Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

STL Cardinals offseason thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

George_Calfas

Aug 22, 2008
Urbana
Expensive gamble. Relievers are making crazy money these days.
I hope it works out. If we can keep Reyes and get Sale I am for it.
Wacha and a couple prospects should do it I hope.
CWS want five top line players for Sale.......the belief is that we aren't even in the running

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
I wouldn't want to deplete the farm for Sale, but I'd probably package Reyes with a few other guys for him if the CWS would do it.

Throw Matt Adams in there so we can finally get rid of him.

I don't see the Cardinals getting Sale, but I would love it.

Go get Fowler. Pay the man. Just do it.

craiger122003

Aug 7, 2008
vegas
Matt Adams and Luke Weaver plus another guy for Blackmon?
Seems like a fair trade Rockies desperately need a first baseman.
Adams would do well there playing full time. We desperately need a centerfielder.
Seems like a win win .

AnthonyCorona

Oct 6, 2014
Modesto, CA
Matt Adams and Luke Weaver plus another guy for Blackmon?
Seems like a fair trade Rockies desperately need a first baseman.
Adams would do well there playing full time. We desperately need a centerfielder.
Seems like a win win .
I root for the Rockies and while I like Weaver, Ryan McMahon played a decent 1B during the fall league. But the Rocks do a surplus of outfielders so that might be a realistic trade

Sent from my HTC Desire 626s using Freedom Card Board mobile app

craiger122003

Aug 7, 2008
vegas
Bud Black is just the next yes man in line. Much like Weiss and Hurdle were.
The GM or owner holds all the power in that organization. I really hope we can get
Blackmon. I think at this point in time Matt Carpenter is our first baseman.

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
Bud Black is just the next yes man in line. Much like Weiss and Hurdle were.
The GM or owner holds all the power in that organization. I really hope we can get
Blackmon. I think at this point in time Matt Carpenter is our first baseman.

The club has already came out and said that headed into Spring Training Carp is the 1B.

craiger122003

Aug 7, 2008
vegas
Yes pending any new transactions. As a GM having Carpenter is a dream because he can play anywhere in the infield.
I think the only sure guys on the roster right now are Carp, Molina and Waino. Most the other guys are expendable. Well Gyorko
too but only cause he makes so much.

craiger122003

Aug 7, 2008
vegas
Nice tickets do they limit or slow roll the drinks? Can you order 3 at the top of the 7th?
At 8 bucks a beer I could only really drink 6 or 7. But with all inclusive can I get 12?
Just sayin I know why you bought your ticket for the guaranteed Yadi bobblehead.

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
Nice tickets do they limit or slow roll the drinks? Can you order 3 at the top of the 7th?
At 8 bucks a beer I could only really drink 6 or 7. But with all inclusive can I get 12?
Just sayin I know why you bought your ticket for the guaranteed Yadi bobblehead.

As long as you're not being belligerent, they won't cut you off. They'll only give you two at a time, and they're not as big as normal, but they're unlimited.

craiger122003

Aug 7, 2008
vegas
Ok so Fowler, Piscotti and Grichuck will start. I would like to trade for Dyson as a backup
outfielder. We need a guy with his speed. Now we need to shore up the bullpen.

George_Calfas

Aug 22, 2008
Urbana
Ok so Fowler, Piscotti and Grichuck will start. I would like to trade for Dyson as a backup
outfielder. We need a guy with his speed. Now we need to shore up the bullpen.

At this point, I cant see a trade for Dyson unless they could move Jhonny P....and then sign Turner. I said it then and again now, the second half of the Peralta deal is hurting us.

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
Fowler got the Mike Leake contract. Basically the exact same deal.

I thought it was a joke for Leake, well, because he sucks donkey dick. But I love it for Fowler.

craiger122003

Aug 7, 2008
vegas
If this is Peralta's walk year you know he will put up numbers. Most players play at there
best on a walk year. Turner doesn't impress me much. I am in the Dodgers network area.
I have seen him play multiple times. A trade for Dyson won't take much only a couple
subpar minor leaguers.

Members online

Latest posts