Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Player Collectors 1500+ Club

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mouschi

Featured Contributor, Bridging the Gap, Senior Mem
May 18, 2012
Question about the 1989 Donruss #648. Beckett says the print is ONLY 40? I didn't think any card company made cards with that low of a print run back then. Do you know?

#648 is actually Orel Hershiser and is called "59 and Counting". The Canseco you are talking about is probably his 40/40 Club card. There are MUCH closer to 4,000,000 than 40 available :)

mattglet

Aug 14, 2017
NH
Question about the 1989 Donruss #648. Beckett says the print is ONLY 40? I didn't think any card company made cards with that low of a print run back then. Do you know?

Sorry for the late response - yeah, Beckett's data is incorrect (and I actually randomly noticed this only about a week ago and fixed my site as that's how I had it noted too - you can probably tell where I got my data :) )

But Tanner's right, it's #643 and DEFINITELY not short printed :)

delsant2

May 29, 2010
Hi Joe, thanks for putting together such a great list here. Sorry I never added my numbers up until now...

Mark McGwire - 4500

David Wright - 1535

Cheers,

Mark

Tibor

Sep 16, 2015
Very interesting thread. Some REALLY SERIOUS collectors out there. I have a few
questions though.
How many of these cards are third party graded? For instance the $25+ valued cards.
Are any of these TTM auto'd or at show auto'd?
Do you have side collections of "On Top" cellos/racks.
What percentage of what you paid for your cards do you expect when the time comes?
Do these players have museums where the cards can be donated when the time comes?
These are very impressive collections but future disposition would be a HUGE concern for me.

Members online