Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

============ The Morning Thread ============

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

clarkzac

Oct 31, 2010
I saw one about a year ago that I didn't have the money for. Hoping I find another one at some point.

I love the looks of them! This one was at a benefit silent auction. I think it sold for $75 or so. I was keeping my eye on it though, just in case I was able to afford it

JackLondon

Aug 23, 2008
California
I was lucky enough to inherit a nice starter collection of rare books from my grandpa. His father (my great grandpa) knew Jack London well from the Oakland days and my grandfather met him a couple times when he was a kid. My mom gave me my grandfather's last remaining signed London book when I was in high school and my collection has grown from that to what it is today, almost thirty years later.

Both sets of grandparents kept a lot of old items and, since my brother and sister were not interested, I kept them and took care of them.

MojoDan

Aug 22, 2008
Forgive me if I asked already, but how many first editions do you have in your collection?

JackLondon

Aug 23, 2008
California
Of Jack I have four true firsts.

I have a bench of modern firsts, but, ones that would be considered truly rare, I have about 40.

Enfuego79

Jan 21, 2013
Deltona, FL
Evening Men,

Just got back from the Antique Festival and wanna show you guys what my wife found for me...your thoughts??ImageUploadedByFreedom Card Board1376515026.615832.jpgImageUploadedByFreedom Card Board1376515043.236081.jpgImageUploadedByFreedom Card Board1376515057.101711.jpg

Looking for Alex Rodriguez Cards, PM me.

gracecollector

Aug 7, 2008
Lake in the Hills, IL
Do we have any antique collectors in the MT? Toys etc...

I know Andrew collects books.

Die-Cast farm toys. My father, 3 brothers and I all collected them as kids (I grew up on a farm). Used to go to Farm Toy shows all the time. Stopped collecting them about 20 years ago, but still have many. I focused on White Field Equipment and its predecessor Oliver. My oldest stuff is from the 1930's. Manufacturers were Slik, Arcade and Ertl. Oliver is quite popular with collectors. It's all boxed up in my basement now, haven't looked at the stuff in 10 years.

$(KGrHqVHJBkFH)1g-V0NBSB(7I(jGQ~~60_12.JPG

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
Good afternoon gents!!! Sorry for being MIA... with my birthday being last Monday, I took off work, so now just playing catch-up.

@Enfuego79 - Pretty sweet haul! Did she pay the prices on those tags?!

Enfuego79

Jan 21, 2013
Deltona, FL
Good afternoon gents!!! Sorry for being MIA... with my birthday being last Monday, I took off work, so now just playing catch-up.

@Enfuego79 - Pretty sweet haul! Did she pay the prices on those tags?!

No, she paid $120 for the Cobbs and $8 for Ruth

Happy belated B-Day!

Looking for Alex Rodriguez Cards, PM me.

alexs64

Jul 28, 2010
Moreno Valley, Ca
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online