Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

What eBay auction(s) have you been watching "forever" and it'll never sell - frustrating!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
It is clear to me that some guys post cards on eBay with no intention to sell and probably get more of a power trip off seeing people view the item or even watch it... even more of a trip when they get countless PMs about doing a deal offline or taking a lower price, etc.

Then again, and no offense to my fellow Belle collector on here but even after ~10 years of that Belle card being posted, someone ponied up paid the ransom with the help of gift cards and eBay bucks as play money... good for both parties but I hate seeing sellers like that get paid.

Why does it make you mad? Regarding the Belle, it wasn't a crazy amount of money, and in the 20 years it's been out you or the new owner hadn't landed it if I'm correct, meaning its a hard card to find, so why should the seller give it away? Is a seller like this expensive, yup, but I would rather keep the market high than peanuts. I can't afford to hang on to cards like them, but I wish I could price up vs down because I think it helps the market. I know people on here inc myself have done deals with him. I think Burbank, give or take some tweaks has a great biz model.

And if they are just using it as a showcase, just think of it as a photo bucket , and if you don't want to view, block the seller.

Ryan

Last edited:

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
Why does it make you mad? Regarding the Belle, it wasn't a crazy amount of money, and in the 20 years it's been out you or the new owner hadn't landed it if I'm correct, meaning its a hard card to find, so why should the seller give it away? Is a seller like this expensive, yup, but I would rather keep the market high than peanuts. I can't afford to hang on to cards like them, but I wish I could price up vs down because I think it helps the market. I know people on here inc myself have done deals with him. I think Burbank, give or take some tweaks has a great biz model.

And if they are just using it as a showcase, just think of it as a photo bucket , and if you don't want to view, block the seller.

Ryan

We can agree to disagree but I have grown into a collector who is not going reward someone who has a Belle that I need just because they've finally met the person or persons that is their only buyer.

That said, good for the seller for getting his ransom but I'm not going to do that. Do I have the money? Bet your ass I do and always have. Just not going to set a precedence for just paying any $ amount for a Belle that I need. My count is up to 20 or so Belle cards that I've basically passed on.

Anyways, that's the life of collecting I guess.

ChasHawk

Sep 4, 2008
Belvidere, Illinois
We can agree to disagree but I have grown into a collector who is not going reward someone who has a Belle that I need just because they've finally met the person or persons that is their only buyer.

That said, good for the seller for getting his ransom but I'm not going to do that. Do I have the money? Bet your ass I do and always have. Just not going to set a precedence for just paying any $ amount for a Belle that I need. My count is up to 20 or so Belle cards that I've basically passed on.

This.

I've passed on more than a hundred Dawsons on eBay and at shows.

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013

Yes, I totally agree in passing when the price doesn't meet what you feel it's worth to you. I do it all the time with Clark stuff etc. Pay the price you are comfortable with, no doubt. But it just doesn't make me mad at that seller if its priced higher than I want to pay. Anyway, just different viewpoints.

Ryan

Gjb70

Aug 1, 2015
Another consideration I had in this purchase was the fact that Mac has helped me out as a collector and I really appreciate that. From what I could gather, this was one of the very few Belle cards he didn't have, but had no intentions of buying this one. I have talked to Mac enough to know that he has learned to be a patient collector and it has paid off by allowing him to land many cards more rare than this. I also know he's not a big fan of graded cards, and clearly this seller thinks that the grading designation makes this card even more valuable. Plus it's not like VSM has any chance of coming down to earth to sell cards for a reasonable price. Had I not bought this one and another MBPP (or any other rare Belles, for that matter) pop up on eBay, I would ask Mac if he were going to go for it. If he said yes, I wouldn't bid. I have no idea if he'd care or not, but to me, bidding him up would be a D-move and I wouldn't do it. So I also looked at this card as one I would likely have to wait for two to come up, so I just bit the bullet.

viper

Dec 12, 2015
Ohio
looks like vintagesnowmobiles has another user name to clog our ebay feeds with...http://www.ebay.com/sch/1990s-card-collector/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_ipg=&_from=

I don't think 90's card collector and vintages snowmobiles are the same seller. When I first came to this board, I had questioned about the ransom that 90's collector was charging for his cards and @RStadlerASU22 provided some other names that 90's went by and to my recollection, vintage wasn't one of them.

