Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

New Official Beer of the Red Sox....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MrMet

Apr 6, 2010
The Poconos
...is Sam Adams

f0b499c50ba0359096ffeafe1242c573.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board

dano7

Aug 7, 2008
Roanoke, VA
Makes sense that it would be the official beer. I KNOW that no matter how much of it I drink, I'll never become a Red Sox fan!!!!

clarkzac

Oct 31, 2010
Is it just me or does this make too much sense to not have happened yet? I know I'm a fan of their beer. It's my go to if there isn't anything else that sounds good or nothing new to try

bstanwood

Sep 24, 2016
Mystic, CT
I'm still not paying $8+ in the stadium so they can have whatever they want in there. If they sell some of the new ones in stores I'll try it because they do make good brew.

MrMet

Apr 6, 2010
The Poconos
Don’t worry Yankee fans, I found your official vegetable oil today too...
1841b6220c814a7854a4a1d33574f024.jpg

But seriously, I wonder if this hurts their sales, angry Yankee fans like Anthony that won’t buy it anymore, helps sales, Red Sox fans who make it their go to, or doesn’t affect them at all

MisterT

Mar 7, 2011
Virginia
I think it will have no impact at all. It has always been associated with Boston (it is made by the Boston Beer Company after all). https://www.bostonbeer.com/overview

What you may not know is that both Twisted Tea and Angry Orchard are both also owned by them.

Frankly, they probably just noticed the massive spike in sales after the Stanton signing and decided to make it official. No better beer to wash away the tears of a broken heart...and that is coming from a fan of both the Sox and Sam!

joey12508

Aug 7, 2008
Winterfell
Don’t worry Yankee fans, I found your official vegetable oil today too...
1841b6220c814a7854a4a1d33574f024.jpg

But seriously, I wonder if this hurts their sales, angry Yankee fans like Anthony that won’t buy it anymore, helps sales, Red Sox fans who make it their go to, or doesn’t affect them at all

8on4nQ0.jpg

bstanwood

Sep 24, 2016
Mystic, CT
The Snickers pic is great! Maybe more major league ready young talent than anyone and you can't help but feel they will still be bad this year.

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
Is it just me or does this make too much sense to not have happened yet?

It makes sense not to have happened yet if MLB restricted individual teams' beer partnerships (i.e. MLB forced Budweiser or whatever to be the only beer sponsor for every team). If MLB had that rule and relaxed it that teams could individually choose different sponsors, it appears the Red Sox and Sam Adams went for it in the beer category.

I don't think this news means much - the Red Sox probably still have bud and coors or whatever on tap. If Sam Adams was the only beer sold on tap at Fenway Park, this sponsorship would be more impactful to fans.

Members online