Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Got to see Steve Carlton

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bongo870

Sep 30, 2009
Marlton NJ
Last year I had him sign a hat this year a pic. next year i will do the ball
stevecarltonauto139_zpsdc4daf4b.jpg

stevecarltonauto141best_zps4d4f91ad.jpg

dryyeryery_zps6d76336e.jpg

mchenrycards

Featured Contributor, Vintage Corner, Senior Membe
Before I worked in MLB Carlton was a very hard autograph to get. So many times I waited outside the ball park...and this was early in the day when it was just me and one other guy out there and he would never sign. He was always very polite and would say "no....sorry" but the man would never sign for anyone. A few years later when I was working in MLB I was able to get him and he reluctantly signed but I always laugh now that the man that was once a very tough autograph is now signing anywhere and everywhere. Even his pack pulled autos are greeted with a sigh when the ripper realizes who he got in his pack.

On the plus side, the man has a spectacular autograph and always seems to be very nice when signing. He takes the time to make items such as the one posted by the OP look even better with a great autograph! Congrats on the signing!!!

bongo870

Sep 30, 2009
Marlton NJ
Thanks guys. Yea he did it right handed. It was at the Granit run mall. Its been 2 years in a row he was there so i guess he does it every year there....

bongo870

Sep 30, 2009
Marlton NJ
Before I worked in MLB Carlton was a very hard autograph to get. So many times I waited outside the ball park...and this was early in the day when it was just me and one other guy out there and he would never sign. He was always very polite and would say "no....sorry" but the man would never sign for anyone. A few years later when I was working in MLB I was able to get him and he reluctantly signed but I always laugh now that the man that was once a very tough autograph is now signing anywhere and everywhere. Even his pack pulled autos are greeted with a sigh when the ripper realizes who he got in his pack.

On the plus side, the man has a spectacular autograph and always seems to be very nice when signing. He takes the time to make items such as the one posted by the OP look even better with a great autograph! Congrats on the signing!!!

A sigh.. I would cheer! LOL

u2me57

Mar 21, 2014
Hendersonville, Tn.
Yeah, hard to believe he is in his 70's. Doesn't seem like that long ago that I really enjoyed his 1972 season, when he won 27 games for an awful Phillies team that won 59 games. A very underrated baseball feat by Lefty.

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
Thanks guys. Yea he did it right handed. It was at the Granit run mall. Its been 2 years in a row he was there so i guess he does it every year there....

The whole Mall is closing soon, after X-Mas I think, so no more Card shows there.

Hopefully, the same guys (Poppel Bros) find a new spot for their "Reunion" shows. They have a store in Montgomeryville, but the Mall there is too small...

bongo870

Sep 30, 2009
Marlton NJ
The whole Mall is closing soon, after X-Mas I think, so no more Card shows there.

Hopefully, the same guys (Poppel Bros) find a new spot for their "Reunion" shows. They have a store in Montgomeryville, but the Mall there is too small...

Yea half the mal was closed.... I hope they find a closer mall for me...

Members online

Latest posts