Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Today is the 75th anniversary of the end of Joe DiMaggio's 56-game hit streak (and Ted's .406).

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
Sunday marks the 75th anniversary of the end of Joe DiMaggio’s record 56-game hitting streak, which ran from May 15 to July 16, 1941.
On July 17, he went 0-for-3 against the Indians.

It's also the 75th anniversary of the last .400 season, when Ted Williams hit .406.
It's sad that few people who could have remembered those two great feats are still alive.

Last edited:

Pinbreaker

Aug 7, 2008
Laguna Niguel, CA
Then I should show this..

attachment.php

u2me57

Mar 21, 2014
Hendersonville, Tn.
2 amazing records that have stood the test of 75 years. I think both records will stand for a long, long time. I can't even decide which record would be easier to break.

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
You look at his stats and what's even more mind boggling is his number of strikeouts over his whole career. I know we live in a different era but man, stack him up against other guys who are supposed to be the best hitters and it's not even close when you compare.

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
I think someone will hit .400 again someday. It's really amazing no one has done it since. Lots of obstacles, but there were obstacles in Ted's day, too. It'll probably take some sort of weird circumstance, like someone hitting .400 through early August, which could happen, and barely accumulating 502 PAs or whatever to make it official, with lots of walks, then getting knocked out by injury. But I'd like to imagine some amazing talent comes along with 20/10 vision, whip-like batspeed, and incredible endurance and hits .415 or something for a full season, with 4 hits on the last day to put an exclamation point on it.

Latest posts