Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

recent BGS returns - Topps Chrome is a tough grade indeed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dp33

Jun 2, 2009
Well, after my 9.5/9.5/10/9.5 Richardson prism refractor, I bought up a few more prisms, as well as a couple of Lucks that I thought had a chance at a decent grade. Mixed results for sure. The all-9.5 Luck is sure nice, but I can't understand how the second one got an 8.5 on surface. Same with the corner grades on some of the refractors - that's usually the easiest category (for me) to spot ungradeable cards, so I find it hard to believe I missed on more than one. Oh well - live and learn I guess.

Lucks
Luck2012ToppsChrome1.jpgLuck2012ToppsChrome2.jpg

James
JamesL2012ToppsChromeblackref%u00252523d002299.jpgJamesL2012ToppsChromeprismref%u00252523d173216.jpg

Hillman

Hillman2012ToppsChromeprismref%u00252523d082216.jpg

f2tornado

Aug 14, 2008
Grand Forks, ND
Chrome has a lot of potential surface issues that are probably more common than not. These includes scratches, dimples, xfractor lines, roller marks (on reverse of serial numbered cards), and even finger prints. The roller marks and prints can be rubbed off with a cloth. I have graded perhaps a 1000 football Chrome over the past two years. Not a tough grade but more issues with a new card than one might expect. Luck 9.5s are quite tough and do sell for a well deserved premium. I have had the best luck with the Prism Refractor cards by landing several 10s including two Russell Wilson.

dp33

Jun 2, 2009
Chrome has a lot of potential surface issues that are probably more common than not. These includes scratches, dimples, xfractor lines, roller marks (on reverse of serial numbered cards), and even finger prints. The roller marks and prints can be rubbed off with a cloth. I have graded perhaps a 1000 football Chrome over the past two years. Not a tough grade but more issues with a new card than one might expect. Luck 9.5s are quite tough and do sell for a well deserved premium. I have had the best luck with the Prism Refractor cards by landing several 10s including two Russell Wilson.

Yeah, the Prisms all seem to look so good compared to other parallels. Nice return on the Wilsons for sure.

I got only 1 9 BGS RG3 out of the 12 RG3's and Lucks that I submitted. 2 came back as 10's. I would wipe down these cards.

That's a pretty good return. Definitely wiped mine down good before submitting them. I actually thought the 9.5 Luck would get a 9 due to some border chipping on the bottom, so guess I was wrong about that too.

Last edited:

Members online

Latest posts