Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

MLB "Highlight Reel" thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
Maybe so, but they're more difficult to find on a regular basis.

It's trivial to find. MLB.COM/VIDEO and browse the Cut4 section.

MLB.COM/VIDEO for the rest of the day's popular highlights, too. You'll have to dig down to the game highlights to concentrate on a specific game. I just go to the two sections above every day for the most popular highlights and for the bloopers/oddities in cut4.

u2me57

Mar 21, 2014
Hendersonville, Tn.
Best catch of the day, a Phillies fan holding his 2 year old daughter and a food tray in one hand, caught a foul ball with his other hand, without dropping anything. Go Phillies!

bmp1971

Jun 8, 2010
New Hampshire
Best catch of the day, a Phillies fan holding his 2 year old daughter and a food tray in one hand, caught a foul ball with his other hand, without dropping anything. Go Phillies!

vid?

"Rags" still has my all-time favorite blooper. It's not great quality in this clip but you get the idea...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ec14W8oh4sg

Start a blooper thread. I just wanted highlight vids of top plays in this one. But that Rags' chuck is funny.

r2d2

Aug 24, 2008
Mexico City

bmp1971

Jun 8, 2010
New Hampshire
http://m.mlb.com/video/v857065783/sdcin-finnegan-airmails-pitch-gets-hit-by-ball/?query=finnegan

Finnegan should have nailed the ump with a pitch. You can clearly see Finnigan is in his pitching motion (his non-pitching rubber foot is already lifted).

I wonder why pitchers don't throw a pitch in the direction of an umpire more often looking like an "accident" when timeouts are granted so late.

I've seen several late time outs called during pitches this year, just with Boston. I am always annoyed when the ump grants time to a batter while pitcher is in his windup. Finnegan didn't even complain. I would have walked up to the ump and had him explain how the batter has the right to call time while I'm in my windup!

Good thing the ump just lobbed that ball. Some umps whip the ball to the pitcher, so I can't imagine how things would have gone if he'd done that. Clearly Finnegan was upset though. It looked to me like it hit him directly on his pitching forearm, but the announcer said it hit him square on the dome.

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008
Wasn't that one of the things they were going to clean up in the pace of play rules? I could be wrong but agree it's crap. I understand doing though if it's allowed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk