? Thanks for your help.

What does the tracking number in the USPS system say? If it has an "acceptance" entry, the package is in the USPS system. If it doesn't, it either wasn't scanned initially by the USPS when COMC shipped it or the USPS is waiting on the package and the tracking number was generated only because COMC informed the USPS to expect a package.

Moe@COMC

Jul 12, 2013
Redmond, WA

Generally speaking, we wait about 6 weeks before we consider something lost - but, send me your info at [email protected], and I'll take a look. Thanks.

Members online