Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Question about selling inserts on eBay with Free Shipping

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

klute14

Dec 4, 2008
Maine
I have a lot of inserts, #'d and the like, that "book" between $2-$20.
I have set up multiple FS threads here and on other sites with minimal success.
I am thinking of taking them to eBay but I know people don't want to pay $2.25 (what I charge) for shipping in a padded mailer with DC for a $4 insert.
If I offer free shipping and in the body of my description state that they will be mailed in PWE inside a top loader, do you think this opens me up for some potential charge backs?
These aren't high dollar inserts by any means but I do think there is some cash value to be had.

Thoughts?

Casebusters

Aug 14, 2008
Viera, Florida
Don't think that way,

I have 5000 fixed price items on ebay with $3.00 Flat rate, no how many you buy and 80% buyers still buy 1 card...
so I've had people buy $1.00 card and send $4.00

Aug 7, 2008
Tampa, FL
As a player collector, if it's an insert I really need, I don't care how much I have to pay to make sure it gets into my hands safely. With that being said, if a seller has free shipping I still expect it to be shipped in a bubble envelope. Whenever I receive a card in a PWE, after unleashing a string of swear words, I then leave that seller zero stars for shipping rating. Just my two cents.

Thanks,
Jeff

weight333

May 28, 2013
Milwaukee, WI
If I pay less than $5 for a card and it's free shipping, I'd expect a PWE. I don't mind if it's a PWE as long as the card is received undamaged. However, if the card is damaged in the process, I would contact the seller to correct the problem.

goobmcnasty

Apr 4, 2014
I'd offer $2.50 shipping, and combine shipping. I love knocking out 5-6 insert needs with one seller.

swish54_99

Dec 12, 2012
I think you're just asking for trouble eventually by sending in a pwe. Happens too often that some idiot buyer doesn't read the item description and opens a case and wins even though what they are claiming is clearly in the description. I'd just offer free shipping and add a couple dollars to your starting price and build it into the price of the card.

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
Just have two options for shipping, a PWE for free and a bubble envelope for a couple bucks extra.
Problem solved.

neckababy1

Jul 26, 2010
Toms River, NJ
Try posting them on sportlots.com. It gives the buyer the option for PWE shipping or premium shipping which you set the price for. I just started on there about three weeks ago with mostly the same types of cards.