That said, while I salivate over both of those sellers Griffey cards, for all I care they can rot away for the ransom that those two are wanting. And, it's not just limited to those two.... There are others on eBay that hold cards ransom for enormous amounts of money.

The thing is, that I have made decent offers on cards to both 90's and vintage only to never to be able to work a deal. I don't need any card that bad.

Correction.... It was [MENTION=1802]Pinbreaker[/MENTION] who mentioned that 90's card collector was also vintage snowmobiles about 3 months ago, in an answer to a question that I had.

Last edited:

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
^^^ I see you added the correction, as
yes they are the same seller. Or at least small group of up to two sellers who have a few user names.

Ryan

viper

Dec 12, 2015
Ohio
^^^ I see you added the correction, as
yes they are the same seller. Or at least small group of up to two sellers who have a few user names.

Ryan

Always like to give credit where it's due and I still greatly appreciate your help on that fake 1/1 RStadlerASU22. I have learned a lot from you and everyone else who takes the time to post on this board.

Joey_peapod

Jan 27, 2014
I don't think 90's card collector and vintages snowmobiles are the same seller. When I first came to this board, I had questioned about the ransom that 90's collector was charging for his cards and @RStadlerASU22 provided some other names that 90's went by and to my recollection, vintage wasn't one of them.

That said, while I salivate over both of those sellers Griffey cards, for all I care they can rot away for the ransom that those two are wanting. And, it's not just limited to those two.... There are others on eBay that hold cards ransom for enormous amounts of money.

The thing is, that I have made decent offers on cards to both 90's and vintage only to never to be able to work a deal. I don't need any card that bad.

Correction.... It was @Pinbreaker who mentioned that 90's card collector was also vintage snowmobiles about 3 months ago, in an answer to a question that I had.

vintagesnowmobiles and 90 card collector are not the same seller.

90scardcollector was formally Griffeyfan24(or something like that. People always thought I was him because our eBay names where Similiar. His name is Jeffrey closer.

EDIT: I see you some know this reading a few pages back.

Vintagesnowmobiles straight up sucks though. Back when I was on my Roberto Alomar kick I tried buying his crusade red and he would budge at all no even offered over 1k because I had a lot of stuff I had just sold. Luckily for me he didn't take it as I would have never recouped that much.

Last edited:

ChasHawk

Sep 4, 2008
Belvidere, Illinois
vintagesnowmobiles and 90 card collector are not the same seller.

90scardcollector was formally Griffeyfan24(or something like that. People always thought I was him because our eBay names where Similiar. His name is Jeffrey closer.

EDIT: I see you some know this reading a few pages back.

Vintagesnowmobiles straight up sucks though. Back when I was on my Roberto Alomar kick I tried buying his crusade red and he would budge at all no even offered over 1k because I had a lot of stuff I had just sold. Luckily for me he didn't take it as I would have never recouped that much.

Well then, vsm gave some of his Dawson cards to 90s to sell.

chris19978

Aug 30, 2011
I wish I had your same problem on prices mine are way over anything you have listed. I would say the Bernie Mirror Gold is not too far off his asking price I would think $1000.00 to $1,200 it would sell for if it went on auction. There was a 1993 Finest Refractor sold for almost $300.00 ungraded and I think the Mirror Gold would be more sought after. It's hard to gauge seeing they don't sell often and a card is only worth what someone is willing to pay. If you want it bad enough you will pay the prices if not then you won't own it unless you get lucky and find one on a auction. I know how people feel I felt a card was too high as it was listed with a starting price of $250.00 a long time ago and I offered him $225.00 he passed put it on auction starting at $0.99 and went for almost $400.00. Now I wish I had just paid the $250.00 as I still don't own the card. So really they could sell if the person wants it bad enough especially the ones that are crazy rare like 1 to 5 made.

SINFULONE

Sep 26, 2008

Have you picked up any other rare Belle's lately?

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
Have you picked up any other rare Belle's lately?
Honestly, it has been a minute. As you know, I only shoot for Belle cards that I do not have already and there are few cards that I hoard if you know what I mean. Belle hasn't been in the 2016 releases lately, so that has helped the wallet. I will have to pull my recent pulls... I know I got a nameplate and I also got a bat barrel one which is like the side of the bat handle... pretty cool.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts