Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Frank Thomas collectors thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Calripkenjrcollector

Dec 12, 2009
National City, California
Ha! Me too! The weird thing is he only sells PSA stuff, so you would think he would know what these go for. When I bought it I honestly thought someone was going to message him offering a big chunk and he was going to refund me.

Not a chance. I bought from this seller many times before without a problem what-so-ever. If it was Burbank..... another story.
They'll send you a wrong card and ignore you and after you leave a negative, all of a sudden they can read your PM's and ask you to send the card back and promise to refund your return shipping, etc, etc, etc... After all is said and done, you still wouldn't get the card you paid for and you wouldn't get the refund for your original shipping and the return shipping. We F*** up but you pay for it is their motto...

Brandt504

Apr 7, 2010
Northern California
Not a chance. I bought from this seller many times before without a problem what-so-ever. If it was Burbank..... another story.
They'll send you a wrong card and ignore you and after you leave a negative, all of a sudden they can read your PM's and ask you to send the card back and promise to refund your return shipping, etc, etc, etc... After all is said and done, you still wouldn't get the card you paid for and you wouldn't get the refund for your original shipping and the return shipping. We F*** up but you pay for it is their motto...

I've bought from Stephen at Burbank over 20 times with no issue at all. That surprises me...

patrick182

Mar 23, 2010
Everyone,

Please disregard and delete any suspicious emails sent from my email address this morning. It appears that my account was compromised.

I have changed my password and you should not receive anymore suspicious emails from my address. I apologize for the inconvenience, and thank you in advance for your understanding.

patrick182

Mar 23, 2010
There are 3 versions of this card? Is there a regular best cuts (Non-refractor?) If so I haven't seen one of those ever...Do you have scans of these cards, and any ideas on the values?

Hi there,

There are three versions of the Uncut for the Best Cuts card. One for each parallel - base, refractor, and atomic refractor. I haven't scanned all of them. While they are very rare, and selling prices tend to close at around $20-25.

patrick182

Mar 23, 2010
Here are the three uncut versions of the 1996 Bowman's Best Cuts:

ts1p.jpg

5tl7.jpg

34c1.jpg

Last edited:

SouthSideSluggers

Aug 7, 2008
Sunny Los Angeles
Thanks for the scans...I saw one of the Un-Cut Atomic Refractors at a show a couple of months back and the seller wanted $250 for it...saying that he heard that there were less than 5 of these. Any chance his numbers might be correct? Also how Rare is the 1994 Collector's Choice Up Close Thomas with the Tan/White Box in the bottom right hand corner? I haven't been able to find an example that has been sold in the last year for the Thomas.

Sep 11, 2009
Thanks for the scans...I saw one of the Un-Cut Atomic Refractors at a show a couple of months back and the seller wanted $250 for it...saying that he heard that there were less than 5 of these. Any chance his numbers might be correct? Also how Rare is the 1994Collector's Choice Up Close Thomas with the Tan/White Box in the bottom right hand corner? I haven't been able to find an example that has been sold in the last year for the Thomas.
If you wait you can usually find the 1994 Collectors Choice Tan/White Box in a lot for less than $5. It's not all that rare, its just people don't know what they have.

patrick182

Mar 23, 2010
RE: SouthSideSluggers

The '94 UC Coll Choice UC&P White Strip variation typically sells for around $20-30 as a single raw card when the seller knows what they have. But as bustin_knuckles said, you can typically find this card in listed lots. Just look closely at those auctions.

I hope this helps :)

Members online

No members online now.