Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

The "Red Ink Collection" UPDATED!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PujolsCollector

Jan 17, 2011
St.Louis
Winter Warm Up in my honest opinion is worth the drive. You get the chance to meet most of the Cardinals (for a price of course). There is also a memorabilia show that pretty much specializes in Cardinals stuff. I mean there are a lot of stands with good stuff. Most though have a lot of quality Cardinals stuff. Worth the drive.

nevermore

Aug 7, 2008
New York
Love the contrast with the Red Ink, great idea for a Cardinals collection. Congrats on getting the latest Carpenter.

I too am huge fan of the B&W, for that reason, I recently picked up this magazine to get framed and possibly signed. Looks a lot classier than his SI covers and is a lot rarer to find from what it seems. Debating on which ink color to use if I get it signed.
http://www.thecitrusreport.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/04cover-sfSpan.jpg

joey12508

Aug 7, 2008
Winterfell
Love the contrast with the Red Ink, great idea for a Cardinals collection. Congrats on getting the latest Carpenter.

I too am huge fan of the B&W, for that reason, I recently picked up this magazine to get framed and possibly signed. Looks a lot classier than his SI covers and is a lot rarer to find from what it seems. Debating on which ink color to use if I get it signed.
http://www.thecitrusreport.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/04cover-sfSpan.jpg

Great picture, silver sharpie would really pop on the BW

Mozzie22

Aug 7, 2008
The "Red Ink Collection" UPDATE

My newest addition. Most Cardinals fans have a special place in their hearts for "The White Rat." I had the hardest time finding a photo I liked but finally found this one.

Whitey Herzog 11X14

74e9f7ce-88b7-4b92-924e-d3432adb1b61_zpse3bf36f8.jpg

(best photo I could get with my phone)

Mozzie22

Aug 7, 2008
My newest additions are my new favorites. My 11 year old daughter, Alaina, went with me in March to the show in Chicago and she had a great time. She was full of questions that reminded me how great this hobby is and she's already looking forward to the next show! Both Ozzie and Gibson were absolutely unreal. They were incredibly friendly and Bob Gibson actually insisted on having his picture taken with her once he noticed her camera hanging from her neck. The latest 11x16's:

ozScanStation-2014-05-03-02-34-02-PM_zpsbaf9f968.jpg
bobScanStation-2014-05-03-02-31-14-PM_zps3f9cb025.jpg

Last edited:

Mozzie22

Aug 7, 2008
Found a Lou Brock photo I had to get signed. Normally I don't get more than one but liked this better than the Brock I had. Lou Brock is one of the nicest players I've ever met. (sorry about the glare- too big to scan at home)

20150802_170709_zpsrzrcjznx.jpg

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
Found a Lou Brock photo I had to get signed. Normally I don't get more than one but liked this better than the Brock I had. Lou Brock is one of the nicest players I've ever met. (sorry about the glare- too big to scan at home)

20150802_170709_zpsrzrcjznx.jpg

That looks very nice

Ryan

Aug 7, 2008
Tampa, FL
Something that popped in my head while thinking about this collection the other day- What steps are you taking to prevent the red ink from fading on the photos over the years. Would love to start a Red Ink collection but worried about the dreaded fading long term.

Thanks,
Jeff

Mark70Z

Mar 26, 2011
Years ago I decided that I wanted more than just an autographed ball of Stan Musial. I found a photo and had it signed in person at a show. I was so glad I had this b/w photo signed in red and over the years looking at it I decided I was going to try to get more Cardinals in b/w signed in red.

All photos are 11x14 and I'm calling it the "Red Ink Collection."

newcamera800-1.jpg

You have a terrific idea for B&W pictures signed in red. I've always like the red ink autographs; the red just pops. Also, the framing looks great on "The Man" and would look very cool if the other pictures displayed were in the same format. Once displayed pictures of the room would be awesome...

Mozzie22

Aug 7, 2008
Something that popped in my head while thinking about this collection the other day- What steps are you taking to prevent the red ink from fading on the photos over the years. Would love to start a Red Ink collection but worried about the dreaded fading long term.

Thanks,
Jeff

Jeff,

Because these are signed on photos and not balls, bases, bats etc... I don't believe there will be much fading. The ones that are framed are under UV glass to prevent fading and the photos that aren't framed yet are out of direct sunlight. FYI, the photos with matte finish look better than glossy in my opinion.

Mozzie22

Aug 7, 2008
You have a terrific idea for B&W pictures signed in red. I've always like the red ink autographs; the red just pops. Also, the framing looks great on "The Man" and would look very cool if the other pictures displayed were in the same format. Once displayed pictures of the room would be awesome...

I appreciate the comments. The red just pops in person. I hope some day to get all of them framed identically to the Musial. When I do I'll take pictures.

Members online