Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

The Thrift Store Thread - Sports Edition

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ASTROBURN

Jun 23, 2011
Santa Cruz, CA
My friend does this and he's up to 5400 items and just started breaking 10+ sold daily after a year. I think his best shirt was a vintage Dio tour shirt that he got $250(I think) for. Thing about Ebay and graphic tees are all the Trademark Violation warnings. Not sure if you've been hit with any.

The only trademark violations I have come across (thru my dad really), was Hard Rock Cafe, and Monster Energy. Both items MUST have their brands on the shirt tags. If they dont, then they are knockoffs, and are heavily monitored on ebay.

cstmleather

Jan 14, 2009
The only trademark violations I have come across (thru my dad really), was Hard Rock Cafe, and Monster Energy. Both items MUST have their brands on the shirt tags. If they dont, then they are knockoffs, and are heavily monitored on ebay.

He's actually got a few from those same two companies. The Hard Rock had a tag but they said it was a knockoff anyway. The Monster one was actually a race they had sponsored, they said he could relist it as long as he didn't use their name in the title/description. The last one I know he got was for a Sid Vicious tee.

I've received warnings/take downs from these.
Grand Theft Auto
Bioshock
Minecraft

CollectorsCorner

Super Moderator
Feb 13, 2009
Since the thread is kicking again. Almost almost almost yard sale season here. Went to 5 this weekend but only spent money at 1.

.25 each figured I couldn't go wrong.

rum151man

Mar 9, 2010
Nor Cal
He's actually got a few from those same two companies. The Hard Rock had a tag but they said it was a knockoff anyway. The Monster one was actually a race they had sponsored, they said he could relist it as long as he didn't use their name in the title/description. The last one I know he got was for a Sid Vicious tee.

I've received warnings/take downs from these.
Grand Theft Auto
Bioshock
Minecraft

Red bull is the worst I got my account suspended for 7 days selling red bull new era hats

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
Red bull is the worst I got my account suspended for 7 days selling red bull new era hats
I hate this stuff. If they can't prove you did not get it from some kind of promotion thus not paying for it some how. (Ie buying their drink) then why do tthey care you sell it. It should be ok for you to move something you don't have a use for.

I have gotten a few things with some kind of promotion and sell it locally, but it should not matter either way in my opinion

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
I've honestly never heard of companies pulling their products from eBay.

What do you guys think would happen if card manufacturers ever did that?

My wife had a Michael Kors key chain thing that came as a bonus w her MK purse. She listed it and had bids but it was removed because even though it was legit , MK doesn't allow items that weren't sold as stand alone items to be sold.

I know a guy who acquired a large lot of Barry Sanders autos from a card show promoter (legit) and Barry agent or some handler of his had them pulled down. The promoter refunded him all the $, so that was good, but they were legit w JSA cert etc and I guess the agent didn't like the qty and eBay forced the removal.

Ryan

markotsay7

Feb 18, 2011
Picked this up for $1.49, usually do shirts and jerseys but I know old snapbacks sell. Condition is like new, but can't find this hat anywhere. It's by AJD. Looked on worthpoint too and nada. [MENTION=4248]rum151man[/MENTION] [MENTION=6366]ASTROBURN[/MENTION], any thoughts on value? I was guessing $15-20 but don't want to undersell myself.ImageUploadedByTapatalk1428001396.717992.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1428001407.686413.jpg

CollectorsCorner

Super Moderator
Feb 13, 2009
Picked this up for $1.49, usually do shirts and jerseys but I know old snapbacks sell. Condition is like new, but can't find this hat anywhere. It's by AJD. Looked on worthpoint too and nada. @rum151man @ASTROBURN, any thoughts on value? I was guessing $15-20 but don't want to undersell myself.View attachment 48408View attachment 48409

I would try an auction starting at what you want for it. Thomas has/had a lot of followers and his rare cards do real well. This could be really good but I don't know hats either.

rum151man

Mar 9, 2010
Nor Cal
Picked this up for $1.49, usually do shirts and jerseys but I know old snapbacks sell. Condition is like new, but can't find this hat anywhere. It's by AJD. Looked on worthpoint too and nada. [MENTION=4248]rum151man[/MENTION] [MENTION=6366]ASTROBURN[/MENTION], any thoughts on value? I was guessing $15-20 but don't want to undersell myself.View attachment 48408View attachment 48409

If it were mine Id list it for $74.99 obo and see what if any offers roll in. Worst case it sits for a while and you don't risk leaving $$$ on the table

markotsay7

Feb 18, 2011
Thanks to both of you. Was thinking about $50 obo after seeing what other AJD hats did but I didn't find any quite like this. No tags but it's never been worn and everything including the AJD logo is stitched.

rum151man

Mar 9, 2010
Nor Cal
Got this awesome package today from [MENTION=2614]lambert58[/MENTION] thank you for the great kindness my friend they are awesome

ImageUploadedByFreedom Card Board1428432493.773249.jpg

ASTROBURN

Jun 23, 2011
Santa Cruz, CA
Ht the flea market this past sunday now that i can go on sundays. (Got a new job, mon thru friday, weekends off. Very thrilled about sundays off since i live a block away from the flea)

scored a few goodies. Heres some quick pics as they are drying...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    166.6 KB · Views: 24
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    157.1 KB · Views: 23
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    171 KB · Views: 22
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    207.6 KB · Views: 22
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    154.7 KB · Views: 21
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    205.7 KB · Views: 21
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    250 KB · Views: 20

ASTROBURN

Jun 23, 2011
Santa Cruz, CA

when i first started selling, i laid the shirts over a tape measure, then a yardstick. I got countless people asking what the sizes were. People simply cannot do the math. I currently lay two yardsticks over the shirt pit to pit and neck to bottom. If you arent going to list the actual sizes in your description, then i would strongly suggest doing the same. In my listings, it is the second picture of the collection consisting of full front, full front with sticks, close up of front graphic, angle shot of graphic if necessary, a collar shot showing condition of collar as well as size and tag info, full back shot with or without graphic, close up of graphic, angled shot of graphic if necessary. Heres a shot with the sticks as an example:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    134.1 KB · Views: 29

lambert58

Sep 29, 2008
Melbourne, FL
Thanks Astro. I do include the size of the shirt in the title and description, but I got the yard stick idea from you so credit to you! I will consider the two if I can find another yard stick around the house. Thanks again.

A_Pharis

Not sport related and not my find, but a lady that works for one of my clients - some time back - bought what she thought was old costume jewelry (a necklace) for $7 at a local Goodwill. They took it to get it cleaned, and it turned out to be real and worth around $3k.

When I go into Goodwill, it's all t-ball tee shirts and Readers Digests...

Superhuskiefan1

Jan 26, 2010
UW Huskies
Ht the flea market this past sunday now that i can go on sundays. (Got a new job, mon thru friday, weekends off. Very thrilled about sundays off since i live a block away from the flea)

scored a few goodies. Heres some quick pics as they are drying...
Sold that same wild thing jersey a couple months ago and just saw that same angels Hawaiian jersey today at a thrift store

Members online